Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

POST MATCH: Leicester City 2 Tottenham 1

3 minutes ago, tsintskaro said:

ya he was paired with Vardy up there but still for me he was kinda lazy and Vardy had always to point him what to do,who to press

i mean i like they guy,he is talented and does well but the hype he got in last season was too much

Maddison was always ahead of him for me

Well the way we are setup, it's down to Vardy to instruct the team to press. In fact if you look at all of our games, they follow his lead. That's because in order to run a high press properly, it has to be done as a team. Because we aren't as experienced as say Liverpool, Rodgers has Vardy act like our captain up front and that's why he's like a train conductor telling the others to go at the same time. I think it's been quite a good solution to teach a team to press who weren't used to doing it before! It means there is clarity in when to go and when to stay. It's important to note that teams who are superb at pressing like Liverpool, or even Atalanta that we played in pre-season have spent many seasons developing that style. When we beat Liverpool 2-0 in 2016 they were a shadow of what they are today. That style took new recruits and lots of hours on the training ground to get right. Even some players like Fabinho had to be introduced into the team very steadily despite being fantastic players because it's such an adjustment to make.

But the criticism of Tielemans is certainly justified! He's our most expensive player ever and he's not been as good as last season, that's a fact. But I think most still think he's a very good player. Maddison being English is probably worth 60m+ and we paid 40m for Tielemans. I think this season so far even if you take the "English player tax" off Maddison, he would still be worth more. But don't write off Youri just yet, he's got massive potential! That's why signing for us was good for both our club and him - he's not ready to be the main man for a big team yet, but he's probably 2-3 seasons off being that kind of player. The same could also be said with Maddison!

Also, even when we're doing well I still have berks next to me spouting all kinds of crap.

Straight after half-time, we're knocking the ball about, literally about 10 seconds gone where defence passing it around. The guy next to me says 'we're faffing about with it again'. 

Twat.

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Surely to be able to draw a line accurately you would need to be looking precisely across the line which would require thousands of cameras along the touchlines. That camera angle is a random angle creating about a 30 degree angle for the line, but without knowing the precise angle I don't see how they can measure it accurately. 

It's like someone's just used the line tool in Microsoft Paint and guessed.

Sometimes MOTD use that virtual world (a bit like Hawkeye in Tennis) where you can see the position of players/ the ball from any position on the pitch. Not sure how accurate it is but surely using that would be more accurate.

I think they use the grass lines 

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Also, even when we're doing well I still have berks next to me spouting all kinds of crap.

Straight after half-time, we're knocking the ball about, literally about 10 seconds gone where defence passing it around. The guy next to me says 'we're faffing about with it again'. 

Twat.

I think we just have to accept that there are people who want to find fault, whatever the weather. I remember people finding fault all the time as we closed in on the title.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think the words, and the mindset of Maddison after the game says a lot. It tells me that the mindset within the dressing room is that if we play OUR game, the way we want to, we can do it again! and we should fear nobody, especially at home. This win, and a lucky set of results tomorrow, could and should inspire the squad to dream.....again. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I think they use the grass lines 

Think you're right. 

Just seems when we're literally talking millimetres it would be a bit more advanced.

Also, like previous poster has said the tip of the shoulder is active so that line is nonsense anyway and he should have been even more offsife. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, stix said:

I think the words, and the mindset of Maddison after the game says a lot. It tells me that the mindset within the dressing room is that if we play OUR game, the way we want to, we can do it again! and we should fear nobody, especially at home. This win, and a lucky set of results tomorrow, could and should inspire the squad to dream.....again. 

Yeah but we haven't been doing it away. First halves V Chelsea and Utd were horror shows. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Hope you've got a bucket to hold all that jizz

it'll probably just be them hyping up kane and claiming he meant to hit it into the ground to chip Schmeichel and then them talking about how hard done by tottenham were on the VAR decision and then a token few minutes of analysis on the good game Maddison had, concluding with Murphy (If on) talking about him moving to another club!  SO predictable.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think that is very harsh! He pressed a lot in combination with Vardy. Just note that the way we press is not as insane as Liverpool so you can usually see Vardy as the highest one up, then it was Tielemans, then Barnes and Perez. That's so that if the opponents beat the press we aren't completely screwed, and Spurs are a team that knows how to beat a press.

I am not going to say Tielemans was brilliant today, he was probably a 6 or 7 out of 10. But he was still decent and he remains one of our best creators and attacking threats. Sometimes he loses the ball, but it's usually because he's going for a forward pass.

That said I will say that I feel this season Maddison has overtaken him in terms of performance level. But that we have started the season so well and yet to have see Tielemans hit top form surely bodes very well for us. There's a lot more to come from our team potentially!

Yes & No.!!

Its because we have Tielemans,that Maddison can thrive on the front foot und Show his skills.  I find many fans are missing the point...its Not the individual,Nor

the 1st eleven...Our First team Covers 14-16, different but high  quality players,with 2nd Phase Cover down the line...

Tielemans  is the fallback,or the link from the back.he covers the front 3, and Drives forward ,or the get out for our DM,or a defender.....Its his around quality,consistently & steadying of our midfield,that failed these last seasons. Tielemans purpose was a totally different need und scenario last season,to this seasons new Base for the ( near) future developement...

8 hours ago, KingKoala said:

It's obviously better with 1 DM and Maddison not on the wing:scarf:

Hopefully BR will persist with this line-up for coming games.

We really need a few other lineups that work. 2DMs against Man City and Liverpool. I agree it does not work on any weaker teams. Perhaps we go the other direction and go 2 strikers or 3 AMs, more positive could work on the deep block

8 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Ayoze was a yard offside when Tielemans hit the shot, followed in to try and score when Gazzaniga spilt it. Offside was the call 👍

But onside by the time gazzaniga spilled it, thought this would be second phase of play, obviously I need to brush up on the rules. 

Just now, easilee said:

I've read no posts as yet but the more I watch replays......Ndidi's goal should have stood.

Cannot see anything that slow-mo to tell me any different.

Anyone out there to break it down to me and point to the contrary ?

What? 

Perez is offside when Tielemans shoots. 

What did you watch lol

Just now, easilee said:

I've read no posts as yet but the more I watch replays......Ndidi's goal should have stood.

Cannot see anything that slow-mo to tell me any different.

Anyone out there to break it down to me and point to the contrary ?

Perez was offside when the original shot was struck. The end.