Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

POST MATCH: Leicester City 2 Tottenham 1

Even their own fans call them cnuts... lol Fighting Cock, a gift that keeps on giving :thumbup:

https://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/forum/threads/leicester-city-v-tottenham-hotspur-21-09-19-12-30pm.33270/post-2016721

Park Lane Mark Twain20 minutes ago

#1,662

Just watching Rocky III. Poch should tell everyone at the club to go rent this shit and watch it, see what glory is supposed to look like.
I expect and want fighters! Get it the **** together and go murder teams like the ***** I know you can be! No more ****ing about, become a ****ing team and stop pricking about with all this plastic shit. Last chance saloon for a few of our lot in the twilight of their careers. Time to find a voice or watch it all pass them by. Time to take responsibility, none of this Happy Meal bollocks they've been serving up!

Toby & Jan are the key but only if they take it upon themselves. Where's the ****ing fight at the moment? That 6 minutes of injury time and I don't recall troubling their goalkeeper at all? That's a ****ing shambles I expect at the very least some heart, not this processed bullshit we are getting at the moment!

****ing fight for it Spurs! Find your ****ing hunger again or please just leave my club! No more excuses, it's
time to take it seriousl now. Each and everyone one of our boys need to make our club the priority. If they don't then they ain't welcome anymore. 1 away win since January? Look at the talent we have they should all be ashamed of themselves!

Fight or very kindly **** off! You believed in your own hype Spurs, nows the time to show it was justified. Crunch time let's see what's you're all made of!

Last edited: 12 minutes ago

Edited by Chester Dontlie
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

But onside by the time gazzaniga spilled it, thought this would be second phase of play, obviously I need to brush up on the rules. 

The rules are: A new phase begins when a opposing player deliberately plays the ball, BUT this does not include a deliberate save. The decision was correct.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I've no idea.  VAR should have been used to review this challenge imo.

I've had a look at the rules which say:

"VAR will be used only for “clear and obvious errors” or “serious missed incidents” in four match-changing situations: goals; penalty decisions; direct red-card incidents; and mistaken identity."

Furthermore:

"Only the referee, who can inform the VAR that a decision should be reviewed."

Seems a contradiction to me.  Why would a referee make a clear and obvious error and then overturn himself moments later?

Someone should have reviewed the challenge, if there was nothing coming of it fair enough, but just to let it go and wave a yellow felt like a big injustice in the heat of the moment.

Well, that's not a complete sentence, so I think someone's made a mistake. I agree that a ref is unlikely to want to ask someone to check if he's messed up, but I'm not sure he's the only one who's allowed to do that.

I try to reassure myself that I am a rational individual, but conversely - I cannot dispel my utter loathing for this club. As a Londoner, you hate Spurs. Doesn't matter what part you are from, or irrespective of which club you support..you simply despise Tottenham Hotspur as an institution.  I'm sorry, I can't help it. Love their brand of football, love the players (with the exception of Rose), the new stadium (best in the country), don't mind Poch - but I despise the ownership, the board, the vile self-entitled fans, that noxious corner of London, the shit chants, the arrogance...the stupid supposedly proud cock. **** them...a travelling toxicity. Shit club. 

Rarely do I experience utter euphoria. But to beat such a horrible football club and their abhorrent, contemptible following releases a wonderful ecstasy coursing through my being...I guess on a par with Stokes and the weeping Aussies in the third test at Headingly. To spend the atermath and the afternoon celebrating after leaving the ground in a sun drenched rural bucolic Leicestershire...Saddington, Gumley and Mosely whilst their 'foul' support retreated back to shitty Edmonton made this victory all the sweeter.

Some observations. Giant tackles from Sissouko and Evans - the former should never have been booked. Can't argue with the VAR ruling today. The tempo in the first twenty minutes was insane. Both teams provided marvellous entertainment, which is ultimately what brings us in. Lamella brilliantly exploited the space afforded by the tight marking of Winks at the back of Spurs signature diamond. Kane's outrageous finish demonstrated why he is England Captain and the best striker in the country. And finally, "we don't need you, we've got Söyüncü..."Seriously, not sure I've felt such love for a City player since Ngolo bless his soul....or am I being irrational?

Edited by Line-X
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I try to reassure myself that I am a rational individual, but conversely - I cannot dispel my utter loathing for this club. As a Londoner, you hate Spurs. Doesn't matter what part you are from, or irrespective of which club you support..you simply despise Tottenham Hotspur as an institution.  I'm sorry, I can't help it. Love their brand of football, love the players (with the exception of Rose), the new stadium (best in the country), don't mind Poch - but I despise the ownership, the board, the vile self-entitled fans, that noxious corner of London, the shit chants, the arrogance...the stupid supposedly proud cock. **** them...a travelling toxicity. Shit club. 

Rarely do I experience utter euphoria. But to beat such a horrible football club and their abhorrent, contemptible following releases a wonderful ecstasy coursing through my being...I guess on a par with Stokes and the weeping Aussies in the third test at Headingly. To spend the atermath and the afternoon celebrating after leaving the ground in a sun drenched rural bucolic Leicestershire...Saddington, Gumley and Mosely whilst their 'foul' support retreated back to shitty Edmonton made this victory all the sweeter.

Some observations. Giant tackles from Sissouko and Evans - the former should never have been booked. Can't argue with the VAR ruling today. The tempo in the first twenty minutes was insane. Both teams provided marvellous entertainment, which is ultimately what brings us in. Lamella brilliantly exploited the space afforded by the tight marking of Winks at the back of Spurs signature diamond. Kane's outrageous finish demonstrated why he is England Captain and the best striker in the country. And finally, "we don't need you, we've got Söyüncü..."Seriously, not sure I've felt such love for a City player since Ngolo bless his soul....or am I being irrational?

Not seen it again,but from where i sat the Sissuko"tackle" should have been a straight red.

Edited by PAULCFC

2 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

It's an unpopular opinion, but I think it's clear his standing foot slipped. 

Did it not happen with Vardy a few seasons back and our fans were livid. Sure it got overturned. 

Correct decision for me. 

If Vardy had have made that challenge he would have been off for sure

4 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Not seen it again,but from where i sat the Sissuko"tackle" should have been a straight red.

That'll be why then. And from where I was sat..in the moment, it also should have been a straight red. Unlike you, I've had the benefit of a second viewing. BT commentary likened to a Robbo crunch of old, which tickled Hoddle. 

Great tackle, won the ball. No different to Evans on Kane. Had both mistimed, pardon the cliché. but early bath. 

As a matter of interest, from "where you were sat" or not at all, do you also think that Hamza's scissor tackle on Matt Ritchie the other week was a "straight red"?

57 minutes ago, lcfcfan97 said:

We really need a few other lineups that work. 2DMs against Man City and Liverpool. I agree it does not work on any weaker teams. Perhaps we go the other direction and go 2 strikers or 3 AMs, more positive could work on the deep block

I honestly think that the only way to beat either of these teams is to really go at them. High risk strategy though.

10 minutes ago, holyfox said:

I don’t have BT Sport and MOTD was a joke, does anyone know a way of watching longer highlights apart the 4min YouTube?

Either today (Sunday) or tomorrow, LCFC.com will have 20 mins of highlights as they do every game.

Edited by Phube
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Perez was offside when the original shot was struck. The end.

Only if he’s deemed to be interfering with play at that point. Nevertheless, it does seem that the rules specifically state that if a player gains advantage from having been in an offside position prior to a rebound from the post or a spill from a save then the goal will be disallowed.

I think the situation is much more nuanced than some here are implying though. Just because he was in an offside position at the time of the original shot was not necessarily an offence.

For example, if the original shot had not been saved, it’s quite possible the resultant goal would have stood. It would only have been disallowed if either of the 2 players in offside positions were interfering with play, such as by unsighting the keeper (which has been suggested).

Edited by WigstonWanderer

I feel we did ride our luck at times today and there were worrinngly spaces in our midfield where Spurs were through with a simple pass.

I think Brendan will be looking at getting that side out but tighting it up in midfield, possibly looking for a bit more defensive work and energy from YT or perhaps even trying to get Praet in some how... 

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

That'll be why then. And from where I was sat..in the moment, it also should have been a straight red. Unlike you, I've had the benefit of a second viewing. BT commentary likened to a Robbo crunch of old, which tickled Hoddle. 

Great tackle, won the ball. No different to Evans on Kane. Had both mistimed, pardon the cliché. but early bath. 

As a matter of interest, from "where you were sat" or not at all, do you also think that Hamza's scissor tackle on Matt Ritchie the other week was a "straight red"?

First and foremost, I didn't think the ref had a terrible game at all. There were a couple of odd decisions at the end of the first half when he'd already come in for a bit of (probably unfair) stick, but other than that he was okay. I don't think either set of fans should feel hard done by, and the VAR call for the Spurs second was, according to the rules, the right one, even if we don't like the damage this is doing to the game as a spectacle. The VAR call for Ndidi, equally, was right.

But I'm not 100% sure Sissoko is in control there. Two feet, studs showing... I've seen players sent off for that and the commentators are quite happy to back the referee up when it happens. And, in order to maintain balance, I've even seen players sent off for Gray's challenge. There are refs out there who make those calls.

Of course, in my book neither is a red. I like to see a few of those flying in, and I'm not sure any of it was malicious. But there's a lack of clarity over these decisions, and over the point at which not being in control / studs showing / going in with two feet / going over the top / endangering an opponent, shifts from a booking to a red.

The Evans one isn't even debatable, unless you're talking about the throw-in that followed.

Good win, but new VAR law for handball and the way they determine marginal offsides for me is a joke. Now I love beating spurs as much as the next Leicester fan but come on... some chunky dotted lines put roughly near a part of the body you can score from, against the knee of an opposition defender.. and also not knowing when the passer last touched it/pass was played. Their are some serious question marks over this system... but... we won so happy days lol but seriously we got a little lucky today with var in my opinion 

30 minutes ago, Line-X said:

In modern times a much dimmer view is taken of challenges that are deemed reckless and/or out of control, even if the player gets the ball. Vardy has been sent off for such. Red for me.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

6 minutes ago, Line-X said:

ok,i'll have to watch it again.Can't remember the Hamza one to be honest!Graham Roberts was one of my fave players growing up.Is your loc a Faith No More thing?....if so we have a bit in common!

1 minute ago, inckley fox said:

First and foremost, I didn't think the ref had a terrible game at all.

Neither do I. I thought he was excellent. What's your point?

2 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

There were a couple of odd decisions at the end of the first half when he'd already come in for a bit of (probably unfair) stick, but other than that he was okay. I don't think either set of fans should feel hard done by, and the VAR call for the Spurs second was, according to the rules, the right one, even if we don't like the damage this is doing to the game as a spectacle. The VAR call for Ndidi, equally, was right.

Agree.

2 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

But I'm not 100% sure Sissoko is in control there. Two feet, studs showing... I've seen players sent off for that and the commentators are quite happy to back the referee up when it happens. And, in order to maintain balance, I've even seen players sent off for Gray's challenge. There are refs out there who make those calls.

The studs weren't raised other than contact with the ball. Not the sort of tackle I'd like to see eradicated from the game. Judge it on the intent. 

4 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

And, in order to maintain balance, I've even seen players sent off for Gray's challenge. There are refs out there who make those calls.

Absolutely. Consistency is so hard to engender. 

5 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Of course, in my book neither is a red. I like to see a few of those flying in, and I'm not sure any of it was malicious. But there's a lack of clarity over these decisions, and over the point at which not being in control / studs showing / going in with two feet / going over the top / endangering an opponent, shifts from a booking to a red.

The Evans one isn't even debatable, unless you're talking about the throw-in that followed.

Absolutely - although Grey's was over the top and clearly calculated. I don't think the Evans tackle was as you say "debatable"  - simply, screw up the timing and you walk. In the event. he didn't. 

8 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Good win, but new VAR law for handball and the way they determine marginal offsides for me is a joke. Now I love beating spurs as much as the next Leicester fan but come on... some chunky dotted lines put roughly near a part of the body you can score from, against the knee of an opposition defender.. and also not knowing when the passer last touched it/pass was played. Their are some serious question marks over this system... but... we won so happy days lol but seriously we got a little lucky today with var in my opinion 

Ordinarily I’d agree that the red and blue lines were too close to call, not least because of the time difference between frames, but for me the line from the top of the shoulder was drawn in the wrong place, so the decision was actually more clear cut. Besides, it went our way so yanno....

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Ordinarily I’d agree that the red and blue lines were too close to call, not least because of the time difference between frames, but for me the line from the top of the shoulder was drawn in the wrong place, so the decision was actually more clear cut. Besides, it went our way so yanno....

But this kind of proves my point... it was still in the wrong place... this technology was brought in to stop glaring errors (i.e. Cardiff Chelsea goal last season where Chelsea player was miles offside). 

Mans yes as I said we won and how we responded after that was fantastic, but I just cannot get my head around that goal being ruled out... the game changed on it and no one is really that sure it was the correct decision