Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Rodgers Reputation

1 hour ago, FIF said:

Tactically he's poor but he's a media darling. Watching him when things aren't going right and it's clear he doesn't really know what to do. He's not one of these managers who you expect to change things up well at half time when it needs doing. Thankfully we have the players to see this season out and finish top 4.

It'll be interesting to see if Top acts if we get knocked out of the cup and drop down to 6th. Actually it won't be interesting and I hope we never see it.

He's had good and bad moments tactical like any manager.

For me the biggest failure was to not strengthen in wide attacking areas in the January window, whether that was Rodgers or the club we will never know. 

Guest An Sionnach
1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Any other out of date, redundant stereotypes you'd like to peddle?

Are you from Newry by any chance?   Experience : never argue with an Ulsterman , they never budge.

Have to admit, no idea what the thinking was behind the selection and formation on Tuesday apart from rotation but in the main I don't think it's really Rodgers tactics.

I think we're an inconsistent side due to youth. It really showed against Liverpool and Man City where we tried to compete toe to toe, whereas an experienced team may have tried to prevent them from attacking more. There is no way Rodgers would have instructed them to play like they did. I think naturally with the players being in such good form they may have been a little overconfident and complacent as a result. 

The more this team plays together the better they will be in terms of game management and the more consistent we will become. Think this is the issue personally. 

Guest An Sionnach
53 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I guess that's why he keeps changing the formation and line-up. Because he's stubborn.

Different players, same method , play out from the back , slow build up , sometimes get nostalgic for long ball tactics , bang it up there and seize on the mistakes.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Different players, same method , play out from the back , slow build up , sometimes get nostalgic for long ball tactics , bang it up there and seize on the mistakes.

That's not stubborness though. That's having a preferred style, a philosophy. All coaches have one irrespective of where they are from.

43 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Well, he obviously did some thing right in Scotland and, without doubt, he is a massive improvement on what we had before. There will all be detractors as no-one can please all of the people all of the time.

...Celtic had all the quality!!!

Up against teams struggling to compete, struggling to survive.

If you need to compare his ability in relation to Premiership football then you will need to look at how he struggled in Europe.

Guest An Sionnach

Actually I don't really have a problem with Rodgers . He will keep us comfortably mid table for sure and maybe get us into Europe now and again and we shouldn't grumble at that.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Tactically he's poor but he's a media darling. Watching him when things aren't going right and it's clear he doesn't really know what to do. He's not one of these managers who you expect to change things up well at half time when it needs doing. Thankfully we have the players to see this season out and finish top 4.

It'll be interesting to see if Top acts if we get knocked out of the cup and drop down to 6th. Actually it won't be interesting and I hope we never see it.

Don’t get me wrong, we’ve looked poor for a lot of games now but even if we finished 6th we’ve still done better than what everybody expected.

Obviously we don’t know the boards expectations but I think they see the bigger picture (look back at when Pearson fell out the play offs and the one win at Forest got us back in, thankfully the board stuck with him).

I do think the worse thing our board do is hand contracts out like there’s no tomorrow. Rodgers got a new deal on the back of half a season.  

Rodgers has a good reputation, he’s a decent manager and the best we’ve had in 4 years. At the time minute it does like like he didn’t have a plan B which is concerning. Managers will always be judged on how they get out the mess (it’s pretty “easy” when you’re winning every week).

I wouldn’t ditch him though. We can’t keep getting rid of managers when a few months don’t go right, otherwise we’ll end up relegated.

I’m not one of these “oh look on the bright side” types when it comes to football, because I’ll admit we have been shit, but lets not forget this is Rodgers’ first full season here. Anywhere in top 6 plus the League Cup semi final (and hopefully a FA Cup semi final too) is a good return. 

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

Really not convinced. A mate of mine told me end of last season. Don't put a bet on BR. I admit I was gloating at the end of last season and my mate said when he is found out there is nothing he can do to fix it. Beginning to think the tw*t might be right. Another wager lost

33 minutes ago, cropstonfox said:

2 wins in 10 .He's a very good fit for us.

He will make sure we dont get ideas above our station.

Cant wait for Grobypool to Merge with cropston resevoir...then you can Merge with the other floods of flotsam gunge...

These attacks in Rodgers are total rubbish....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We’ve been below average for over a third of the season now. We’ve been ok defensively but offered so little going forwards and it’s a serious worry, we’re not getting better either by the looks of it. We’ve got one of the most talented teams in the league but we’ve played like it for a good 15-20 games so that’s mostly on Rodgers.

We’ve been a bit unlucky in some games (Chelsea H & Burnley A) and had some appalling VAR decisions but our overall performances haven’t been good enough, no amount of optimism or positive thinking is gonna change that.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Actually I don't really have a problem with Rodgers . He will keep us comfortably mid table for sure and maybe get us into Europe now and again and we shouldn't grumble at that.

We’re moving into the best training facility in Europe, which cost £100m. Ridiculous to be happy with mid table finishes.

• Like 2

Guest Fktf

Fine margins. We were electric in the title winning season, then more than average in the several games we won 1-0, when teams sat back against us. Similar pattern this year, just we're not winning these tight games.

We don't have a mahrez to create something from nothing this year, and I don't think we've truly replaced the incisive forward passing drinkwater gave us from the centre - it's all a bit sideways these days, but that could be BR's style/instruction. 

As someone said earlier, if we don't make top 4 from the position we're in, we don't deserve it. I think we'll start to look better against the teams we have coming, as they'll play more expansive football than maybe Brighton, and certainly Watford. 

2 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Really not convinced. A mate of mine told me end of last season. Don't put a bet on BR. I admit I was gloating at the end of last season and my mate said when he is found out there is nothing he can do to fix it. Beginning to think the tw*t might be right. Another wager lost

...really interesting, can you elaborate!!!

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I am getting really ****ed off by our tendency to start well then go absolutely shite under basically every manager. We're the leagues streakiest side and have been ever since we came into it.

The player power culture that exists in the club could very well be a factor in that.