Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

The Apprentice 2019

50 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Turning more and more farcical. Hope this series redeems itself a bit.

They've let some proper ****ing idiots on in recent years.

I say this every year but I still tune in - it'd be nice if they could strike a balance between people with no common sense and some genuinely strong contenders, though.

I do however, feel a bit sorry for them on it sometimes. They're often tasked with doing things they don't make a living from in a timeframe shorter than people would outside of TV.

Naming a product, coming up with a marketing campaign and a brand (for example) isn't a task that can be completed over four days or so yet that's the sort of thing they're given to work with.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Langston said:

I say this every year but I still tune in - it'd be nice if they could strike a balance between people with no common sense and some genuinely strong contenders, though.

I do however, feel a bit sorry for them on it sometimes. They're often tasked with doing things they don't make a living from in a timeframe shorter than people would outside of TV.

Naming a product, coming up with a marketing campaign and a brand (for example) isn't a task that can be completed over four days or so yet that's the sort of thing they're given to work with.

They can be ridiculously stupid at times though and really don't help themselves lol 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Carina Lepore

Definitely a fart that became a shart as the camera clicked.

Isn’t that the bird off Corrie?! 

More investment for somebody who wants to start a recruitment company at the end of the 12 weeks then, as usual, excellent, just what the market needs, more recruitment businesses. 

4 hours ago, Manini said:

Isn’t that the bird off Corrie?! 

More investment for somebody who wants to start a recruitment company at the end of the 12 weeks then, as usual, excellent, just what the market needs, more recruitment businesses. 

Didn't last year's winner sell swimwear? And the series before that was a tie between recruitment and flogging sweets, year before that someone who baked stuff, before that, a plumbing business. 

Hardly par for the course a recruitment company wins it

2 minutes ago, Langston said:

Didn't last year's winner sell swimwear? And the series before that was a tie between recruitment and flogging sweets, year before that someone who baked stuff, before that, a plumbing business. 

Hardly par for the course a recruitment company wins it

I mean I wasn’t expecting that to be taken literally, it was fairly tongue in cheek. But there’s quite a history between the apprentice and the recruitment industry - Ellie Kay who was on the show, James White who won, I’m fairly certain the Aussie bloke who won did something sort of staffing related too - more often than not there’s a recruiter on the programme. 

Im in the industry myself I’m not just an Apprentice Anorak.