Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

City's disallowed goal

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

Law 11 Offside

Offside position

It is not an offence to be in an offside position.

A player is in an offside position if:
  • any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
  • The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.
A player is not in an offside position if level with the:
  • second-last opponent or
  • last two opponents

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • interfering with an opponent by:
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • challenging an opponent for the ball or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

*The first point of contact of the 'play' or 'touch' of the ball should be used

or
  • gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:
  • rebounded or been deflected off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent
  • been deliberately saved by any opponent
  • A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

Surely once the goalkeeper saved the shot, all leicester players are deemed onside?

The rule is unclear, as to what constitutes "active play"

If it ever was a goak correctly ruled out by VAR, then it was this one.

Perez was already offside by a mile as the ball came back to him. Clear advantage and nothing to moan about.

Can't believe you posted this one, especially today where Spurs had one disallowed for a couple of mm.

Edited by That_Dude

18 minutes ago, treer said:

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

Law 11 Offside

Offside position

• any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line) and
  • any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent
  • The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered.
  • last two opponents

Offside offence

A player in an offside position at the moment the ball is played or touched* by a team-mate is only penalised on becoming involved in active play by:
  • interfering with play by playing or touching a ball passed or touched by a team-mate or
  • preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or
  • clearly attempting to play a ball which is close when this action impacts on an opponent or
  • making an obvious action which clearly impacts on the ability of an opponent to play the ball

or
  • gaining an advantage by playing the ball or interfering with an opponent when it has:
  • A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by any opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage.

Surely once the goalkeeper saved the shot, all leicester players are deemed onside?

I am pretty sure that the Spurs keeper counts as an opponent

Edited by moore_94

There’s no doubt in my mind that according to the current Laws of the game it’s offside.

But I do believe that with all these changes and tweeks to the offside law they seem to have forgotten what I always believed was the reason for it’s introduction - To stop players “goal hanging”. Because no way was that anything like goal hanging.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, treer said:

Law 11 Offside

Offside position

• last two opponents

Offside offence

or

No it’s offside, basic rule knowledge any football fan should posses tbh.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LinekersLugs said:

Spurs goal that was chalked off was a disgrace if that happened to us I’d expect a riot 

It looked it in a certain way I am assuming they used the tech and it showed some part of Son mm offside.

I’d be pissed off if it was us though as I was with the England goal in the nations league.

• Like 1

Just now, Manwell Pablo said:

It looked it in a certain way I am assuming they used the tech and it showed some part of Son mm offside.

I’d be pissed off if it was us though as I was with the England goal in the nations league.

If they're consistent with the rule I'm fine with it. You'll get some that go for you and some against. If theyr'e adamant that if VAR shows that any goalscoring part of you is off the goal will be disallowed then they have done their job correctly today

1 minute ago, Foxes1 said:

If it had been last season it would have counted even with 5 players offside the linesman should have gone to specs avers but obviously didnt

A little harsh as half a second later they were all on again. Easy to make the call with a freeze frame in real time it’s a different matter.