Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moseeds

Jon Rudkin Appreciation Thread

Used to get slated on this forum as well, seems to really come to grips with dealings these days. The positive thing is I’d say the vast majority of fans are comfortable losing Maguire for that money as they know we’ll bring in a capable replacement before the start of the season, it had likely been sorted before we said yes to Utd

33 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Hmm. That's a really big if. With hindsight, it seems like we didn't do much research into those signings. Should have been fairly easy to see that they either weren't suited to the PL, had an attitude problem or simply weren't good enough.

Yes I agree, but that’s not for Rudkin to do necessarily. That will have been the scouting teams job and by the time it’s got to JD you’d expect it’s been agreed through the board that a deal is going to be put together. He doesn’t just decide if he going to buy or not the owners will have a say.       

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JJS84 said:

Yes I agree, but that’s not for Rudkin to do necessarily. That will have been the scouting teams job and by the time it’s got to JD you’d expect it’s been agreed through the board that a deal is going to be put together. He doesn’t just decide if he going to buy or not the owners will have a say.       

Good point. I don't know whether the scouts or Rudkin would be responsible for working out how much a target is worth, but I expect you're right. Can't blame Rudkin if he gets what he thinks is a good deal based on what the scouts have told him.

I remember someone saying that Walsh identified Slimani, but said the club shouldn't spend more than around £10m on him. Then we spent 3 times that amount!

23 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Used to get slated on this forum as well, seems to really come to grips with dealings these days. The positive thing is I’d say the vast majority of fans are comfortable losing Maguire for that money as they know we’ll bring in a capable replacement before the start of the season, it had likely been sorted before we said yes to Utd

He's slated by people who don't have a clue and search for an easy scapegoat when things get hairy. Let's how long this appreciation thread will last before the usual bashing ones appear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

Good point. I don't know whether the scouts or Rudkin would be responsible for working out how much a target is worth, but I expect you're right. Can't blame Rudkin if he gets what he thinks is a good deal based on what the scouts have told him.

I remember someone saying that Walsh identified Slimani, but said the club shouldn't spend more than around £10m on him. Then we spent 3 times that amount!

Yeah to can’t account for how a deal plays out. In this case, Walsh suggested the player and you would say he was normally so spot on. 

Some are moaning that we have sold Harry and have to spend on a replacement. I’m sorry to see him go would of loved him to be here next season to be part of this new era. However we Leicester City  have sold a player for a world record fee for a defender. 

£80 million is phenomenal amount of money. A lot on here moaned when we spent £17 million on him and now have made £63 mill profit. 

It doesn’t matter what it cost to replace him that money is still profit. 

Over last 4 seasons we have sold 4 players for £210 million after an initial outlay of £23.2 million. If that is down to Rudkin then he deserves a bonus I think 

Edited by Lesterlad

1 hour ago, Albert said:

What an embarrassingly disrespectful post to make. It’s like saying what’s Vardy done other than what he’s been told to do.

Putting the fact he’s been a massive part of us becoming one of the best run Football clubs in Europe which has put us in the unbelievable position we now find ourselves in to one side, more importantly he was Vichai’s right hand man through it all which says everything!

Instead of all the petty, uneducated, non factual, blame game & finger pointing comments that are thrown his way, he should be given a lot more respect when u compare us to the majority of other clubs for the very difficult job he’s had & the position he’s helped to put us in. 

In your opinion albert, whose hand has been stronger on the tiller in achieving the phrase you wrote in larger type  - JR or SW ?? 

2 hours ago, Albert said:

What an embarrassingly disrespectful post to make. It’s like saying what’s Vardy done other than what he’s been told to do.

Putting the fact he’s been a massive part of us becoming one of the best run Football clubs in Europe which has put us in the unbelievable position we now find ourselves in to one side, more importantly he was Vichai’s right hand man through it all which says everything!

Instead of all the petty, uneducated, non factual, blame game & finger pointing comments that are thrown his way, he should be given a lot more respect when u compare us to the majority of other clubs for the very difficult job he’s had & the position he’s helped to put us in. 

No the embassing bit is people kissing rudkins arse making out hes some hero.

Hes negotiated nothing the club Top set the price and rudkin accepted when they hit the figure. Had he agreed to sell at £70m he would of been out the door before the deal was signed.

All hail Rudkin for sticking to his guns and getting the figure the club wanted that he had no say in.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, That_Dude said:

He's slated by people who don't have a clue and search for an easy scapegoat when things get hairy. Let's how long this appreciation thread will last before the usual bashing ones appear.

That’s a bit of a stretch. He ain’t a bad looking gent like, but can’t see that happening for me.

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Hes negotiated nothing the club Top set the price and rudkin accepted when they hit the figure. Had he agreed to sell at £70m he would of been out the door before the deal was signed.

All hail Rudkin for sticking to his guns and getting the figure the club wanted that he had no say in.

He has negotiated a world record fee for a defender. A defender that he negotiated to buy for less than a quarter of that world record fee. Let that sink in a little... 

• Like 1

Whose decision was it to extend James Contract?   There have been some extremely good deals under his watch BUT there have been some Turkeys too.  Definitely learned from the 2016 summer car crash.  Onwards and Upwards in BR we trust.

• Like 1

Guest Cujek
On 02/08/2019 at 15:41, lifted*fox said:

I used to hate on the guy regularly but he's won me over in the last couple of years. we've had some right dog-shit players but he's also bought in some class players and when we've absolutely had to sell we've made **** loads of profit.

fair play

You mean some of the world's top business men know a thing or two about to have a around them, never would have thought that

?

15 hours ago, sylofox said:

After reading that I’m honestly 50/50 as to whether you’re a parody account on a wind up or not!

Let me get this straight. You’re saying that Top set a transfer price to his director of football who then had nothing to do with the negotiations apart from accepting offers for the amount that was told by the club? So Rudkin was basically just a glorified receptionist for a World record transfer then?!?! 

If you think that was the actual case then how would it of been possible for JR to sign off a £70m deal for Maguire with no negotiations or any input from Top resulting in his dismissal in the fantasy land story u made up? 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, st albans fox said:

In your opinion albert, whose hand has been stronger on the tiller in achieving the phrase you wrote in larger type  - JR or SW ?? 

No idea mate & it’d be irrelevant anyway. The owners have put them in charge of running the football club. JR overseas the footballing side, SW overseas the business side. They work side by side so are just as important as each other

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Albert said:

After reading that I’m honestly 50/50 as to whether you’re a parody account on a wind up or not!

Let me get this straight. You’re saying that Top set a transfer price to his director of football who then had nothing to do with the negotiations apart from accepting offers for the amount that was told by the club? So Rudkin was basically just a glorified receptionist for a World record transfer then?!?! 

If you think that was the actual case then how would it of been possible for JR to sign off a £70m deal for Maguire with no negotiations or any input from Top resulting in his dismissal in the fantasy land story u made up? 

7 hours ago, Albert said:

No idea mate & it’d be irrelevant anyway. The owners have put them in charge of running the football club. JR overseas the footballing side, SW overseas the business side. They work side by side so are just as important as each other

You gotta love it when it's coming out now Rudkin had nothing to do with this deal lollollol

• Haha 1

Have we played a blinder this window? We’ll know Thursday night!

If Rudders & co are as good as most on FT seem to think, then Harry’s replacement was lined up some time ago at a price the club is happy to pay.

And given the obvious need for a goalscoring winger and competition/cover for Madders/Youri, there’ll be incomings there too.

If all of these pan out I’ll be delighted and this thread will be more than deserved. Until then I’m keeping everything crossed and trying (& failing) to be patient!

13 hours ago, sylofox said:

You gotta love it when it's coming out now Rudkin had nothing to do with this deal lollollol

Lol! You’ve just read the Daily Mail’s gossip column about Susan Whelan & because the 50 word paragraph didn’t contain the words “Jon Rudkin” you’ve come to the conclusion he had nothing to do with the deal haven’t you? ??

To think that is embarrassing enough but to then attempt to use it as a deflection tactic from not having a response to being called out on your original post is just a cowardly act

7 minutes ago, Albert said:

Lol! You’ve just read the Daily Mail’s gossip column about Susan Whelan & because the 50 word paragraph didn’t contain the words “Jon Rudkin” you’ve come to the conclusion he had nothing to do with the deal haven’t you? ??

To think that is embarrassing enough but to then attempt to use it as a deflection tactic from not having a response to being called out on your original post is just a cowardly act

I think he’s referring to the article in The Athletic today by Laurie Whitwell which went into great detail about this transfer and Susan’s role in it.

Clearly saying Rudkin did ‘nothing’ is wrong... but Whelan did more of the negotiating on this particular transfer and deserves the credit.

Edited by brucey

18 minutes ago, brucey said:

I think he’s referring to the article in The Athletic today by Laurie Whitwell which went into great detail about this transfer and Susan’s role in it.

Clearly saying Rudkin did ‘nothing’ is wrong... but Whelan did more of the negotiating on this particular transfer and deserves the credit.

He can refer to whatever article he wants & have whatever opinion he wants but it won’t change the fact he was being very disrespectful towards JR in his original post & he was wrong. 

• Like 1