Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

POST MATCH: Leicester City 2 Tottenham 1

5 hours ago, Tanya said:

The formation was brilliant. The only way you beat a team like Spurs is to take the game to them.

My only criticism of Rodgers is that he should have taken Madders off. He couldn't run. No need to aggravate the injury further.

If madders had come off we would have been down to ten men as we had used all our subs

Having looked at the second VAR decision back once again, shouldn't the red line be taken from where the yellow line I've added in is?

image.png.52e8776fa86a28c681b8ab8c3020da2a.png

It felt at the time that they were looking for any justification to make it as awkward as possible to give it the other way.

If someone could clear this up, I would appreciate it.  :thumbup:

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Having looked at the second VAR decision back once again, shouldn't the red line be taken from where the yellow line I've added in is?

It felt at the time that they were looking for any justification to make it as awkward as possible to give it the other way.

The lines drawn from the most advance part of the player that can legally play the ball... Arm would be a handball so shoulder is where they take it from 

2 minutes ago, ashmanlee said:

The lines drawn from the most advance part of the player that can legally play the ball... Arm would be a handball so shoulder is where they take it from 

Technically though, the very tip of his should is a legal body part, which is where the yellow line is drawn.

It's a moot point anyway, let the fighting cock pick it apart. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Some help with the colours would be useful as I'm one of the colourblind people who football authorities routinely pretend don't exist. From the centre bottom of the picture, are there two lines, one red(?), one blue (?) going up to the top right corner?

• Like 1

Just now, wardyfox86 said:

Technically though, the very tip of his should is a legal body part, which is where the yellow line is drawn.

It's a moot point anyway, let the fighting cock pick it apart. 

It is now but had it gone the other way, together with that ridiculous lunge by Sissoko in the first half that went unchecked, and I'd still be an angry man.  lol

1 minute ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Some help with the colours would be useful as I'm one of the colourblind people who football authorities routinely pretend don't exist. From the centre bottom of the picture, are there two lines, one red(?), one blue (?) going up to the top right corner?

Yep :) 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

Correct. So as you can see, he's miles off :ph34r:

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

By the law, I'd have thought so.

I've always thought though that offside should be from the feet, because a forward attack goal is going to be leaning goalward and a defender going forward is going to be leaning towards the halfway line, so that although they're actually level as far as where their motion is coming from, they will look like the attacker has a couple of feet advantage.

But maybe that's just me.

4 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

It is now but had it gone the other way, together with that ridiculous lunge by Sissoko in the first half that went unchecked, and I'd still be an angry man.  lol

How does Sissoko get away with his routine off-the-ground 2-footed lunges from 6 feet away? Even if he takes the ball first it's irrelevant;  anyone competing whole-heartedly for that ball is liable to have his ankle broken.

3 minutes ago, deep blue said:

How does Sissoko get away with his routine off-the-ground 2-footed lunges from 6 feet away? Even if he takes the ball first it's irrelevant;  anyone competing whole-heartedly for that ball is liable to have his ankle broken.

I've no idea.  VAR should have been used to review this challenge imo.

I've had a look at the rules which say:

"VAR will be used only for “clear and obvious errors” or “serious missed incidents” in four match-changing situations: goals; penalty decisions; direct red-card incidents; and mistaken identity."

Furthermore:

"Only the referee, who can inform the VAR that a decision should be reviewed."

Seems a contradiction to me.  Why would a referee make a clear and obvious error and then overturn himself moments later?

Someone should have reviewed the challenge, if there was nothing coming of it fair enough, but just to let it go and wave a yellow felt like a big injustice in the heat of the moment.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, deep blue said:

It's an unpopular opinion, but I think it's clear his standing foot slipped. 

Did it not happen with Vardy a few seasons back and our fans were livid. Sure it got overturned. 

Correct decision for me. 

Edited by wardyfox86
  • Like 1

Surely to be able to draw a line accurately you would need to be looking precisely across the line which would require thousands of cameras along the touchlines. That camera angle is a random angle creating about a 30 degree angle for the line, but without knowing the precise angle I don't see how they can measure it accurately. 

It's like someone's just used the line tool in Microsoft Paint and guessed.

Sometimes MOTD use that virtual world (a bit like Hawkeye in Tennis) where you can see the position of players/ the ball from any position on the pitch. Not sure how accurate it is but surely using that would be more accurate.

31 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I think that is very harsh! He pressed a lot in combination with Vardy. Just note that the way we press is not as insane as Liverpool so you can usually see Vardy as the highest one up, then it was Tielemans, then Barnes and Perez. That's so that if the opponents beat the press we aren't completely screwed, and Spurs are a team that knows how to beat a press.

I am not going to say Tielemans was brilliant today, he was probably a 6 or 7 out of 10. But he was still decent and he remains one of our best creators and attacking threats. Sometimes he loses the ball, but it's usually because he's going for a forward pass.

That said I will say that I feel this season Maddison has overtaken him in terms of performance level. But that we have started the season so well and yet to have see Tielemans hit top form surely bodes very well for us. There's a lot more to come from our team potentially!

ya he was paired with Vardy up there but still for me he was kinda lazy and Vardy had always to point him what to do,who to press

i mean i like they guy,he is talented and does well but the hype he got in last season was too much

Maddison was always ahead of him for me

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The argument is that Maddison shouldn't have been out there at all, since he was offering nothing and could do more harm than good.  Indeed, you saw Praet spot him and pass him the ball, only to surrender possession because Maddison was totally immobile.

I think had he been seriously injured he would have gone off, however with him occupying the centre circle it meant he had to be marked which didn't allow them to push that extra man forward. 

5 hours ago, ozleicester said:

That is superb.. mind you, tis ugly... looks like 80s hypercolour Leicester star James Maddison was snapped wearing this outrageous looking Louis Vuitton backpack

Looks like it's going through an airport

x-ray scanner.  lol

8 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Surely to be able to draw a line accurately you would need to be looking precisely across the line which would require thousands of cameras along the touchlines. That camera angle is a random angle creating about a 30 degree angle for the line, but without knowing the precise angle I don't see how they can measure it accurately. 

It's like someone's just used the line tool in Microsoft Paint and guessed.

Sometimes MOTD use that virtual world (a bit like Hawkeye in Tennis) where you can see the position of players/ the ball from any position on the pitch. Not sure how accurate it is but surely using that would be more accurate.

I'm pretty sure they have multiple cameras, all at different angles, they show just one of many.