Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Our Internationals 2019/20

3 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I really hope Soyuncu had nothing to do with the military salute Demiral and some of the others took. Disgusting behaviour.

It is against uefa rules they were repimanded and warned not to, but still they did.

Uefa need to do something, but it wouldn't be disgusting to the Turkish culture per se, unlike the Bulgarian behaviour, which would be seen as disgusting to the vast majority of Bulgarians.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, treer said:

It is against uefa rules they were repimanded and warned not to, but still they did.

Uefa need to do something, but it wouldn't be disgusting to the Turkish culture per se, unlike the Bulgarian behaviour, which would be seen as disgusting to the vast majority of Bulgarians.

I agree that most Turks would agree with what the Turkish national team did, and most Bulgarians would disagree with the actions of the Bulgarian ultras. 

I don't understand what that has to do with anything however.

8 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I really hope Soyuncu had nothing to do with the military salute Demiral and some of the others took. Disgusting behaviour.

He's there in the back

Although I imagine the peer pressure to conform is overwhelming. I wouldn't be surprised if not everyone in that picture believes in it. 

Edited by brucey

1 hour ago, brucey said:

He's there in the back

Although I imagine the peer pressure to conform is overwhelming. I wouldn't be surprised if not everyone in that picture believes in it. 

At least he didn't join in with the pitchside salute. If literally everyone else is involved it would possibly be a big problem not to be involved if you don't agree with it. It's still something I'm not comfortable about though.

5 hours ago, brucey said:

He's there in the back

Imagine being one of the two nonces doing it the wrong way round too

• 4 weeks later...

Looking at our internationals coming up, only Tielemans, Praet, Ward, Justin will be with their clubs until the final day (Tuesday 19th Nov). That's not bad considering the rest may come back earlier and be more ready for Saturday's game against Brighton? 

Wednesday 13th November

Ndidi - Nigeria vs Benin

Thursday 14th November:

Maddison, Chilwell - England vs Montenegro 

Soyuncu - Turkey vs Iceland 

Ricardo Pereira - Portugal vs Lithuania 

Friday 15th November 

Schmeichel - Denmark vs Gibraltar

Justin - Albania vs England u21 

Saturday 16th November 

Ward - Azerbaijan vs Wales 

Evans - Northern Ireland vs Netherlands 

Tielemans, Praet - Russia vs Belgium 

Sunday 17th

Maddison, Chilwell - Kosovo vs England 

Soyuncu - Andorra vs Turkey

Ricardo Pereira - Luxembourg vs Portugal 

Ndidi - Lesotho vs Nigeria 

Monday 18th

Schmeichel - Republic of Ireland vs Denmark 

Tuesday 19th

Evans - Germany vs Northern Ireland 

Ward - Wales vs Hungary 

Tielemans, Praet - Belgium vs Cyprus 

Justin - Netherlands u21 vs England u21

Barnes, Choudhury and Gray are now ineligible to play for England U21s as they were born before 1st January 1998. 

• Thanks 2

OS

James Maddison, Ben Chilwell, Çağlar Söyüncü and Ricardo Pereira all made headlines on a busy evening of Leicester City representation on the international stage on Thursday.

- Ben Chilwell started and James Maddison made his senior debut from the bench as England qualified for the UEFA European Championships
- Chilwell made three assists in the first half as the Three Lions beat Montenegro 7-0 at Wembley Stadium
- Maddison emerged from the bench in the 56th minute to make his maiden senior England appearance
- Çağlar Söyüncü played the full 90 and kept a clean sheet as Turkey also qualified with a 0-0 draw against Iceland
- Ricardo Pereira made an assist in his first Portugal appearance since the 2018 FIFA World Cup in a 6-0 win over Lithuania  

Chilwell registered a brilliant trio of assists inside 24 minutes and Maddison made his debut from the bench in England's 7-0 victory over Montenegro to seal UEFA European Championship qualification.

Earlier in the day, in Istanbul, meanwhile, Söyüncü played a key role in securing a clean sheet for his country as Turkey also booked their spot at EURO 2020 with a 0-0 draw against Iceland.

Elsewhere, Ricardo made an assist on his first appearance since the 2018 FIFA World Cup for Portugal as the current EURO holders edged closer to qualification with a 6-0 win over Lithuania in Faro-Loulé.

Çağlar Söyüncü

Turkey also qualified for UEFA EURO 2020 as Çağlar Söyüncü played the full 90 minutes in a 0-0 draw with Iceland.

The first fixture of the evening involving Foxes representation saw Turkey host Iceland at Ali Sami Yen Spor Kompleksi with Söyüncü and his colleagues knowing a draw would be enough. 

Turkey endured a late scare, however, as a superb corner from Gylfi Sigurðsson found Hörður Björgvin Magnússon at the far post but his effort was blocked on the line by Merih Demiral.

As a result, Söyüncü's side qualify and are currently second in Group H, following France's late 2-1 victory over Moldova at the Stade de France, putting the world champions clear by two points.

Chilwell, on the other hand, continued his excellent domestic form in an England shirt with three assists in the opening half-an-hour of a stunning 7-0 win for the Three Lions over Montenegro at Wembley.

Ben Chilwell

Ben Chilwell made his 10th appearance for England on Thursday.

The Leicester City Academy graduate's cross-field pass was converted by Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain for England's opener before the young left-back's searching cross was nodded home by captain Harry Kane.

On 24 minutes, the 22-year-old was the provider again for former Foxes loanee Kane, who completed a 38-minute hat-trick after Marcus Rashford had also added his name to the scoresheet in London.

After the interval, Maddison was introduced to the action on 56 minutes to make his maiden senior appearance for his country, while an Aleksandar Sofranac own goal and Tammy Abraham's strike made it 7-0.

Gareth Southgate's side have also qualified and currently lead by a margin of three points in Group A, with a far superior goal difference, following Czech Republic's 2-1 win over Kosovo in Plzeň.

Ricardo Pereira

Ricardo Pereira was typically impressive for Portugal against Lithuania.

Finally, Ricardo also returned to the international stage to make an appearance for Portugal for the first time since the UEFA Nations League holders' run to the Round of 16 at the 2018 World Cup in Russia. 

Portugal were scintillating at Estádio Algarve with Cristiano Ronaldo netting a hat-trick alongside efforts from Pizzi, Gonçalo Paciência and Bernardo Silva - assisted by Ricardo - in a 6-0 win over Lithuania.

However, Fernando Santos' second-placed side are only one point above Serbia in Group B ahead of Sunday's visit to Luxembourg, while the Serbians tackle already-qualified Ukraine at Red Star Stadium.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1