Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
That_Dude

Ayoze Pérez

I do not understand how he generates any kind of appreciation from my fellow fans. If I were involved in making first team playing decisions, he would be gone ASAP.  I couldn't tell you what his position or positions are. I do not see how he positively effects any game. 

Does he score?

Does he create?

Does he graft?

Does he defend?

Does he create positive transition?

Does he effectively press? 

For me, I am clueless as to what he does, for those who believe he is a valuable part of the first team squad, please explain!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

I do not understand how he generates any kind of appreciation from my fellow fans. If I were involved in making first team playing decisions, he would be gone ASAP.  I couldn't tell you what his position or positions are. I do not see how he positively effects any game. 

Does he score?

Does he create?

Does he graft?

Does he defend?

Does he create positive transition?

Does he effectively press? 

For me, I am clueless as to what he does, for those who believe he is a valuable part of the first team squad, please explain!

Offers nothing but has Rodgers on his side, which is all that matters.

• Like 1

He wasn’t fantastic last night, however I don’t think he was awful. Fact of the matter is he is an average premier league player that goes in streaky patches of form. When he’s in his better form ( as he has been the last few games) he has been better than Maddison as he hasn’t been good recently so deserved to start.

He does always appear to try his best and realistically that’s all you can ask of a player. 

• Like 2

Question to ask - 

If he wanted to sell him this summer even  for a cut  price would any of our rivals be interested (or top 10?...) I don’t think Leeds or Aston Villa would want... maybe back to Newcastle? 

Edited by SHANE_

The only positive I can think of starting him over Maddison is his running off the ball both offensively and defensively. Maddison like Iheanacho likes to come deep and collect the ball, Perez will at least run in behind and try and stretch the opposition defence, but yeah when does get the ball in dangerous areas is often hopeless, so yep start Maddison on Sat 👍

12 minutes ago, escape2victory said:

The only positive I can think of starting him over Maddison is his running off the ball both offensively and defensively. Maddison like Iheanacho likes to come deep and collect the ball, Perez will at least run in behind and try and stretch the opposition defence, but yeah when does get the ball in dangerous areas is often hopeless, so yep start Maddison on Sat 👍

I feel that Maddison tends to slow the game down. Could almost call him ponderous. This approach doesn't help Vardy and counter attacks . Perez on the other hand usually releases the ball very quickly which is more useful in these situations. He also presses more aggressively. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

As I said in my earlier post, I agree he needs to increase his goal contribution. But again it’s the wrong comparison, Slimani was in the team to score goals and little else. We clearly have never used Perez as our main goal outlet. But there are more important things than stats. Slimani sounded like a bad apple on all accounts, Ayo is hosting parties for the boyz.

I don’t really get the mentality of some people that after one of the most important wins of the season our first reaction is to come and score points against some of the lesser players in our squad. We all know Perez isn’t a world beater, but he’s played a useful squad role at times over the past couple of seasons. That’s enough for me. If you guys want to carry on with your takedown then go ahead

He's had so many opportunities now in varying positions and very rarely have I seen this 'useful role' you refer to personally. I can't see therefore that he's even worth a place on the bench and is merely blocking it for someone like Tavares or Leshabela. Both, if played, would be inexperienced and make the odd mistake but Perez for all his experience gives the ball away regularly. Therefore, for the very rare positives Perez brings to the party, are we not better in trying to evaluate these two young prospects who would be busting a gut to prove themselves. They won't get better without games whereas we know Perez hasn't got better with games. Some might point out that in the situation we find ourselves in we need experience but, in Perez's case, experience of what exactly?

• Like 2

Just now, enmac said:

I feel that Maddison tends to slow the game down. Could almost call him ponderous. This approach doesn't help Vardy and counter attacks . Perez on the other hand usually releases the ball very quickly which is more useful in these situations. He also presses more aggressively. 

Strangely enough, aggression is a word I find hard to associate with Perez. Also, it indeed can be handy on occasions to release the ball quickly but better usually if it ends up with one of your own players and not those of the opposition 😁

• Like 1

He's a baller but one that runs in to trouble and is persistently stripped or knocked off the ball and it's frustrating. The occasions he holds on to it and it stays with him, he's capable of a bit of final third magic but we are just not seeing it enough in a formation with less of our players around him and more of the oppositions as forward outlets are down basically to to two in front of him.

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

With everyone fit and on top of their game, Perez doesn't start for us.

But he gets way too much abuse on here.

Rodgers sees something in his all round game he likes and I think he's a pretty decent judge of player.

Criticism is not abuse.

I've run out of ways to say how impotent I think he is, but I vividly remember that Toon fan that came on here and said that for £30m he would carry Perez on his back crawling on his hands and knees all the way from Newcastle.  Is that abuse?  I dunno, but it's not just us.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Tommy G said:

Needs to put on a stone 

Ayoze's weight is given as 72kg.  N'Golo Kante for example - 70kg.  Hamza Choudhury - 64kg.

It's the size of the fight in the dog, not the size of the dog in the fight.

• Like 2

On 12/05/2021 at 09:27, Les-TA-Jon said:

Does he even work that hard off the ball? Most of the time he just tracks back and concedes a foul or gets out muscled and doesn't make a defensive contribution

I think he tries hard enough. I just think he lacks any real quality. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, murphy said:

Criticism is not abuse.

I've run out of ways to say how impotent I think he is, but I vividly remember that Toon fan that came on here and said that for £30m he would carry Perez on his back crawling on his hands and knees all the way from Newcastle.  Is that abuse?  I dunno, but it's not just us.

People still forget he played alongside man-mountain Rondon at Newcastle , he didn't need to be physical. Give him some room and he can deliver.

19 hours ago, murphy said:

Ayoze's weight is given as 72kg.  N'Golo Kante for example - 70kg.  Hamza Choudhury - 64kg.

It's the size of the fight in the dog, not the size of the dog in the fight.

He just looks slight, and gets pushed off the ball so easily. Hamza doesnt or Kante, both are much more muscular. Either way he needs to bulk up, I didnt go into finding out specific weights of current and ex players. Hes likely taller than them both FYI

Edited by Tommy G

Page 116... :blink:

Can we just stop trying to convince ourselves that he actually brings much benefit to the team, accept that he does not have the skills, work rate, commitment that are required to be a player in a team, looking to qualify in European competition every season, and admit that although not his responsibility £30 million, was paying way over the odds for a player who, is at best, a poor premier league player in a team about to qualify for the Champions League.

Thank you :cool:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

He just looks slight, and gets pushed off the ball so easily. Hamza doesnt or Kante, both are much more muscular. Either way he needs to bulk up, I didnt go into finding out specific weights of current and ex players. Hes likely taller than them both FYI

It only takes a second with google. 

He does get brushed off the ball easily, but you can't blame his weight (He's 1cm taller than Hamza, more than 2 stone heavier), there are lots of slightly built players that have bite and strength going back to Nobby Stiles.  My point is that it's not down to his physical attributes, he needs to show more tenacity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kilworthfox said:

Page 116... :blink:

Can we just stop trying to convince ourselves that he actually brings much benefit to the team, accept that he does not have the skills, work rate, commitment that are required to be a player in a team, looking to qualify in European competition every season, and admit that although not his responsibility £30 million, was paying way over the odds for a player who, is at best, a poor premier league player in a team about to qualify for the Champions League.

Thank you :cool:

I agree.  I don't like the way players are scapegoated on here; I think you have expressed an opinion strongly without attacking the player personally.  

I think he tries for us.  It is just that of players who play regularly, he offers less than anyone else.  I really hope that when the teams are announced on Saturday, he is not in the starting 11.  

2 minutes ago, majaco said:

I agree.  I don't like the way players are scapegoated on here; I think you have expressed an opinion strongly without attacking the player personally.  

I think he tries for us.  It is just that of players who play regularly, he offers less than anyone else.  I really hope that when the teams are announced on Saturday, he is not in the starting 11.  

I've no axe to grind with any player, I just say what I have seen on the pitch. I am happy to bring out some stats if anyone wants to claim he is valuable.

I want the club to be the best, that requires best in class, and Perez falls short of that to a greater degree than I am willing to accept. I cant abide mediocrity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, murphy said:

It only takes a second with google. 

He does get brushed off the ball easily, but you can't blame his weight (He's 1cm taller than Hamza, more than 2 stone heavier), there are lots of slightly built players that have bite and strength going back to Nobby Stiles.  My point is that it's not down to his physical attributes, he needs to show more tenacity.

A pair of b......s wouldn't hurt either!