Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
David Guiza

Weather

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

It's incredible, honestly can't see how people moan about it. 

It's far better than rain and wind, but I couldn't do this every day without some massive improvements in infrastructure to cope with it.

17 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

It's far better than rain and wind, but I couldn't do this every day without some massive improvements in infrastructure to cope with it.

To be honest I'm probably being a bit smug as it's actually quite a lot cooler down here than elsewhere. Currently 'only' 28 degrees here as opposed to 35 in LC.

Sweating like a dyslexic on countdown, like a guide dog at a Korean barbecue, like Josef Fritzl on an episode of Mtv Cribs, like Fred West watching Ground Force, like Karen Matthews on an episode of Cash in the Attic....

• Haha 3

Spent today moving out of my flat and moving stuff into storage with a drive to Liverpool and back from York in a van without AC. Sweaty would be an understatement.

My only complaint is the shite rental van cooling though, I love the weather!

4 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Should be cooler tomorrow, I've got 2 days golfing and swigging ahead of me. I'm working at home today and my desk is in the attic, it's like Mick Philpott's house in here today. Hideous.

Had to Google Mick Philpott, I remember him now, and I have to admit that was a bit close to the bone even for me :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Should be cooler tomorrow, I've got 2 days golfing and swigging ahead of me. I'm working at home today and my desk is in the attic, it's like Mick Philpott's house in here today. Hideous.

**** sakes!!! ?

4 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

At least in a few years' time when it's like this it'll be easier to cool off with a nice dip in the sea as it'll be a lot nearer

I remember that line out of only fools when Rodney is banging on about global warming and Del says ‘that’ll be alright, we can advertise our flat as having sea views’...

:D

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Sweating like a dyslexic on countdown, like a guide dog at a Korean barbecue, like Josef Fritzl on an episode of Mtv Cribs, like Fred West watching Ground Force, like Karen Matthews on an episode of Cash in the Attic....

Fred West watching groundforce...

:giggle:

This guy will be popular today...

A guy chasing a dog on the tracks out of the UK's busiest railway station (Waterloo) brings it all to a halt on the hottest day ever, lots of trains stranded as the power was turned off. Ironically Waterloo was one of the few stations running normally with all this hot weather until this happened. All of the lines out of Waterloo have a live 3rd rail just to add to the danger. Not sure what happened to the dog.

Its horrific, ive always struggled in anything over 20ish degrees and had to cycle home from work yesterday and my phone said feel like temp 39! Not sure how accurate but fvck me it felt like it.

The only good thing to come from this is my hayfever has been loads better.

Cambridge hit that 100c yesterday hottest July day on record.

usually out and about in my lovely air conditioned car as a rep telling lies.

However,we were so busy at work with a few employees off,I said last week I would help out in the factory,making bloody cardboard boxes,lugging board about( heavier than you think) no air conditioner and had a window next to me.

needless to say I was sweating like( checking above posts to see if there are any left)

a nun in a field full of cucumbers 

• Haha 3

Thankfully, it's supposed to be a lot cooler for the next two weeks, at least.

I honestly hate the heat. Anything even close to 30 degrees C is just a pain in the arse. As horrible as it has been, I'm glad the summer has been a lot better than last year's. That was murder.

I heard on the radio yesterday that there could be another heatwave in August, but nothing like as bad as this one.