Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

POST MATCH: Leicester City 2 Tottenham 1

1 hour ago, Line-X said:

Neither do I. I thought he was excellent. What's your point?

Just that I thought he had a reasonable enough game! I'm not contending anything. It seemed like a fair start point while we're debating the ref's decisions.

I think we broadly agree with one another. I didn't see any red cards out there today but maintain that there are refs who'd have taken harsher action with a couple of things. Wrongly, in my view (and yours, obviously), but there are grey areas.

8 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Can someone explain why our goal was disallowed as at first they said it was off side then they said ayoze was hindering the keeper.

The referee indicated it was for offside after the check, as he did with Spuds’s ‘goal’.

TBH, from L1 it looked clear from my position that Son was offside and I was confident that the goal would be overturned. I was surprised they took so long to disallow it at the game, but even more so at the image they used to disallow it as that makes it looks so tight. Like I say from my position it was a clear offside.

• Like 1

That Spurs offside was ridiculous lol but that makes the victory greater. 

We saw again why Rodgers has been using two defensive midfielders, Ndidi struggled and they were picking up spaces running at our back 4. But we also saw how much better we are going forwards. Could easily have lost, although I thought a 2-0 deficit would have been harsh. 

Best game I've seen from Maddison in a long time. 

3rd having already played Chelsea, Spurs and United. Got to be satisfied with that, now we see how we overcome challenge of playing the shit teams. 

8 hours ago, Raw Dykes said:

Well, that's not a complete sentence, so I think someone's made a mistake. I agree that a ref is unlikely to want to ask someone to check if he's messed up, but I'm not sure he's the only one who's allowed to do that.

Complete version below, taken from the Premier League website:

image.png.c16d88c448da01bf7b440993e5796863.png

So, from the looks of it, much of the way in which the VAR is implemented can still favour the so-called big clubs.

My VAR Offside hot take:

I think the image they used which was soooooo marginal (but Offside by the letter of the law), actually gives the advantage to Spurs.

Look at where the ball is in the now infamous image, it has yet too leave the Spurs player’s foot, therefore the next frame the ball would probably be after the ball has gone, therefore in the world of minuscule decisions Son would have been even further offside on the correct non-existent frame.

Exhibit A:

C12D663C-8980-48BF-A129-0B44CFF460D8.jpeg

Edited by Phube
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Phube said:

My VAR Offside hot take:

I think the image they used which was soooooo marginal (but Offside by the letter of the law), actually gives the advantage to Spurs.

Look at where the bell is in the now infamous image, it has yet too leave the Spurs player’s foot, therefore the next frame the ball would probably be after the ball has gone, therefore in the world of minuscule decisions Son would have been even further offside on the correct non-existent frame.

Exhibit A:

C12D663C-8980-48BF-A129-0B44CFF460D8.jpeg

You mean Harry Kane?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, LCFCSOULBOY said:

Commentators on about the VAR result for the Spuds took the sails out of them. That's life, what about out VAR decision we didn't crumble. Sod them. 

Is it me or does that VAR replay for our goal, clearly show Perez being fouled by the keeper? Before one of the 'offside' players touches it? It didn't look like Perez was one of the two offside, although I agree N'Didi was. 

13 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

Is it me or does that VAR replay for our goal, clearly show Perez being fouled by the keeper? Before one of the 'offside' players touches it? It didn't look like Perez was one of the two offside, although I agree N'Didi was. 

He was ........... so as soon as he touches it he is offside ....  can’t believe it took them so long to chalk it off .....that was poor 

11 hours ago, Collymore said:

Yeah but we haven't been doing it away. First halves V Chelsea and Utd were horror shows. 

We lost 1-0 at Old Trafford, and we could all argue that their wouldn’t be many complaints from either side if it had ended a draw, despite a below par performance.  We drew at Stamford Bridge, in which Lampard would have been delighted to survive the onslaught at the end and come away with a point, and we beat Sheffield Utd away. 

Bit negative there Stanley. 

6 minutes ago, stix said:

We lost 1-0 at Old Trafford, and we could all argue that their wouldn’t be many complaints from either side if it had ended a draw, despite a below par performance.  We drew at Stamford Bridge, in which Lampard would have been delighted to survive the onslaught at the end and come away with a point, and we beat Sheffield Utd away. 

Bit negative there Stanley. 

I was just trying to point out that those games we didn't start with a mindset like you mentioned in your post. 

It's alright for Madders to talk the talk but I'll truely believe they believe when we control a game against the top 6 on their yard.

Won one, lost one and drawn one against last season's top 6 with the win and the draw coming against two of last season's top 4.

If we continue this way we're showing the right credentials for a top 6 or even top 4 finish.

We do have to make sure we beat the teams lower down the division and those others who are aiming to challenge the top 6 as well. Shrugging off the Bournemouth hoodoo is a good start and that win against Sheff Utd is looking better by the week.

:scarf::chant:

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

I was just trying to point out that those games we didn't start with a mindset like you mentioned in your post. 

It's alright for Madders to talk the talk but I'll truely believe they believe when we control a game against the top 6 on their yard.

We dominated Chelsea for 70 odd minutes at Stamford Bridge. No team will do what you’re asking Leicester to do when they come to the King Power this season. Not even Man City or Liverpool. 

2 minutes ago, stix said:

We dominated Chelsea for 70 odd minutes at Stamford Bridge. No team will do what you’re asking Leicester to do when they come to the King Power this season. Not even Man City or Liverpool. 

You don’t think Man City will control the game at our place for 70% of the time min?   love it if you’re right but I have my doubts.

2 minutes ago, stix said:

...but we didn't win. 

Anyway, I'm very happy with our start and proud of the team. I'm just playing devil's advocate as don't want us to get carried away.  Even Rodgers has said there's loads we need to improve on. 

Just now, Collymore said:

...but we didn't win. 

Anyway, I'm very happy with our start and proud of the team. I'm just playing devil's advocate as don't want us to get carried away.  Even Rodgers has said there's loads we need to improve on. 

Oh absolutely there is. 

We’re so sloppy at times, we generally do start badly, and get punished because of that. I think the point I was making is that (and I have only heard it from Maddison to be honest, but he said it before yesterday as well) confidence is high in the dressing room despite dominating teams and coming away with less than we maybe deserved on occasion. It’s very rare that players when asked those kinds of questions, answer truthfully, it’s always ‘one step at a time’ etc. I just found his comments very enthusiastic and encouraging. 

• Like 1