fuchsntf Posted 22 September 2019 Posted 22 September 2019 Just thought it might warrant its own Topic,for easy reference... I myself have no worries,but have seen several UK TV advertisements, suggesting would be Travellers to inform themselves,for holidays and travel after October this year.. Are there Major concerns,Organisational or difficulty wise..?? Anybody Experience problems for future planned Overseas excursions.....??
twoleftfeet Posted 22 September 2019 Posted 22 September 2019 My wife has a motorability car and has already been given a green card for insurance in europe for the last brexit date. Just to let people know we got a speeding fine in france last year in October that took 6 months to reach us.
Trav Le Bleu Posted 22 September 2019 Posted 22 September 2019 I saw that you should check your passport if it will be valid in the EU, which I find bizarre. I've never travelled outside the EU, but I've never heard you need a different passport to travel to other places. Visas for some places, obviously, but that's in addition, it's not another passport. Anyone shed some light? Edit: seems it's just that you'll need 6 months left on your passport. If you have less, you'll need to renew. Won't affect me for a while, but I think it's annoying. You pay for a 10 yr passport, not a 9 yr 6 mths one. Edit edit: unless you're going to Ireland, in which case this doesn't apply. Edit edit edit: This is all assuming no deal brexit. Edit edit edit edit: So keep checking every day cos' who frikking knows?!
Jattdogg Posted 22 September 2019 Posted 22 September 2019 1 hour ago, Trav Le Bleu said: I saw that you should check your passport if it will be valid in the EU, which I find bizarre. I've never travelled outside the EU, but I've never heard you need a different passport to travel to other places. Visas for some places, obviously, but that's in addition, it's not another passport. Anyone shed some light? Edit: seems it's just that you'll need 6 months left on your passport. If you have less, you'll need to renew. Won't affect me for a while, but I think it's annoying. You pay for a 10 yr passport, not a 9 yr 6 mths one. Edit edit: unless you're going to Ireland, in which case this doesn't apply. Edit edit edit: This is all assuming no deal brexit. Edit edit edit edit: So keep checking every day cos' who frikking knows?! I believe they do this because its possible to stay in places for 6 months without a visa before you must return or leave the country. So if you could stay in say Canada for 6 months without a visa, your passport has 5 months left then clearly you'd be travelling on an expired passport OR might stay. Something like that. Bit silly if your ticket returns before it expires but is what it is.
urban.spaceman Posted 23 September 2019 Posted 23 September 2019 I’ll definitely be getting an Irish passport.
Strokes Posted 23 September 2019 Posted 23 September 2019 7 hours ago, urban.spaceman said: I’ll definitely be getting an Irish passport. Mmmmmm a whiskey infused passport.
kingcarr21 Posted 23 September 2019 Posted 23 September 2019 I believe your 6 months gets added onto your next passport anyway so you still get 10 years
The People's Hero Posted 23 September 2019 Posted 23 September 2019 Wife is looking to book to go to Disney in France next year. I'm not overly keen but clearly I'll lose this 'discussion'. What should we be aware of?
Jon the Hat Posted 23 September 2019 Posted 23 September 2019 15 minutes ago, The People's Hero said: Wife is looking to book to go to Disney in France next year. I'm not overly keen but clearly I'll lose this 'discussion'. What should we be aware of? Make sure your passports will have 6 months to run when you arrive in France. Simple as that.
outfoxed77 Posted 23 September 2019 Posted 23 September 2019 1 hour ago, The People's Hero said: Wife is looking to book to go to Disney in France next year. I'm not overly keen but clearly I'll lose this 'discussion'. What should we be aware of? Watch out for that Daffy Duck, he's a right snidey ****er.
BKLFox Posted 23 September 2019 Posted 23 September 2019 2 hours ago, The People's Hero said: Wife is looking to book to go to Disney in France next year. I'm not overly keen but clearly I'll lose this 'discussion'. What should we be aware of? That you will go on 1 ride then spend the rest of the trip looking for a food group that is not brown or a varient of brown in colour
The People's Hero Posted 23 September 2019 Posted 23 September 2019 17 minutes ago, BKLFox said: That you will go on 1 ride then spend the rest of the trip looking for a food group that is not brown or a varient of brown in colour Yeah I really don't want to go. Its a lot of money, too.
Strokes Posted 23 September 2019 Posted 23 September 2019 2 hours ago, outfoxed77 said: Watch out for that Daffy Duck, he's a right snidey ****er. Donald?
z-layrex Posted 23 September 2019 Posted 23 September 2019 4 hours ago, The People's Hero said: Yeah I really don't want to go. Its a lot of money, too. Disney Paris is absolutely shit.
cambridgefox Posted 23 September 2019 Posted 23 September 2019 9 hours ago, kingcarr21 said: I believe your 6 months gets added onto your next passport anyway so you still get 10 years I think they have been a bit crafty and decided not to add them on now( Sept 18)
fuchsntf Posted 23 September 2019 Author Posted 23 September 2019 5 hours ago, Strokes said: Donald? Here you are...
kingcarr21 Posted 24 September 2019 Posted 24 September 2019 14 hours ago, fuchsntf said: Here you are... That is awful
fuchsntf Posted 24 September 2019 Author Posted 24 September 2019 7 hours ago, kingcarr21 said: That is awful Actually..its b!oody horrible..
oxford blue Posted 26 September 2019 Posted 26 September 2019 On 23/09/2019 at 08:48, kingcarr21 said: I believe your 6 months gets added onto your next passport anyway so you still get 10 years I read this has changed - so you only get 10 years from application date
FoxesDeb Posted 26 September 2019 Posted 26 September 2019 1 hour ago, oxford blue said: I read this has changed - so you only get 10 years from application date Yes, we went away in April just before Brexit was due to happen and the extra added on to my passport didn't count so I had to renew it before we went, even though it had months left
ozleicester Posted 27 September 2019 Posted 27 September 2019 On 23/09/2019 at 17:52, The People's Hero said: Wife is looking to book to go to Disney in France next year. I'm not overly keen but clearly I'll lose this 'discussion'. What should we be aware of? The French
mozartfox Posted 30 September 2019 Posted 30 September 2019 Claim asylum in Germany and get yourself a card that allows you to travel all over the Schengen Countries without a Visa. Post Brexit my rights living in Austria are inferior to that of a Syrian Refugee. So working in the UK for 35 years without claiming a single days' un-employment benefit and paying Tax and NI Contributions was well worth it.
Trav Le Bleu Posted 30 September 2019 Posted 30 September 2019 On 26/09/2019 at 21:13, FoxesDeb said: Yes, we went away in April just before Brexit was due to happen and the extra added on to my passport didn't count so I had to renew it before we went, even though it had months left And then Brexit was delayed 6 months, so technically it would have been fine, I guess
FoxesDeb Posted 30 September 2019 Posted 30 September 2019 2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said: And then Brexit was delayed 6 months, so technically it would have been fine, I guess Yep 🙄
oxford blue Posted 30 September 2019 Posted 30 September 2019 6 hours ago, mozartfox said: Claim asylum in Germany and get yourself a card that allows you to travel all over the Schengen Countries without a Visa. Post Brexit my rights living in Austria are inferior to that of a Syrian Refugee. So working in the UK for 35 years without claiming a single days' un-employment benefit and paying Tax and NI Contributions was well worth it. But you still won't need a visa to travel (for stays of up to 90 days). Regarding a right to reside in Austria, that would be dependent upon Austria; EU nationals living in Britain can remain indefinitely (if they apply for settled status by 2020). OtherEU countries have not reciprocated the UK position - it is nothing to with whether you have worked and paid taxes in UK.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.