Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

The VAR thread

What are your thoughts on VAR?  

679 members have voted

1. 1. What are your thoughts on VAR?

• Love it, all for it, fantastic introduction to football
    • Hate it, games gone
    • Somewhere in between

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/20 at 19:00

1 hour ago, orangecity23 said:

Obviously it's not a red as Aaron Cresswell hasn't pushed him over first. We are clamping down on people who have been fouled and are falling over, not clamping down on 90 million pound Man Utd players intentionally going for leg breaking tackles.

100% Perez has been knocked off balance and has gone into him. I knew he would be sent off as soon as I saw the replay.

Pogba had an awful first touch and went into a tackle over the ball, studs showing and not in control. Both Fournels and Neves are lucky not to have been badly injured.

Perez was punished but Pogba has got away with a red and Man U goals stood. Questions have to be raised why this has happened.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

100% Perez has been knocked off balance and has gone into him. I knew he would be sent off as soon as I saw the replay.

Pogba had an awful first touch and went into a tackle over the ball, studs showing and not in control. Both Fournels and Neves are lucky not to have been badly injured.

Perez was punished but Pogba has got away with a red and Man U goals stood. Questions have to be raised why this has happened.

Because pogba made almost no contact with neves whereas Perez almost broke fornals leg in two ……… had ayo just flicked across fornals shin then there would have been no review - I’m afraid it is often about the outcome …..otherwise you’d be stopping the game for every aggressive challenge to have a second look …….

20 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Because pogba made almost no contact with neves whereas Perez almost broke fornals leg in two ……… had ayo just flicked across fornals shin then there would have been no review - I’m afraid it is often about the outcome …..otherwise you’d be stopping the game for every aggressive challenge to have a second look …….

So why was Xhaka sent off? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

That is almost identical to the Perez red, how is that not a red?

It’s not though is it, he’s hardly touched him. It should be given as a foul and the Perez one is unfortunate but they’re not the same.

People also have to remember that the conversation between ref and VAR partly determines what happens. That’s why it would be useful to hear the conversations. Entirely possible that Mike Dean said he saw some contact but didn’t deem it sufficient and so the VAR doesn’t intervene because the ref has accurately described what the video shows and given his decision. With Perez, Michael Oliver may have said he didn’t see anything and his description is inaccurate when reviewed against the video.

I’d love the know what the reasoning was for Norwich’s penalty cos there’s just absolutely no way that it should have been referred by VAR based on this year’s lighter touch.

Edited by Kopfkino
  • Like 1

Yeez, are we really going full AFTV conspiracy here... The Pogba and Perez incidents just show how football really is a fine margins sport. One has no intent what so ever and accidentally stamps on another player, thats so unlucky but a red card. Another goes full pelt for the ball with full intent and just barely skims the socks of another player, no feekick as there was barely any contact. That is just this fantastic sport in a nutshell.

And yeah I am just as annoyed as everybody about that jammy Man Utd win.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Two footed, both feet off the ground and completely out of control 

Plus he made a lot more contact with cancelo than pogba did with neves ….

He didn't actually make any contact with Cancelo lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Almost no contact? So how did it spin Neves’ shin pad round to the other side of his leg and leave a visible gouge in his shin then? 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Two footed, both feet off the ground and completely out of control 

Plus he made a lot more contact with cancelo than pogba did with neves ….

He didn’t, he barely made any contact with Cancelo, less than Pogba’s. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Why didn’t VAR even look at the Dan James foul on Trincao yesterday? Absolute stonewall pen yet of course they give the one against Soyuncu. So corrupt it’s a complete joke.

Not even a mention on motd also?? Very strange

4 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

That is almost identical to the Perez red, how is that not a red?

I thought that, double standards and we just have to accept it, mind its not a bad thing losing Perez. I’m pretty sure the powers that be are fixing the league through the use of var, how many times do we hear the clear and obvious mistake by the ref mantra when the ref if clearly and obviously watching the incident. And how can a ref go to a screen and not watch an incident in real-time without any context in a foul, such as Perez’s, which seemed to me a follow on from a push with his momentum and trying to stay on his feet created the foul, if Perez had been a bit cuter, he would have dived and got the free kick himself.

Edited by yorkie1999

19 hours ago, Phube said:

Well well well… 

Man U benefit again from VAR. 

It seems the big clubs may just be the beneficiary of this new hands off VAR approach! :(

Man U will benefit whichever way VAR is goes... If they cannot win by themselves - The FA will certainly do it for them :(

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

These tackles do get looked at but for some reason Riley was asked to take a look and he refused to. I’m all up for good tackles but even Pogba said himself in interview if he caught him it was a red card. You did catch him lad and look no red card. It was a reckless lunge and about an inch away from possibly snapping that guys leg.

The big clubs get away with things but when it’s something as blatant as this it’s not fair. Pogba, Man U’s standout player so far this season, should have seen red and banned for a few games. Man U have got away with a massive one here.

• Like 1

VAR doesn’t eradicate the big club bias, it only accentuates it, because even with the benefit of VAR they still tie themselves in knots to favour the big clubs. 

Remember when Maguire kicked that Chelsea player in the balls? Replays were emphatically conclusive. Nothing given. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Of course we had OGS putting pressure on the officials last week ..

Like Klopp.

Oh Yea he was moaning about the tackle on Fernandes wasn’t he 😂😂😂

Elf faced freak! Complete denial and walking contradiction that bloke.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

I thought that, double standards and we just have to accept it, mind its not a bad thing losing Perez. I’m pretty sure the powers that be are fixing the league through the use of var, how many times do we hear the clear and obvious mistake by the ref mantra when the ref if clearly and obviously watching the incident. And how can a ref go to a screen and not watch an incident in real-time without any context in a foul, such as Perez’s, which seemed to me a follow on from a push with his momentum and trying to stay on his feet created the foul, if Perez had been a bit cuter, he would have dived and got the free kick himself.

And all the refs are in on it and Angels and Demons mak u think

• Haha 1