Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stevosevic

Rodgers Reputation

Recommended Posts

I think it's great how often ex players and pundits say what a great coach Brendan is since he was appointed manager.

 

It happened again today with Ashley Cole. He's really respected by top players he has worked with, players talk and that message spreads. 

 

It fills me with confidence that we're going to have a good season.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

most of the fans around me today didn’t seem keen on the ‘Rodgers way’ first half ....

Thats because last week and the first half today were horrendous 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

most of the fans around me today didn’t seem keen on the ‘Rodgers way’ first half ....

 

 

In fairness it could be argued that our first two games against Wolves and Chelsea we were not quite set up right.

 

However both times he’s adjusted it at half time and brought the right players on at the right time and it could be argued we had the chances to win both games so credit where credit is due.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Thats because last week and the first half today were horrendous 

 

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

 

In fairness it could be argued that our first two games against Wolves and Chelsea we were not quite set up right.

 

However both times he’s adjusted it at half time and brought the right players on at the right time and it could be argued we had the chances to win both games so credit where credit is due.

Moaning that we weren’t making aimless forward punts and keeping ‘safe’ possession instead ..... moving the opposition around will generally pay off later in games as they tire as a consequence..... it’s a little tough to watch when we are behind but you have to keep your nerve ......

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's the reputation he has with us that matters. There's plenty on his cv that suggests he can make the team better but as we know if he doesn't click with the squad his reputation/experience will count for very little. I think he's at a good age where he can still connect with the players in terms of how he communicates his ideas and he's got a hell of a lot of coaching experience to bring with it. I think we've found a fit. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My god the stuff we were playing in the second half definitely should have converted a few over to his way of thinking. Watching us dominate against a skilful, tough team like Chelsea is joyous to watch and we'll only get better. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

 

Moaning that we weren’t making aimless forward punts and keeping ‘safe’ possession instead ..... moving the opposition around will generally pay off later in games as they tire as a consequence..... it’s a little tough to watch when we are behind but you have to keep your nerve ......

 

 

i wasn’t morning about anything... besides, there was an instant change today against chelsea, straight after half time when chelsea had just had 15 minutes rest so no way can you account that to them being tired because we had been passing it around. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1   If you find this thread boring, go to any Celtic forum and search “Rodgers Reputation”.

 

 

Edited by KingsX
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KingsX said:

1   If you find this thread boring, go to any Celtic forum and search “Rodgers Reputation”.

 

 

If you're looking for negativity you can find that anywhere you look. Your choice. Celtic, Liverpool, Swansea whatever. I've heard it all.

My wish is that I could find knowledge about the game and the way it is played so that I could understand more of why managers and players make the decisions that they do. Then I realize that I'm reading a football forum in 2019. :frusty:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, st albans fox said:

 

Moaning that we weren’t making aimless forward punts and keeping ‘safe’ possession instead ..... moving the opposition around will generally pay off later in games as they tire as a consequence..... it’s a little tough to watch when we are behind but you have to keep your nerve ......

And if other teams tire,by the same logic,so do we...Chasing,or holding are both tiring,or one team finds a 2nd or even 3rd breath.

This is the PL...Teams like Chelsea/Wolves don't tire!! 

I haven't put any expectancy on " MY" team,there are no should win games,or mitigating circumstances where we must be better..60 yrs experience does that,and history is the proof in the pudding.

 

Much of the negative vibes,are born and carried on the waves of quite silly frustrating expectancies,which until now we haven't yet reached or earnt with any level of high game consistency in our whole history...We have just slowly built up our platform & potential,just to compete at that high competitive consistent level,we are just in that better position to try ..no more,no less..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can it be Rodgers or have we got to accept the players role in the shit starts.

 Wether it be Claudio second season, Shakespeare, puel, and now Rodgers, this team, which the core is still around is a half a game team, consistently inconsistent.

 Hate to say it, vardy looks out of sorts, Perez looks like he doesn’t know his role, nididi looks like he needs a rest, as getting caught on the ball is out of character, losing and winning it back yes, but not losing it, Fuchs is done, albrighton poor, youri not firing, and so on, no excuses these players should be ready.

 I still think we will have a good season, but hopefully they don’t start playing after another manager is sacked, and we leave it to late to get into Europe 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how he took on the responsibility as manager to accept the fault as his and relieve the pressure from Wilf.

Not sure Puel would have done the same, as the head of the team, to be the one that accepts the failings and to improve on them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately our fans (and other clubs), will always think we are better than we actually are. Because of this its easy to think the manager has made mistakes when the squad isnt playing well, our team is so young that its guaranteed to blow hot and cold this year, we will have games where we look class, then we will have games where we drop points against a lesser side. Personally, Ive prepared myself for this. Rodgers will be judged on how we improve over the course of the season, but we need to be patient even if we do have some bad spells. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Unfortunately our fans (and other clubs), will always think we are better than we actually are. Because of this its easy to think the manager has made mistakes when the squad isnt playing well, our team is so young that its guaranteed to blow hot and cold this year, we will have games where we look class, then we will have games where we drop points against a lesser side. Personally, Ive prepared myself for this. Rodgers will be judged on how we improve over the course of the season, but we need to be patient even if we do have some bad spells. 

Two draws against clubs that finished above us last season. It's the end of the world! :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Two draws against clubs that finished above us last season. It's the end of the world! :D

It could be argued that we got 4 more points under Puel  but for entertainment as opposed to points no contest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Haywood_6 said:

Some bonehead in front of me yesterday yelling "Sort it out Rodgers" after 10 minutes :frusty: 

 

I mean, in fairness, it did need sorting out after ten minutes. 

 

Not that the man might not have been a nob like. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

It could be argued that we got 4 more points under Puel  but for entertainment as opposed to points no contest

There's always one lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...