Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Things or people in sport you just love to watch

Federer.  He makes every part of the game look like an effortless knock about.  His one handed backhand is a thing of beauty.  I generally find tennis quite boring to watch but could watch him play all day.

Edited by Benji

3 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Good grief. 25 posts in and not one of you Philistines has mentioned Michael Jordan yet.

I got to see him play in person. We had seats in the end stands so you had to walk along the court to get to them. Bulls were doing their warmups and as I walked along the court I looked over and saw MJ. I thought "I'm on the same floor as Michael Jordan!".

Also got to see Wayne Gretzky and Mario Lemieux play.

I wish my footballer list was better, but being in Canada there's not quite that opportunity.

• Like 3

Guest MattP

Federer playing tennis, Cook batting when you knew he was going to be there all day, Frankel racing when he cruised past horses like St Nicolas Abbey.

• 1 month later...

I'm a massive fan of NRL (Australian rugby league) - fantastic sport to watch. 

I've been watching a lot of the Canberra Raiders as they have four English lads doing really well for them which is unusual as generally English players struggle to make the grade over there.

Edited by Paddy.

As a kid there was always something so special about Brazil having their first game in a World Cup as if it was the proper start of everything (up until 2010 when they became a horrid shit side under Dunga). 

Ronaldo was a huge part of that, and even as a kid I remember loving him scoring in 2002 after injuries, and breaking records in 2006. It always felt like everybody wanted him to do it. 

He and Batistuta were probably my favourite ever non City footballers.

Edited by Langston
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

seen as we’re deep into the finals, will add aussie rules to this thread. no greater sight in sport i dont think than seeing a 6 foot 6 brick shithouse using a 6 foot 6 brick shithouse opponent’s shoulders as a stepladder to catch a ball that’s come from outer space. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

seen as we’re deep into the finals, will add aussie rules to this thread. no greater sight in sport i dont think than seeing a 6 foot 6 brick shithouse using a 6 foot 6 brick shithouse opponent’s shoulders as a stepladder to catch a ball that’s come from outer space. 

Currently watching with my family of nervous Richmond fans. 

3 minutes ago, pds said:

Currently watching with my family of nervous Richmond fans. 

dusty’s got this. dusty’s always got this. 

5 mins in and it’s ablett 1-1 martin. god this could be sensational. 

Edited by ScouseFox
  • Like 1