Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Beechey

Chelsea (A) Match Thread

Just now, Vacamion said:

Has anyone considered that a minor hip injury might be why Chilwell was out of sorts last week? 

He was injured during preseason too wasn’t he? Maybe all connected and he’s struggled to shake it off. Fuchs is a more than capable replacement anyway - so pleased he stayed on for the year. 

No Gray in the squad again, looks like his time here could be numbered. 

Regarding a defensive outlook - didn’t we play Mendy, Ndidi and Choudhury here last season and still won? If anything this is more attacking as it’s one CDM less.

Last Sunday we controlled the game against Wolves. It might be boring but I reckon Rodgers would happily take a 0-0 today. I expect we will be trying to nullify Chelsea and hit them on the break, a tactic that has worked pretty decently for the Foxes since returning to the Premier League. 

• Like 2

2 DM... Not really surprising and Chilly must be injured. Fuchs end product in the last third is better than Chilwell's anyway but defensively, him+Maddison against Pedro and Emerson? I don't know...

Rodgers is taking no risk and I can understand it, but we certainly lack width and pace on the wings (bar Ricardo).

Edit: No Silva, Ghezzal and Gray again. I guess we know who's deemed surplus to requirements.

Edited by That_Dude

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

No Gray in the squad again, looks like his time here could be numbered. 

Regarding a defensive outlook - didn’t we play Mendy, Ndidi and Choudhury here last season and still won? If anything this is more attacking as it’s one CDM less.

Last Sunday we controlled the game against Wolves. It might be boring but I reckon Rodgers would happily take a 0-0 today. I expect we will be trying to nullify Chelsea and hit them on the break, a tactic that has worked pretty decently for the Foxes since returning to the Premier League. 

Can't see a 0-0 with their centreback pairing. We should have a goal or two today. That said, they could also score.