Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

Evans

12 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

Fantastic player 

His mature approach and the way he calmly manages the defense has brought on Söyüncü massively. Hopefully behind the scenes he's doing the same with Benković as we need a succession plan.

I hope he can play til he retires here and be given a coaching job.

Guest An Sionnach

There is not much Kolo , Wes and Jonny do not know about defending , they must have been pretty pissed off about the Man City and Liverpool matches. I don't expect that to happen again. Conceding one goal is acceptable, two is not good enough.

On 02/08/2019 at 23:39, Shane said:

Fantastic player. 

If only Huth was a few years younger him and Evans together would be a brick wall. 

I think that Evans compliments Soyuncu and vice versa, both have strengths in different areas.  I think that Evans, with his experience, is  a great mentor for him and will only help Soyuncu improve.  

Even hypothetically, I'd rather stick with the partnership we've got.

Edited by murphy

• 1 month later...

Has anyone else noticed that Evans has this habbit where he just stands still when he's looking for a pass out of defence? He'll just stand there waiting rather than playing a sideways pass or what seems an obvious pass into midfield. 

Not really a criticism as it's probably a sign that someone's not doing their job somewhere in regards to Rodgers's instructions but it feels like it really slows our play down and allows the opposition to regain shape.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Has anyone else noticed that Evans has this habbit where he just stands still when he's looking for a pass out of defence? He'll just stand there waiting rather than playing a sideways pass or what seems an obvious pass into midfield. 

Not really a criticism as it's probably a sign that someone's not doing their job somewhere in regards to Rodgers's instructions but it feels like it really slows our play down and allows the opposition to regain shape.

It can be frustrating but I think the reason for it is we are trying to get them to press us so we can play through it. Our first goal yesterday is an example of it. 

• Like 1

More noticeable when Ndidi isn't playing, Choudhury doesn't come short for the give and go pass. It's clear Rodgers wants us to play through the middle originally then spread it wide, but they'd cut off the area to play it where Choudhury was standing.

2 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

It can be frustrating but I think the reason for it is we are trying to get them to press us so we can play through it. Our first goal yesterday is an example of it. 

Good shout!

It never crossed my mind that he might be doing it for that reason. He even often adds a little frustrated hands up and shrug which could be all acting to lure the opposition on... 

4 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Exactly that. I think it's partly to encourage the opposition to press. Worked well yesterday.

28 minutes ago, Collymore said:

The reason he does this is because he’s waiting for our team to get in shape for him to make the pass. He’s an incredible player and he pulls players ahead of him around and into position either by pointing, waiting or playing a ball into where they should be. He’s a manager’s dream in that he gets what the team shape should be and he enforces it on the pitch.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Often pointing a player into a position when he’s got it, that player moves as does opposition and it then frees up a different pass! His reading of the game is one of the best I’ve seen in a leicester shirt! £3 million is a bargain! Slight concern when he went down but I think that was just an impact knock more than anything.

• Like 1