Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Rodgers Reputation

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

most of the fans around me today didn’t seem keen on the ‘Rodgers way’ first half ....

In fairness it could be argued that our first two games against Wolves and Chelsea we were not quite set up right.

However both times he’s adjusted it at half time and brought the right players on at the right time and it could be argued we had the chances to win both games so credit where credit is due.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Thats because last week and the first half today were horrendous 

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

In fairness it could be argued that our first two games against Wolves and Chelsea we were not quite set up right.

However both times he’s adjusted it at half time and brought the right players on at the right time and it could be argued we had the chances to win both games so credit where credit is due.

Moaning that we weren’t making aimless forward punts and keeping ‘safe’ possession instead ..... moving the opposition around will generally pay off later in games as they tire as a consequence..... it’s a little tough to watch when we are behind but you have to keep your nerve ......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's the reputation he has with us that matters. There's plenty on his cv that suggests he can make the team better but as we know if he doesn't click with the squad his reputation/experience will count for very little. I think he's at a good age where he can still connect with the players in terms of how he communicates his ideas and he's got a hell of a lot of coaching experience to bring with it. I think we've found a fit. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Moaning that we weren’t making aimless forward punts and keeping ‘safe’ possession instead ..... moving the opposition around will generally pay off later in games as they tire as a consequence..... it’s a little tough to watch when we are behind but you have to keep your nerve ......

i wasn’t morning about anything... besides, there was an instant change today against chelsea, straight after half time when chelsea had just had 15 minutes rest so no way can you account that to them being tired because we had been passing it around. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KingsX said:

1   If you find this thread boring, go to any Celtic forum and search “Rodgers Reputation”.

If you're looking for negativity you can find that anywhere you look. Your choice. Celtic, Liverpool, Swansea whatever. I've heard it all.

My wish is that I could find knowledge about the game and the way it is played so that I could understand more of why managers and players make the decisions that they do. Then I realize that I'm reading a football forum in 2019. :frusty:

14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

And if other teams tire,by the same logic,so do we...Chasing,or holding are both tiring,or one team finds a 2nd or even 3rd breath.

This is the PL...Teams like Chelsea/Wolves don't tire!! 

I haven't put any expectancy on " MY" team,there are no should win games,or mitigating circumstances where we must be better..60 yrs experience does that,and history is the proof in the pudding.

Much of the negative vibes,are born and carried on the waves of quite silly frustrating expectancies,which until now we haven't yet reached or earnt with any level of high game consistency in our whole history...We have just slowly built up our platform & potential,just to compete at that high competitive consistent level,we are just in that better position to try ..no more,no less..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Can it be Rodgers or have we got to accept the players role in the shit starts.

Wether it be Claudio second season, Shakespeare, puel, and now Rodgers, this team, which the core is still around is a half a game team, consistently inconsistent.

Hate to say it, vardy looks out of sorts, Perez looks like he doesn’t know his role, nididi looks like he needs a rest, as getting caught on the ball is out of character, losing and winning it back yes, but not losing it, Fuchs is done, albrighton poor, youri not firing, and so on, no excuses these players should be ready.

I still think we will have a good season, but hopefully they don’t start playing after another manager is sacked, and we leave it to late to get into Europe 

I like how he took on the responsibility as manager to accept the fault as his and relieve the pressure from Wilf.

Not sure Puel would have done the same, as the head of the team, to be the one that accepts the failings and to improve on them. 

Unfortunately our fans (and other clubs), will always think we are better than we actually are. Because of this its easy to think the manager has made mistakes when the squad isnt playing well, our team is so young that its guaranteed to blow hot and cold this year, we will have games where we look class, then we will have games where we drop points against a lesser side. Personally, Ive prepared myself for this. Rodgers will be judged on how we improve over the course of the season, but we need to be patient even if we do have some bad spells. 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Unfortunately our fans (and other clubs), will always think we are better than we actually are. Because of this its easy to think the manager has made mistakes when the squad isnt playing well, our team is so young that its guaranteed to blow hot and cold this year, we will have games where we look class, then we will have games where we drop points against a lesser side. Personally, Ive prepared myself for this. Rodgers will be judged on how we improve over the course of the season, but we need to be patient even if we do have some bad spells. 

Two draws against clubs that finished above us last season. It's the end of the world! :D

• 10 months later...
Guest An Sionnach
On 19/08/2019 at 14:34, Monsell1976 said:

Can it be Rodgers or have we got to accept the players role in the shit starts.

Wether it be Claudio second season, Shakespeare, puel, and now Rodgers, this team, which the core is still around is a half a game team, consistently inconsistent.

Hate to say it, vardy looks out of sorts, Perez looks like he doesn’t know his role, nididi looks like he needs a rest, as getting caught on the ball is out of character, losing and winning it back yes, but not losing it, Fuchs is done, albrighton poor, youri not firing, and so on, no excuses these players should be ready.

I still think we will have a good season, but hopefully they don’t start playing after another manager is sacked, and we leave it to late to get into Europe 

Bloody hell this was posted in August. Rodgers is looking just a little fearful at the moment , poor starts and good finishes are much more satisfactory than the opposite.

I was thinking this to myself during the game yesterday. He talks a very good game, he’s one of the media’s darlings, but how he watched that game yesterday and didn’t feel the need to make a substitution before 70 minutes genuinely worries me, in fact the team selection overall did! 

Edited by Ross 'LCFC' Turner
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, Ross 'LCFC' Turner said:

I was thinking this to myself during the game yesterday. He talks a very good game, he’s one of the media’s darlings, but how he watched that game yesterday and didn’t feel the need to make a substitution before 70 minutes genuinely worries me, in fact the team selection overall did! 

I totally agree. I can’t think of a single time that Maddison wide has worked. Not once, even after he’s tried it maybe 25/30 times.

Whatever else he’s doing right, that blind spot makes me fearful. It’s a sign that he just isn’t watching the same game as me, and trying round pegs in square holes. At the same time, we have two DMs and Harvey Barnes getting cramp in his arse...

Tactically he's poor but he's a media darling. Watching him when things aren't going right and it's clear he doesn't really know what to do. He's not one of these managers who you expect to change things up well at half time when it needs doing. Thankfully we have the players to see this season out and finish top 4.

It'll be interesting to see if Top acts if we get knocked out of the cup and drop down to 6th. Actually it won't be interesting and I hope we never see it.

Guest An Sionnach
8 minutes ago, FIF said:

Tactically he's poor but he's a media darling. Watching him when things aren't going right and it's clear he doesn't really know what to do. He's not one of these managers who you expect to change things up well at half time when it needs doing. Thankfully we have the players to see this season out and finish top 4.

It'll be interesting to see if Top acts if we get knocked out of the cup and drop down to 6th. Actually it won't be interesting and I hope we never see it.

Remember Bren is an Ulsterman and they can be be very rigid and unchanging in their views.