Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

POST MATCH: Leicester City 2 Tottenham 1

11 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

:claudio:

1122569111_Screenshot2019-09-21at17_20_05.thumb.png.df13b33c3798c13a315aba0dd8bda21b.png

9 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Screenshot 2019-09-21 at 17.21.10.png

Love how the first guy is complaining about VAR and his profile pic is poch celebrating after a lucky VAR win!! (v Man City, I think)

Then the second guy calls our fans scum... and in his profile it says 'scumbags of the revolution'

What are these guys on?!

• Haha 1

Like Norwich, Leicester have had their big day and even bigger result.
That’s their season over as it won’t get any better for them.

Norwich with giant killing last week and Leicester this week.
Shit happens but at least I will never have to go to a game and watch our fans use plastic clappers.

Think we have had bigger seasons actually 

• Haha 1

That performance the antithesis of last week. There was belief, ambition and aggression in our game with a real touch of quality.

VAR's done us a huge favour today mind but I don't think it was hard on Tottenham for us to win that game. I think we edged it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

He does and that’s why Rodgers doesn’t play the system all the time. It’s frustrating for us fans but when under the kosh Hamza came on and saw the game out. 

But he got the balance right today. It’s not a case of playing one system - it’s changing it during the game based on what’s happening:

- Starts with 4141 with Maddison and Tielemans in the middle to create and take the game to the opposition. Spurs started better but it did work. 

- 442 diamond with Barnes up front and Maddison as a 10 supported by Praet and Tielemans. Used to create lots of chances against a low block. It got us the equaliser. 

- 4231 with two holding mids in the final 10 to shore up the back. Rewarded by putting Gray on first with a goal for Maddison by not locking the door right away. 

We we have a good squad and manager to do this now which is very promising. And we know we can better too! Very encouraging. 

Cheers for this.... I couldn't work out what was going on in the second half but definitely felt more controlled and less open to their counter.