Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2019/20

I watched the second half of the Zimbabwe game and I couldn't spot Muskwe. Di he get subbed or was my picture too bad for me to recognise him? Somalia shocked Zimbabwe with a late goal and probably deserved the win. I think they are about the lowest rated team in the world.

Leicester City team-mates Youri Tielemans and Dennis Praet featured for Belgium as they defeated San Marino 4-0 in UEFA 2020 European Championship qualifying on Friday evening.
More on this story...
Triumphs For Schmeichel & Thomas On International Stage
- Youri Tielemans played for 90 minutes for Belgium, who defeated San Marino 4-0 on Friday evening
- Substitute Dennis Praet earned his fourth senior cap for the Red Devils
- Goalkeeper Danny Ward and James Justin were unused for their respective national sides
- James Maddison, Ben Chilwell (England) and Çağlar Söyüncü (Turkey) may feature on Saturday

Picking up his 24th senior international cap for the highest-ranked country in world football, Tielemans played the full game, while Praet came on as a 75th-minute substitute, replacing Kevin De Bruyne.

It was the third time the duo have shared a pitch for their senior national side and the first occasion since Praet joined Tielemans, a former R.S.C. Anderlecht colleague, at the Football Club.

Triumphs For Schmeichel & Thomas On International Stage
INTERNATIONALS
Published 05 Sep 19
1 MinuteReading time
The September international break’s first round of fixtures resulted in victories for Kasper Schmeichel’s Denmark and Luke Thomas and Vontae Daley-Campbell’s England Under-19s on Thursday.
More on this story...
International Call-Ups For 13 Foxes
- Kasper Schmeichel helps Denmark to a convincing 6-0 triumph over Gibraltar
- Luke Thomas plays 90 minutes for England Under-19s in their 3-1 victory over Greece Under-19s
- Admiral Muskwe features in Zimbabwe’s 1-0 defeat by Somalia in 2022 World Cup qualifying

In the evening, Foxes shot-stopper Schmeichel started from the off as the Danes beat Gibraltar in Group D of the UEFA 2020 European Championship qualifiers.

The 32-year-old 'keeper played 90 minutes at the College Cosmos Stadium, as Hoffenheim’s Robert Skov handed Denmark an early lead before doubles from Christian Eriksen and Christian Gytkjaer and goal from Thomas Delaney sealed a 6-0 win.

Denmark are second in their qualification group, having collected eight points from four outings, and next face Georgia on Sunday 8 September.

Earlier in the day, young City left-back Thomas started in England Under-19s’ 3-1 friendly win over Greece Under-19s at St. George’s Park, while Daley-Campbell was an unused substitute.

Despite Greece taking the lead through Vrakas Georgios, efforts from Daniel Adshead, Ryan Edmondson and Thomas Doyle secured a triumph in front of on-watching England manager Gareth Southgate.

Thomas and Daley-Campbell’s nation next face Germany Monday 9 September.

Meanwhile, Development Squad striker Admiral Muskwe played 73 minutes during Zimbabwe’s 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifier against Somalia.

Zimbabwe, nicknamed the Warriors, were beaten 1-0 following a late goal, and again face the east African outfit on Sunday.

• Thanks 1

I can't understand the substitutions. It was an ideal time to blood Maddison. The Mount hype is incredible - does he even play for a team in the top half of the prem? We're third you know :D. I really, really hate having to watch a channel with Glenn Hoddle commentating. The man should be at a David Icke retreat.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

I can't understand the substitutions. It was an ideal time to blood Maddison. The Mount hype is incredible - does he even play for a team in the top half of the prem? We're third you know :D. I really, really hate having to watch a channel with Glenn Hoddle commentating. The man should be at a David Icke retreat.

Staggering! The lad has won 1 premier League game! Has their ever been an England international with less top division wins before his debut?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, FIF said:

15 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Staggering! The lad has won 1 premier League game! Has their ever been an England international with less top division wins before his debut?

Don’t forget that Steve Holland is pulling a lot of tactical strings 

i have no no issue with mount coming on yesterday. If madders was coming on then it had to be for Barkley.......... let’s see what they do on Tuesday before calling them out for being idiots .....

2 hours ago, FIF said:

Listening to Glenn Twaddle is a marginally better than having to endure Chris Strap-on for a Celtic game on Premier Sports.

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Listening to Glenn Twaddle is a marginally better than having to endure Chris Strap-on for a Celtic game on Premier Sports.

It's amazing.

Why haven't they realised that a significant number of their audience would prefer just to hear the sounds of the match or a commentator just saying who has the ball rather than listening to people give their views on what is/isn't happening.

I always try to watch US/Canadian streams now. they're not perfect but better than the ex-football stars that Sky/ITV have  on.

6 hours ago, mozartfox said:

I like the Thai pundits & commentators, so much better than the English ones.........................................

I can't understand a thing they say.

• Like 1

On 08/09/2019 at 06:35, FIF said:

It's amazing.

Why haven't they realised that a significant number of their audience would prefer just to hear the sounds of the match or a commentator just saying who has the ball rather than listening to people give their views on what is/isn't happening.

I always try to watch US/Canadian streams now. they're not perfect but better than the ex-football stars that Sky/ITV have  on.

So true, it's no better than listening to a random drunk bloke down the pub. They have a basic knowledge, in that they know the players names and have seen them on match of the day a few times but have no expert input.

Its worse for our games, they don't realise that most people watching lower teams play would be their fans, so you need an expert on those clubs. They talk about players that they don't know anything about and think people won't notice.

There was a game I was watching and when we had a free kick they were saying Vardy would be in consideration for taking it..  I'm not sure I've ever seen Vardy take one... It baffles me. 

If the studios each gave clubs specific commentators, who only got called in for those games it would actually be decent to listen to. They wouldn't have to be fans, just people dedicated to learning about a club and actually getting a good understanding of their cultures and players. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1