Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

POST MATCH: Leicester City 2 Tottenham 1

Thought our corners were a bit odd yesterday. A couple were too floaty to generate any real threat and one sent back to Ricardo who seemed surprised it was heading his way.

Send them in with pace towards the near post, players disperse to the front and back posts and go from there. I don't dislike short corners totally but we don't execute them well.

1 hour ago, ian_marshall said:

Re: Spurs off side. Anyone else think that the images shown on the screen inside the stadium appeared more convincing than the image shown by the media? Looking at the screen in the ground immediately after the decision I thought Son clearly appeared to be off side. 

I thought exactly the same thing. There was an image on motd during the game where they stopped the play and Son looked more offside than the VAR image. 

21 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

What an entertaining game .. 

Easy MC don’t get carried away ! ...   :)

Tbf I imagine you watched it on the TV but you had to be there for this one ..   even the commentator said  ‘the roof nearly came off’ ...   which reminded me of our title winning season ...   it was that good/exciting that I actually hugged the miserable smelly old cvnt that sits next to me ! ...    

tbh though I did hold my nose  ...    :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He was ........... so as soon as he touches it he is offside ....  can’t believe it took them so long to chalk it off .....that was poor 

Ok fair enough. I only caught a short glimpse of it. Wasn't sure if it was him or not. Thanks for clearing that up.

6 minutes ago, Danizen said:

I've made a return to my favourite ever Twitter search. It's been a whileScreenshot_20190922-121313_Twitter.thumb.jpg.44795a04d322eda57d5aaadb1a2c5768.jpg

I wonder how many people that Stephen Submarine actually battered in Leicester, if that’s him in the profile picture I’m guessing 0 but a few cowardly digs at someone who’s back was turned. Looks like a Saturday night hero giving it the big’un from behind the pack shouting hold me back hold me back and would piss his pants if the pack opened.

I'm sure the spurs fans were singing VAR my lord at one point yesterday before that son offside decision.

As for that decision, it seems harsh but an offside is an offside. You can't be just offside - it's either a yes or no decision. I'm not saying the technology is perfect as the exact moment the ball is played is also subjective, but it's an improvement from linesman making absolute howlers in missing some obvious offsides. However, it did not affect the result as the Ndidi goal was also given before VAR intervened. 

5 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

I wonder how many people that Stephen Submarine actually battered in Leicester, if that’s him in the profile picture I’m guessing 0 but a few cowardly digs at someone who’s back was turned. Looks like a Saturday night hero giving it the big’un from behind the pack shouting hold me back hold me back and would piss his pants if the pack opened.

Think there is only one thing young Stephen is battering with his mummy wondering why they use so much Andrex

Guest Markyblue
5 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

To be honest i think most of our women would take the f..kwit on.

13 hours ago, WigstonWanderer said:

I honestly think that the only way to beat either of these teams is to really go at them. High risk strategy though.

I think you have to go into those games with a high risk goal scoring attitude as you can't expect to hold wither of these teams to nil.  You have to score more than them that is all.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Is it me or does that VAR replay for our goal, clearly show Perez being fouled by the keeper? Before one of the 'offside' players touches it? It didn't look like Perez was one of the two offside, although I agree N'Didi was. 

He was fouled, definitely but he was also offside before mate. But I am over it now and glowing in the light of our glorious victory over those rotten Spuds. Lol

Spurs fans are some of the thickest people on the entire ****ing planet. How can VAR have taken 3 points away from them - when it stopped them going one down? Doesn't matter that Perez was a yard offside if the linesman doesn't notice - VAR saved them there. They genuinely think they are hard done by by refs, while their team is punching the ball into the net, or Moussa Dembele is gouging peoples eyes, or Delle Alli is punching people off the ball and diving 50 times a game while getting away with it. Awful club, awful team, awful fans. A genuine stain on football as a whole.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Thank you. I'm not even vaguely offended by that tackle. As several people said he slipped, and he's not even trying to catch Maddison.

In fairness I was convinced it was nasty at the time.

Having seem that you could argue a yellow was harsh.

Was gray's similar to the youri one a few weeks back?

50 minutes ago, orangecity23 said:

Spurs fans are some of the thickest people on the entire ****ing planet. How can VAR have taken 3 points away from them - when it stopped them going one down? Doesn't matter that Perez was a yard offside if the linesman doesn't notice - VAR saved them there. They genuinely think they are hard done by by refs, while their team is punching the ball into the net, or Moussa Dembele is gouging peoples eyes, or Delle Alli is punching people off the ball and diving 50 times a game while getting away with it. Awful club, awful team, awful fans. A genuine stain on football as a whole.

They are quite literally the dirtiest side in Premier League history - in that Chelsea match they received a record NINE yellow cards.

One player received a 6 match ban for his conduct.

They got a £225,000 fine from the FA. 

And the only reason their dirtiest player didn't get booked is because he was already serving a 3 match ban for punching someone. 

5 hours ago, theessexfox said:

A booking can be reviewed as a red card offence. Anyway, wasn't even a foul for me, superb tackle.

Which makes the Tielemans decision v Bournemouth (and the Bournemouth player) even more strange! One reviewed by VAR, not even a booking. The other not even reviewed by VAR.

Both should have been sent off for very reckless tackles.