Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

POST MATCH: Leicester City 2 Tottenham 1

2 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yep lol rules will say that, even if 1 mm offside you are offside 

But VAR can never be that accurate. I have said before re VAR if you have a player moving forward at speed (quicker than frames per second of VAR camera) offside is not only dependant on his position but when the ball leaves the boot of the player originally kicking it. It is just impossible to be certain (in this acae) there was an offside. It's time VAR only overturns a decision if there is a clear and obvious error for all situations - if it takes the VAR more than 30 - 40 seconds to be certain, I suggest there should not be an overturning of a decision

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

But VAR can never be that accurate. I have said before re VAR if you have a player moving forward at speed (quicker than frames per second of VAR camera) offside is not only dependant on his position but when the ball leaves the boot of the player originally kicking it. It is just impossible to be certain (in this acae) there was an offside. It's time VAR only overturns a decision if there is a clear and obvious error for all situations - if it takes the VAR more than 30 - 40 seconds to be certain, I suggest there should not be an overturning of a decision

The linesmen don’t make a decision on offsides in these instances... it’s left to VAR. if play had continued then they’d make a decision. 

What i dislike about VAR the most is the fact its the main talking point of the game. Whether its commentators / MotD / newspapers or fan forums, the majority of the discussion has not been about the game, the highlights the downsides - its been the VAR decisions.

Its here to stay and if its consistent then so be it, we will win some and lose some and the frustrations will be in force.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

What i dislike about VAR the most is the fact its the main talking point of the game. Whether its commentators / MotD / newspapers or fan forums, the majority of the discussion has not been about the game, the highlights the downsides - its been the VAR decisions.

Its here to stay and if its consistent then so be it, we will win some and lose some and the frustrations will be in force.

Fully agree. Very little talk about how well we did - but how unlucky Tottenham were and how they were "cheated" by VAR as he was only millimetres offside.....By the way very rarely do we get any credit when playing well against the so called "big sides".

Edited by TheStig
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Because it's new, not perfect and obviously has often a big influence on the game. Once they get it right and people used to it, you won't hear much about it.

Edited by That_Dude

1 hour ago, That_Dude said:

Because it's new, not perfect and obviously has often a big influence on the game. Once they get it right and people used to it, you won't hear much about it.

I agree. I assume, all the years ago, when the offside rule first came in, even without football forums and t'internet, football fans would have had as much discussion and differences of opinion as we do today about VAR.

10 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Thank you. I'm not even vaguely offended by that tackle. As several people said he slipped, and he's not even trying to catch Maddison.

I agree, what annoys me is the time Madison spends on the ground, Kane got just as hard a kick from Evens and was up at the same time as Evans. No moaning no bitching. 

9 hours ago, LCFCABC said:

MOTD talking rubbish about VAR and clear and obvious this morning (all attackers on the MOTD panel!)

Offside is clear and obvious. Son was offside, regardless of the distance. 

The same people that talk about a goal being a goal when the ball is shown to be fractionally over the line. Same thing, if it's offside it's offside, by a mm or a mile. 

• Like 1

One of the things that has been very important so far this season is the impact certain subs are making in games. Barnes at Sheff Utd won us a tight game (also was our only bright spark going forward when he came on vs Wolves) and Choudhury's assist for Maddison's winner.

There's been other good cameos too but it just shows the togetherness of the squad and how important they all feel, our strength is we aren't just a half decent XI. In the right manner, we are such a threat and we seem to have a number of young players who revel in having an impact off the bench, arguably Barnes is the main one. The difference between the effect he has on games from the start vs off the bench is so far huge. I wouldn't not want him in from the off though at the minute as what other viable option is there? BR evidently doesn't think Albrighton is the answer.

• Like 1