Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Things or people in sport you just love to watch

2 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

seen as we’re deep into the finals, will add aussie rules to this thread. no greater sight in sport i dont think than seeing a 6 foot 6 brick shithouse using a 6 foot 6 brick shithouse opponent’s shoulders as a stepladder to catch a ball that’s come from outer space. 

nothing is better than (real)  football but.... in terms of pure entertainment... AFL is the best

3 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

seen as we’re deep into the finals, will add aussie rules to this thread. no greater sight in sport i dont think than seeing a 6 foot 6 brick shithouse using a 6 foot 6 brick shithouse opponent’s shoulders as a stepladder to catch a ball that’s come from outer space. 

Jeremy Howe is the king.

Also, it's a shame NicNat is always injured because when he's healthy, he does exactly that, only he's 6 foot 7 lol

• 5 months later...

good time to revive this thread and remind everyone that the aussie rules is on all weekend and is AS GOOD AS EVER (with no crowd but yano). BT sport 1. 

maybe we need a "any sport that is actually still happening, and on tele, and good" for the next month or so 

Names that Rolled over in my mind,quicker than most...within a 5-18 Minute spell..!!!

Vardy...on One of his defence Breaking Runs..

Keith Weller,taking on All & Sundry,brilliant dribbler,when attacking..but also seeing him putting in a defensive tackle.

L.Glover..Ditto

F.Worthington, most skillfull no9, I have everseen

D.Gibson, Leicester midfield general..

P.Shilton..Commanding his box in the air, also on the ground hands First Not feet.Those Flying Twisting saves.

G.Banks....he was the teacher,the Master and like Yashin,was Everything of the above,though for me Shilton took it up a step..!!

Plus Clemence,Jennings.Wallington.

all had No problems,or worries,on corners..

Kante, because he came and he conquered...   The World is covered in 75% of water...N'golo  He Really did Cover the rest...!!!

Rooney in his pomp.

Di.Stefano,Puskas,Beckenbauer,Cruyf,Messi,Ronaldo,Pele,Jairzhino,Gerson,Rivelino,N.Santos, Didi, Socrates ...Just football names that Run easy off the Tongue.

Unfancied Huth & Morgan,Fuchs & Simpson  blunting the Star & quality PL strikers...After experiencing..other defensive heroes...I.King,Elliot,Cross,Sjoberg.!!

Every squad Player of 2015/16 Lifting that PL trophy...

England W.cup heroes...Just for the final...!!!

B.Moore,B.Charlton,A.Ball.....

Chirpy,chirpy cheep,cheep, ( Sally Carr). and Pans people....Peak of my youth....Guess Why!!!  Its sport innit..

serious stuff...Simon & Garfunkel, Blacksabbath,Wishbone Ash,LED Zepplin....Cooling-down

Cricket:

Illingworth,Gower,Davidson,Dudleston Higgs,Tolchard , Birkenshaw, Nixon,Carrying the Leicester foxes across their chest,and giving their Top performances.

England winning 1st T20 ,and later the One day game...

Peterson,Stokes. Set English cricket  afire

Botham,Willey....Anderson,Broad having their  Great moments..!!

The English ladies in the last 6 years..!!

Hayden,Warne,Gilchrist,Mcgrath,Lilley,Thompson,Chappel Teams.      When not cheating..!!!  Warner,Smith in Full flow..

The very fast W.Indies bowlers under C.Lloyd captaincy..V.Richards.

Jim.Clarke,Graham Hill, V.Rossi, M.Hailwood,Fogarty..

Daley Thompson, Jessica Ennis, K.m. Johnson-Thompson,C.Kluft,

Hemery, then  H.Payne..Simply they were my 2 disciplines

Wells,L.Christie, Bolt..M.Farrah..!! S.Bubka

Muhammad Ali..

Leicester Tigers..and their players..mysoul,my heart...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/03/2020 at 14:49, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

That Brazilian side from Spain 1982 

Spot on!

Chris Evert

Red Rum

Kendo Nagasaki ( trying to work who was really behind the mask)

Nadia Comaneci

Viv Richards

Michael Holding 

Dennis Lillee

Muhammed Ali

Alberto Juanterena

Steve Ovett

Jimmy Connors

Sue Barker

Carl Lewis

Jonah Lomu

Phil Bennett

Serge Blanco

Marco van Basten

Emilio Butragueno

Diego Maradona

Rui Costa

Ruud Gullit

Johann Cruyff

Karl- Heinz Rummenigge

Franco Baresi

Michel Platini

Preben Elkjaer

Alesana Tuilagi

Alex Higgins

Sergei Bubka

Olga Korbut

Sharon Davies

Heike Dreschler

Tina Lillak

Edited by 49er

• 2 weeks later...

Sure there's loads if I put my mind to it.

Messi is just a joy to behold.

But growing up having watched MJ play basketball was a phenomena I'm glad I witnessed.

Also probably not one for the masses, but because of my love of the game in the 90s, (it's wained over the years due to not having the means to watch it) but watching Penny Hardaway for the Magic in their years of close shouts at a NBA ring. He after MJ was the one I wanted to be as a kid.

9 hours ago, Bayfox said:

Sure there's loads if I put my mind to it.

Messi is just a joy to behold.

But growing up having watched MJ play basketball was a phenomena I'm glad I witnessed.

Also probably not one for the masses, but because of my love of the game in the 90s, (it's wained over the years due to not having the means to watch it) but watching Penny Hardaway for the Magic in their years of close shouts at a NBA ring. He after MJ was the one I wanted to be as a kid.

Messi, can’t believe I left him out, a fantastic player and a joy to watch, as were the Barcelona sides that had Xavi Iniesta, Puyol etc performing so highly alongside him.

Outside of football:

Mark Cavendish in his prime. If the stage was flat you knew he was either going to win or crash.

Juan Pablo Montoya. Hugely quick from the get go in F1, was one of the few drivers to ruffle Schumacher's feathers.

Asafa Powell. His sprinting technique was flawless. Such a shame he always bottled it on the biggest stages.

Juan Martin del Potro. I'm not much of a Tennis fan but I've always enjoyed watching del Potro take it to the big boys when he's fit and healthy.

Alexander Rossi. For anyone who watches Indycar, he pulls some of the most incredible and daring overtakes without somehow hitting anyone or anything.

7 hours ago, Amin said:

Outside of football:

Mark Cavendish in his prime. If the stage was flat you knew he was either going to win or crash.

Juan Pablo Montoya. Hugely quick from the get go in F1, was one of the few drivers to ruffle Schumacher's feathers.

Asafa Powell. His sprinting technique was flawless. Such a shame he always bottled it on the biggest stages.

Juan Martin del Potro. I'm not much of a Tennis fan but I've always enjoyed watching del Potro take it to the big boys when he's fit and healthy.

Alexander Rossi. For anyone who watches Indycar, he pulls some of the most incredible and daring overtakes without somehow hitting anyone or anything.

It will take something top drawer to beat this list in the hipster stakes.

• Haha 1