Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

POST MATCH: Leicester City 2 Tottenham 1

15 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Given the start we've had fixtures wise to be sitting 3rd is incredible. From GW9 we have a very desirable run of fixtures. If we can manage to beat those teams "we should be beating" we could be in a very healthy position come the mid point of the season. I know some folk have criticised the manager for what they see as a defensive set up but I think he just wanted us to have a solid start to the season which we now have. I'm more confident now than ever of our potential to finish top 6. Come on you Foxes! X 

The next few games after Liverpool will be season defining. In the five years we’ve been in the top flight we’ve only really had one 18 month spell where we routinely put away the teams we “should” beat. 

Newcastle at home next week will be a really good barometer for where we are.

21 minutes ago, Milo said:

Don't think he's that unsung, tbh

Our best CB for the past few years 

Bar his first month or so for the club, ever since he's been a fixture he's been our best and most consistent defender by far. Mad that Puel didn't see him as an automatic starter.

I describe him to people who don't follow Leicester as that player who's 7/10 for every important attribute. Won't get the headlines, but does everything well and has no real weakness. Captain material too.

• Like 1

I felt a draw was a fair result, but glad to have all 3.  Spurs were good, you could see the difference between the 2 teams especially in the link up in attack, they made better decisions and the final pass was better.

However we showed grit and determination, and had great spells,.....Madison's stock has definitely gone up.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Good win. Spurs can probably count themselves unlucky with the disallowed goal - we're talking millimetres, but to be honest, that must makes it even more enjoyable. 

Couldn't make the game today but hope @Strokes enjoyed the game in my place. 

Yes mate, thanks very much for that. Me and my lad really enjoyed ourselves. 

• Like 1

Thrilled with that!! Hated spurs ever since our winning season. They were so arrogant and snobby about our chances of winning the title. Will never forgive them for it. Kane being one of the worst offenders.

What a game as well!! Absolutely fantastic to watch. How football should be played. Madders emerges as the hero! 

"We've got 99 problems, but beating spurs ain't one!" 

Shows our intent. Top 6 after as many games is excellent. 

I just hope Brogers can stick to this positive play that got us the result today....

I remember when we sold Mahrez and people saying we'd lost our star player and we had to get another to replace him. I said we had probably already got him in Madders, as a couple of my mates who support Norwich raved about him.I also think we've done it with Cags too...he was quality today. Evans has been immense too, he's so calm and strong. i hope if brendan takes one thing from today, it's fvck worrying about the opposition, let them worry about us, we're so much better when we are set up as we were today. i thought Praet looked good too when he came on...some great touches and energy. I'm off to my local now, which is full of Spuds fans to wind them up to the point where I risk a kicking!...Happy fooking days!!!

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Seriously, I can't believe people are still litigating that goal.  Supporting your team is great, but VAR absolutely got that right.  It was a no-brainer. 

Can you explain what you mean by your use of the word "litigate" in this context? I would like to understand the point you're making.

Not reading through 12 pages worth of stuff so apologies if stuff will undoubtedly be repeated!

Loved every bit of the game today. Even if we did go down 1-0, with the way the lads were playing you always had a sense and belief that we could get back in to it and get a positive result to match the positive performance. And the other good thing? It looked like the lads believed in themselves too. It typifies the togetherness in the club right now and it's fvcking great to see.

Even from when the line-up was announced - it was positive. Starting 1 defensive midfielder, Maddison back central. Barnes starting. Rodgers got it spot on to begin with even if Perez did disappoint (relative to the rest of the players' performances). 

My stand-out players were Maddison, Soyuncu, Ndidi & Pereira.

Maddison controlled the game and ran the midfield. It was a shame to see him limping around after a challenge from their player. Hope his injury isn't too serious. The goal was fully deserved. For all the shots and efforts he had in the first half and previous games, it was about time he got a goal like that. He knew he had to score more and he was so hungry for it today. Thought his skilful play in and around the box was lovely - proper excited the crowd and got the players up for it. Again, he tracked back when necessary too and put some tackles in. Think he's clearly been told by Rodgers to put himself about more and it pays off. 

Soyuncu was Soyuncu. Said it in his thread on here but I just love how composed and confident he is on the ball, literally anywhere on the pitch too. And then when he needs to hoof it out (or karate-kick it!?), then so be it. The one slight mishap, if you can call it that, is when he pushed Kane in to the ball for his goal lol. Ah well, barely an error, for me, as the hard work was done by Son in the lead-up and perhaps he should have been stopped by other players. The other thing I love is that he and Evans are building up a really confident and solid partnership. Yes there's only been 1 clean sheet so far in the league but it doesn't reflect their actual dominant performances.

Ndidi was his usual self. Puts himself about as necessary and provides that cover for the defence. I love that he gets in and around the box as well. Proper enging in him to cover so much ground and be physical for the whole game. Speaks volumes that today probably wasn't even his best game but he still managed to play well. Fits in our squad so well. Shame his goal couldn't stand. 

Pereira also has an absolute engine on him. Thought defensively he was better today and put some good tackles in. Happy for him to get a goal. We have a proper starlet on our hands here for someone who can play as well as he does in our tactical set-up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Can anyone create a clip of Evans sending Kane into orbit? It was sensational, I celebrated that more than the goals.........

Love challenges like those. Full-blooded, got the ball, takes the player. Absolutely nothing wrong with that and it was clear every signle person in the ground thought so. Half-expected Tierney to blow the whistle for it with the way he reffed the game lol

It's those kind of challenges as well that get the crowd going and really psyche everyone up. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

That's my Leicester City!

"Your" leicester city? What was your contrubution to the result other than nothing? (Please dont take it seriously i just mean it in jest)

Anyway thoroughly enjoyable win and a great game. Everything hinged on the Spurs disallowed goal it gave us the momentum shift and once we went to 1-1 i felt we were the only team who would win

Maddison's allround contrubution was excellent today. Dribbling, passing, ugly stuff like getting a foot in and being awkward and a superb strike too.

Thought the centreback pairing was excellent today too, particularly in seeing the game out.

Only negative for me would be Tielemans looks short of confidence.

Thought the referee was actually not too bad either

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Donk said:

"Your" leicester city? What was your contrubution to the result other than nothing? (Please dont take it seriously i just mean it in jest)

Anyway thoroughly enjoyable win and a great game. Everything hinged on the Spurs disallowed goal it gave us the momentum shift and once we went to 1-1 i felt we were the only team who would win

Maddison's allround contrubution was excellent today. Dribbling, passing, ugly stuff like getting a foot in and being awkward and a superb strike too.

Thought the centreback pairing was excellent today too, particularly in seeing the game out.

Only negative for me would be Tielemans looks short of confidence.

Thought the referee was actually not too bad either

I shouted 'come on' quite a few times with a beer in hand. Seemed to do the trick

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Best game down here for years. The title winning season has some good ones, the 5-3 man u was incredible, this was right up there with any games at the King Power. Atmosphere was immense, game had everything, goals, disallowed goals, strange goals great goals, so much emotion. Such a shame Maddison probably won't be here next season, love watching him play. 

Five years to the day :ph34r:

2 hours ago, Blue Ed said:

Cheers for this.... I couldn't work out what was going on in the second half but definitely felt more controlled and less open to their counter. 

No worries! I might well do a thread on it actually because I think it's both interesting to analyse and to discuss for us fans. For example, Praet looked right at home when we went to the Diamond system, which was used by Sampdoria when he was there. Rodgers clearly earmarked him for a specific role in the team playing a certain way. It makes me feel think we will drop a lot less points at home this season, but let's see if that's true against Newcastle who are often a bogey team for us!

2 hours ago, LinekersLugs said:

atmosphere was cracking as well

Yeah it was brilliant! Maybe it was the unseasonably warm weather, but it had the vibe of the early 15/16 season games to it. It was loud throughout and very vibrant. It was genuinely enjoyable to be at the ground today and it only really went flat for about 30 seconds when we all thought we were 2-0 down!

2 hours ago, brucey said:

I love that Rodgers quote! That is exactly the spirit we need to have. I think it was interesting that he asked for a good reception in the match program, that the Birch clearly pointed out again that "you can and do make the difference!" and that the crowd gave the players an extra yard. In fact today I personally felt like the crowd connected with the team very well. I think it gave a few of them extra energy to make some heroic challenges and runs. That Soyuncu run right at the end was celebrated by many as if it was a third goal!

2 hours ago, brucey said:

LOL! Got to love Riccy P! I think the Vardy influence is rubbing off on him!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1