Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Wolves Post Match 0-0

I don't see Wolves as a defensive or negative side, I honestly think that they were tired after their travels.  If they hadn't played on Thursday I think we would have seen a different game.  I think that it is the travel rather than the match that takes it out of teams in the Europa League.

It was disappointing for us as they were there for the taking but we didn't have the quality to get past a massed defence.

• Like 4

It is fair to say that we dominated the game almost entirely, and yet Wolves should have won in my opinion.  They set up well, we’re incredibly tough to break down, had a few good chances and had a goal harshly ruled out by VAR. essentially we got lucky and walked away with a point. There was really no part of the game where I thought we’re going to blow these feckers away. 

Possession is ok, but I recall us laughing endlessly at Spurs fans going on about possession some years ago. It genuinely means nothing if you don’t do something with it. That is what we need to iron out. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The Wolves arse licking is nauseating 

Cocky b@stards !  as are some of their fans ...    (except @The Bear of course !) ...   one particularly cocky dick bet me they would win ...   I immediately took the bet cus I would then have the draw as well as a Leicester win.    I won of course and when I get the money its being framed and stuck on the wall for when the arrogant old shuffler comes round my house again ! ...  :)   KERCHING !!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, murphy said:

It was disappointing for us as they were there for the taking but we didn't have the quality to get past a massed defence.

Thats why BR wanted the 'winger with goals' that we didn't get ...    and the game made that quite clear.

If we can fill that gap and Caglar improves and brings the ball out more it will really help us and add to our goals scored ...   imo.

30 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Cocky b@stards !  as are some of their fans ...    (except @The Bear of course !) ...   one particularly cocky dick bet me they would win ...   I immediately took the bet cus I would then have the draw as well as a Leicester win.    I won of course and when I get the money its being framed and stuck on the wall for when the arrogant old shuffler comes round my house again ! ...  :)   KERCHING !!

You have them in the house ??????

Haven't you got a shed or something or maybe tie them up outside?

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, murphy said:

Don't you take them round the tradesman's entrance?  

I actually told our game keeper to shoot the blighter if he so much as drives past. 

Looked a bit unsure until I told him he could use the Purdey with deer slugs. Then he perked up a bit. 

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I noticed you had Ajer there at the weekend? I know he scored, but that's not ideal is it, especially given how dominant he is as a CB.

Yup, it’s a shambles and tonight was a culmination of that shambles. 

No succession planning for players we know are going to leave. Selling players for big money but not reinvesting said money. Not to mention the appointment of the manager when you compare him to Rodgers its like swapping a Ferrari for a Dacia.

Change needs to happen at the top at my club and soon.

8 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Yup, it’s a shambles and tonight was a culmination of that shambles. 

No succession planning for players we know are going to leave. Selling players for big money but not reinvesting said money. Not to mention the appointment of the manager when you compare him to Rodgers its like swapping a Ferrari for a Dacia.

Change needs to happen at the top at my club and soon.

Yeah you're at a real crossroads, heaven forbid Rangers push you even closer for the title this year and it's potentially going to be the first taste or prolonged disappointment you'll have experienced in many many years. In some ways though a return of a real ding dong between you two will make the interest in the SPL a little stronger again which in itself might bring added investment that you evidently need. There's no excuses for last night though, making it to the CL group stages and the revenue that comes with that really should be something you achieve without too much trouble and the fact you haven't done 2 seasons on the spin now is poor and more harmful to you than selling Dembele and Tierney when it comes to being able to improve the team.

On a different note, is Ryan Christie good enough to make the step to the Prem? I've watched a bit of him in the last 6-9 months and he looks very impressive, got that left footed right winger type swagger about him.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah you're at a real crossroads, heaven forbid Rangers push you even closer for the title this year and it's potentially going to be the first taste or prolonged disappointment you'll have experienced in many many years. In some ways though a return of a real ding dong between you two will make the interest in the SPL a little stronger again which in itself might bring added investment that you evidently need. There's no excuses for last night though, making it to the CL group stages and the revenue that comes with that really should be something you achieve without too much trouble and the fact you haven't done 2 seasons on the spin now is poor and more harmful to you than selling Dembele and Tierney when it comes to being able to improve the team.

On a different note, is Ryan Christie good enough to make the step to the Prem? I've watched a bit of him in the last 6-9 months and he looks very impressive, got that left footed right winger type swagger about him.

Yeah that’s pretty much it in a nutshell. 

Christie has developed into a fantastic player. I think right now may be a little bit too soon for the EPL but if he continues developing and showing his early season form form for the rest of the season then he, along with Ajer will be the next two to make big money moves to the EPL.

• Like 1

Just not good enough to meet the expectations of this forum...I fear the worst for Chelsea away, and that would put us 5 points behind last years haul for these 2 matches. Can only hope that Sunday was an off day for many of our starting 11.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

Just not good enough to meet the expectations of this forum...I fear the worst for Chelsea away, and that would put us 5 points behind last years haul for these 2 matches. Can only hope that Sunday was an off day for many of our starting 11.

On Sunday two evenly-matched teams nullified each other tactically. It's frustrating to watch, but it happens sometimes. This Sunday will be a very different kind of game.

• Like 3

BR must quickly realize this isn't Celtic playing in a league against third and forth rate opposition. The P/L is unforgiving and there are no easy matches.

Posted the below on the match ratings thread, but thought I'd add it on the post match thread too.

Didn't watch the match live as I was at a family event, but I watched the whole match last night. 

If this is how we are going to play, I can't see any reason we sacked Puel. No point in 70% slow possession with only one shot all match in the 80th odd minute. No width and a huge mistake from Rodgers not to play a wide man. Or if he wants to use Ricardo & Chilwell as wing backs he should go for a back three. Couldn't see much point in playing both N'Didi or Choudhury either. Puel was crucified often on here for using two defensive midfielders and if this team had played under Puel and got this result he would have had an approval rating of 10%!

Only consolation is we didn't lose (only due to a lucky VAR decision) and we (hopefully) will improve a lot, and quickly.

Wolves looked sluggish and having had a very long trip in midweek I was really disappointed with our tempo of not really getting at them from the beginning. They actually looked stronger than us as the match wore on, which concerned me as it should have been the other way around.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThaiFox said:

BR must quickly realize this isn't Celtic playing in a league against third and forth rate opposition. The P/L is unforgiving and there are no easy matches.

You do realise he has managed in the premiership before, a little known team called Liverpool, I'm sure he realises what the premiership is all about.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

You do realise he has managed in the premiership before, a little known team called Liverpool, I'm sure he realises what the premiership is all about.

Of course, and I know he was manager of Swansea who he did well with, before he ditched them for Liverpool.

However, that was a few years back with a very strong team, and since those days he's been away, managing in a tin pot, piss poor, Scottish league with no real opposition or pressure.

I hope that hasn't softened BR too much, which was the point of my comment.

Time (as always) will tell. But however we look at it, there's no getting away from the fact that was a poor managerial and tactical performance by BR last Sunday. Poor old Puel would have been slaughtered on here with that performance if he was still in charge.

• Like 2

The style of play on Saturday was not unlike Rodgers' first game in charge v Watford. The majority of possession but for no real purpose, although on that day we had more shots on target. I am not convinced with Schmeicel passing ball out a short distance- it often ends in City facing unnecessary pressure close to our goal. He's better when he directs a drop-kick to aplayer in an attacking position, or a similar throw

Anyone got a video of that tackle Vardy made near the corner flag? 

I reckon in home games during 13/14 He must have done a big tackle like that on a full back every other game & they always sh1t it and didn’t want the ball afterwards... genuinely one of my favourite things to watch 

• Like 2