Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Guiza

Weather

11 minutes ago, Buce said:

Not for the first time this summer I'm glad that I own a tent.

Been camping near Southwold this weekend and it’s been terrific.

Bit cooler on the coast and comfortable at night.

Debut for the air tent.

20 minutes and it’s up.

Awaiting erection jokes’

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Great weather if you're on holiday near the coast, shit weather if you're stuck at home or at work 

We went to the beach at Tenby today. The wife and kids went in the sea and played on the sand while I lay down on a towel and had a kip. 

Must have only been asleep for 30 mins and it can’t have been more than 27 degrees but I am completely burnt to fvck now.

Red raw like a lobster. I’ll never learn

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

We went to the beach at Tenby today. The wife and kids went in the sea and played on the sand while I lay down on a towel and had a kip. 

Must have only been asleep for 30 mins and it can’t have been more than 27 degrees but I am completely burnt to fvck now.

Red raw like a lobster. I’ll never learn

I love Tenby. Spent most of today in the car on the way back from a week on the South Coast. Not sure if I should be grateful to have been in the air conditioning, or feel like I missed out on the lovely weather 🙄

5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone who says they enjoy this weather in England are straight up lying. It’s one thing being in Italy near the sea/lakes etc to it being 30 degrees in Leicester. Bring on October where hopefully we get normal weather.

Absolutely, say the same all the time, ibiza has sea and pools to dip in, unfortunately my garden has neither, fooking shite being land locked and right now theres not even a breeze coming through any of my open windows. Looking forward to waking up in a small pool of sweat lol

4 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

Been camping near Southwold this weekend and it’s been terrific.

Bit cooler on the coast and comfortable at night.

Debut for the air tent.

20 minutes and it’s up.

Awaiting erection jokes’

Visited Southwold for the 1st time last week, nice place, busy as tho, turns out basically most of the town is holiday rentals.

But will deffo return at some point.

6 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Absolutely, say the same all the time, ibiza has sea and pools to dip in, unfortunately my garden has neither, fooking shite being land locked and right now theres not even a breeze coming through any of my open windows. Looking forward to waking up in a small pool of sweat lol

Visited Southwold for the 1st time last week, nice place, busy as tho, turns out basically most of the town is holiday rentals.

But will deffo return at some point.

The North Norfolk coast is getting like that regarding rentals,not so good for the locals wanting to buy a house,but shop owners this time of year can make their money in 4 months.

About 30 of us went Saturday for a bit of a beach party( not a raucous Ibiza type do)but we decided to make a weekend of it and camped at Dunwich.Got to the beach early so parking wasn’t a problem.

Went back on Sunday after lunch and it was mayhem,I then decided as we had the dog that walking about with hot paths and little shade it wasn’t fair or good for the dog.So went back to site and told the girls I would pick them up .Where I accidentally seemed to find a place to listen to the cricket in the shade.So disappointed I missed out on traipsing through many shops randomly feeling clothing  material and holding every item up,which is bad enough in the cold in a dull City!

9 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I love Tenby. Spent most of today in the car on the way back from a week on the South Coast. Not sure if I should be grateful to have been in the air conditioning, or feel like I missed out on the lovely weather 🙄

At least you’ve got air conditioning!

Its not working in my car and the garage quoted me a grand to replace it. I thought sod it as it’s only hot 3 weeks a year in the UK :rolleyes:

A 4 hour drive to Wales in a sauna on Sunday was a bit sweaty :sweating:

Tried to explain to the kids we never had air con in cars when we were young but they didn’t believe me lol

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Its not working in my car and the garage quoted me a grand to replace it. I thought sod it as it’s only hot 3 weeks a year in the UK :rolleyes:

Tried to explain to the kids we never had air con in cars when we were young but they didn’t believe me lol

haha! Yes, I can remember getting in my dad's Vauxhall Viva after it had been parked up in the sun and the vinyl seats would literally burn the skin off the backs of your legs. Was like going for a sit down on Mercury!

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Although that's true, it might surprise you learn that it was first available in cars as long ago as the early 1930s.

• Like 1

One of the farmers fields next to where I live went up in flames yesterday afternoon. Fire service said that it was due to the heat, they said that it was the 3rd one they’d been to that day in the area. Managed to put it out no bother though. 

3 hours ago, cambridgefox said:

The North Norfolk coast is getting like that regarding rentals,not so good for the locals wanting to buy a house,but shop owners this time of year can make their money in 4 months.

About 30 of us went Saturday for a bit of a beach party( not a raucous Ibiza type do)but we decided to make a weekend of it and camped at Dunwich.Got to the beach early so parking wasn’t a problem.

Went back on Sunday after lunch and it was mayhem,I then decided as we had the dog that walking about with hot paths and little shade it wasn’t fair or good for the dog.So went back to site and told the girls I would pick them up .Where I accidentally seemed to find a place to listen to the cricket in the shade.So disappointed I missed out on traipsing through many shops randomly feeling clothing  material and holding every item up,which is bad enough in the cold in a dull City!

Family used to have a chalet on kings chalet park cromer near the golf course and light house, not been for a while, but sister in law moved just outside mundsley last year, if you go inland a bit you can find much better deals, that said you still have to have some cash, they sold in tring, nice enough family house, decent sized garden, but for about 300k less they now have 3.5 acres, with outbuildings they could convert for rentals if they wanted too. 

But I get your point that it seems to be the wealthy buying up everything as 2nd homes or rentals that just drives the prices up and up. Sad for the locals who grew up there etc that they have to move away.

That could be said for everywhere tho, theres no way my kids are gonna be able to afford to live in Goscote, syston etc if the prices keep going, you'd need to be earning at least 60k a year and have 60k deposit at this rate.

15 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Family used to have a chalet on kings chalet park cromer near the golf course and light house, not been for a while, but sister in law moved just outside mundsley last year, if you go inland a bit you can find much better deals, that said you still have to have some cash, they sold in tring, nice enough family house, decent sized garden, but for about 300k less they now have 3.5 acres, with outbuildings they could convert for rentals if they wanted too. 

But I get your point that it seems to be the wealthy buying up everything as 2nd homes or rentals that just drives the prices up and up. Sad for the locals who grew up there etc that they have to move away.

That could be said for everywhere tho, theres no way my kids are gonna be able to afford to live in Goscote, syston etc if the prices keep going, you'd need to be earning at least 60k a year and have 60k deposit at this rate.

Sounds fantastic having that land,I criticise ,but my parents bought a 2nd home in Burnham Market years ago,before in became “ Chelsea on sea” loved it until it became the tourist trap.Ended up hating the place,but were compensated by making a few hundred thousand on the gaff!

They then bought  a caravan at Kelling Heath( near Sheringham) before my dad died in the forest which is lovely.

My mum just phoned me to say she is going now for a few days.Nice

ps My dad didn’t die in the forest 😂

Edited by cambridgefox

15 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Anyone who says they enjoy this weather in England are straight up lying. It’s one thing being in Italy near the sea/lakes etc to it being 30 degrees in Leicester. Bring on October where hopefully we get normal weather.

I don't just enyoy this weather I love it! Seriously straight up, I do.

I love it.

I genuinely think I have SAD. January, February and March are pretty much unbearably miserable. Grey, wet, cold, awful sh*te.

The weather in this country really is the absolute f**king pits for about 80% of the year so I'm pleased to have a bit of sunshine.