Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

The Bristol Rovers home match 2008

Sorry not got a link

but this is the game when we started back on the up.  1-0 down in League One with a minute left, then two quick fire goals bought us a much needed win.  We then went on an unbeaten run to secure the League One title, had the Thai takeover and the rest is history... what an important result that was 

• Like 2

My mate, a Rovers fan, travelled up by supporters coach, I'd offered to take him by car but he wanted to have a few pints with the Rovers fans. The police kept them in the fosse way services to stop them drinking around the ground, he got to the ground just before kick off, a good following around 3000 Rovers fans I believe, a great last few minutes for us, not so great for my old buddy.

Fryatt scored both goals, Barry Hales came on as a sub, fcuking hell how we've progressed since then. 

11 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Our rise to the peak, whilst acknowledged, is still criminally under spoken. 

It exceeds belief. If it were on Dream Team we'd be scoffing and laughing at it. 

I love my club. 

Tbh, I don't like anyone to associate us with league one. It was a freak one off season in 125 years of history so seems a bit off that we are a club who've 'risen through the leagues'

League one is more relevant for shithouse clubs like forest, who've spent years down there

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Tbh, I don't like anyone to associate us with league one. It was a freak one off season in 125 years of history so seems a bit off that we are a club who've 'risen through the leagues'

League one is more relevant for shithouse clubs like forest, who've spent years down there

Neither do I but the Howard's goal against Leeds that virtually sealed promotion was a great starting point. The years of disappointments going back to wycombe in 2001 and late goals against us banished. Bliss. 

Did what we expected but it was a great cathartic moment. One of our iconic moments even now no question. 

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It's as big a part of our club as anything. 

Can't appreciate the good without the bad. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Neither do I but the Howard's goal against Leeds that virtually sealed promotion was a great starting point. The years of disappointments going back to wycombe in 2001 and late goals against us banished. Bliss. 

Did what we expected but it was a great cathartic moment. One of our iconic moments even now no question. 

Without that feeling surrounding the club, the 'we're better than this' ethos do we make such a run up the leagues? 

I don't think we do. 

4 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Without that feeling surrounding the club, the 'we're better than this' ethos do we make such a run up the leagues? 

I don't think we do. 

Oh absolutely. We were there for a damn good reason. Just saying winning it is what would be expected of us really.

Winning 3 separate leagues in 8 years is something to be cherished.Who else in the big 4 leagues have done it recently?

10 years ago arsenal and man u played in the champions league semi final and we were dreaming of the stars. The weekend just gone was incredible to believe how things have turned out.

I think that was the one when a young lad that we'd signed from Bury? called Nicky Morgan Adams came on and turned us around with a couple of assists. Didn't Bruno Berner score the winner ?? Big celebrations in the Kop and it chucked it down with rain.

Edited by Spudulike
Just checked ... it was a Fryatt double.

51 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

I enjoy watching this goal as part of the excellent pre-match entertainment:)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Nicky Adams

Never met him but he sent me a team photo signed by all of the lads because he was friends with someone who worked with my dad. He wasnt asked for it but just appreciated how much it would mean to a fan, so after hearing about an obscure connection from his mate decided to do it. This was way before players did stuff like this just to look nice on twitter. 

True gent in my eyes. 

• Like 1