Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Guiza

Weather

12 hours ago, Manini said:

First pre season footy training tonight. It was still 32 degrees at half 6. Obviously I spewed my guts up. It’s ****ing warm like. 

Posted a screenshot in another thread (how was your day???) last week but we have been getting solid 30s over here and feel like in the high 30s. Its been hot. One day last week was 34 feels like 47. And that was closer to 6-7pm. At least central air is common over here. But even just going into the garage for a few mins came back inside and i had a serious  case of dutty swass.

Edited by Jattdogg

10 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Thankfully, it's supposed to be a lot cooler for the next two weeks, at least.

I honestly hate the heat. Anything even close to 30 degrees C is just a pain in the arse. As horrible as it has been, I'm glad the summer has been a lot better than last year's. That was murder.

I heard on the radio yesterday that there could be another heatwave in August, but nothing like as bad as this one.

So two days instead of three then. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We're British.

It's in our DNA to moan about the weather.

I'd much rather be sweating my bits off than freezing my nads off.

Heat over cold any day.

Hot can be uncomfortable and unpleasant but freezing cold actually hurts.I always think that when I’m too hot and it cools me down a couple of degrees.

20 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

Yes but frost bite hurts more.Sun burn is usually self inflicted aswell.

Frost bite and sun burn are both self inflicted. I’ve been in situations where if I wasn’t wearing 15 layers I would have got frost bite.

10 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Frost bite and sun burn are both self inflicted. I’ve been in situations where if I wasn’t wearing 15 layers I would have got frost bite.

The difference is you are more likely to take precautions against the cold.Unless you are a complete nutter most people will wear suitable clothing when it’s freezing.Even then though that’s sometimes not enough.Where as people’s natural reaction is to take things off when it’s hot.The warning signs aren’t as immediate.

Neither extremes of hot nor cold are exactly brilliant for allowing folks to function and sourcing essentials, are they? That being said, I do agree there is more precautions that you can take against excess cold than excess heat.

I'm more worried that extremes of one or the other are simply going to become more and more commonplace.

33 minutes ago, Heathrow fox said:

The difference is you are more likely to take precautions against the cold.Unless you are a complete nutter most people will wear suitable clothing when it’s freezing.Even then though that’s sometimes not enough.Where as people’s natural reaction is to take things off when it’s hot.The warning signs aren’t as immediate.

Fair point.

3 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Neither extremes of hot nor cold are exactly brilliant for allowing folks to function and sourcing essentials, are they? That being said, I do agree there is more precautions that you can take against excess cold than excess heat.

I'm more worried that extremes of one or the other are simply going to become more and more commonplace.

Yeah, I agree that we can’t function properly at the extremes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Corky said:

Absolutely boiling. Plenty of non-league matches today, feel for the players in this heat.

It's that awkward, uncomfortable, sticky heat as well. Went out for a walk yesterday when it hadn't even reached peak temperature and was sweating my arse off after about 10 minutes. Even in the shade it was just as hot.