Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Chelsea (A) Match Thread

Not quite sure why people are so wound up about what they perceive to be a "negative" or "defensive" set-up.

It's pretty much the same lineup that we fielded against Wolverhampton. Chilwell out injured, so Fuchs the logical replacement.

We've seen last weekend that we do play well, my question is whether we can finally manage to get closer to the opposing goal, and that more often.

Starting attacks from midfield will be key today, including breaking up Chelsea attacks early on.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

2 DM... Not really surprising and Chilly must be injured. Fuchs end product in the last third is better than Chilwell's anyway but defensively, him+Maddison against Pedro and Emerson? I don't know...

Rodgers is taking no risk and I can understand it, but we certainly lack width and pace on the wings (bar Ricardo).

Edit: No Silva, Ghezzal and Gray again. I guess we know who's deemed surplus to requirements.

Emerson doesn’t play on the right. 

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Not quite sure why people are so wound up about what they perceive to be a "negative" or "defensive" set-up.

It's pretty much the same lineup that we fielded against Wolverhampton. Chilwell out injured, so Fuchs the logical replacement.

We've seen last weekend that we do play well, my question is whether we can finally manage to get closer to the opposing goal, and that more often.

Starting attacks from midfield will be key today, including breaking up Chelsea attacks early on.

People have concerns about the lack of width and pace, I think. Chelsea are very fast on the wings and what we lined-up to counter it seems a bit lightweight imo.

Think it could be a diamond. 

Sch 

Per.       Evan.         Souy.       Fuch

Ndid

Tiele.              Chou

Madds

Per.             Var

Quite a bit of negativity about the lineup so I'm interested to know what Line Up we should be putting out today, away from home against a Champions League side?

Ok, 2 defensive Midfielders but we 2 attacking full backs, 2 Creative Midfielders and 2 forwards.

The reality is, pressure is on Lampard and Chelsea today to play well and win; so as long as we're disciplined and make ourselves a nuisance when they have the ball, we'll do well. Plenty of dangerous players in our 11 today, when we have the ball.

Anyway, I don't know what I'm talking about, so I'll stop pretending. :)