Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton (A) pre match

3 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Ladies and gentlemen, i give to you:-

Biggest home win: 9–0, Manchester Unitedv. Ipswich Town (4 March 1995)[118]

Biggest away win: 1–8, Nottingham Forestv. Manchester United (6 February 1999)[118]

"Jury will strike that erroneous leading comment from the record"

Screenshot_20191023-101831_FotMob.jpg

Yup:) the same Newcastle that beat Spurs 1-0 and beat Man U by the same score ( oh, who we lost against by the way) . Unless we get the basics right and take the opposition seriously, sh*t like these results happen. Like I said, basics and energy first, then the class will show. We did that to perfection against Newcastle!:scarf:

Their forum is full of people saying we will trounce them.

i dont like it when that happens, i prefer teams to underestimate us.

27 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Their forum is full of people saying we will trounce them.

i dont like it when that happens, i prefer teams to underestimate us.

1-0 Ings goal written all over now :(

18 minutes ago, DrezZone said:

Their fans keep calling us delusional and dirt bags on their forum. Hopefully we can respond with a battering at St Mary's.

https://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?61371-Saints-v-Leicester-Build-up#.XbBf0FMo9CU

You sure? Largely very complimentary and most seem to be expecting a defeat

Edited by Goober

On 22/10/2019 at 09:13, HighPeakFox said:

An alternative is to play 5 in a midfield arrow head, and no supporting striker with Vardy. So (say) Barnes and Albrighton wide with Maddison and the Belgians central. 

Ndidi? Hopeless, needs dropping, worse than Chilwell 

In other words, I found a rather large flaw in my plan pre-post, but thought I'd be honest and post anyway :)

It might also help other teams realise how terrible he is and how desperate we are to get rid. Putting them off. So yea drop N'didi :ph34r:

Edited by ARTY_FOX
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, DrezZone said:

Some are complimentary, but I don't appreciate those calling Vardy and Rodgers dirt bags and calling the fans delusional.

They were the ones trying to break up the top 6 a few years ago, now we're doing it and they're circling the plughole. It's jealously and nothing more. 

Think our form away needs to improve if we're to challenge the top 4.

Think we've also had the rub with quite a few VAR decisions, Wolves, Spurs and Burnley, with the Liverpool penalty being the exception. 

Need to start Friday with serious intent and not let the Saints get any momentum or let their fans to get behind them. 

We've got a seriously good set of players now and we've got a lot more about us than what we've shown in quite a few games. 

Having said that, I don't think any team in the prem is on fire atm

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Think our form away needs to improve if we're to challenge the top 4.

Think we've also had the rub with quite a few VAR decisions, Wolves, Spurs and Burnley, with the Liverpool penalty being the exception. 

Need to start Friday with serious intent and not let the Saints get any momentum or let their fans to get behind them. 

We've got a seriously good set of players now and we've got a lot more about us than what we've shown in quite a few games. 

Having said that, I don't think any team in the prem is on fire atm

I think our form needs to improve full stop.

We've had a few little periods of lovely football but on the whole, we have been below our potential.

The thing that has us in 3rd is Blind luck, poor opposition play, clinical finishing, and fitness.

Clinical finishing is where we need to improve. We could and should have more goals than we currently do. Imho.

The 3-0 loss to these in 2016-17 just before Claudio’s defenestration was possibly our worst ever TV appearance IMO(  Swansea (a) also being a strong contender) . A comfortable 2 or 3 -0 win will help erase the memory but think a 2-2 could be the outcome after our customary stodgy and aimless first 15 minutes

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, surrifox said:

The 3-0 loss to these in 2016-17 just before Claudio’s defenestration was possibly our worst ever TV appearance IMO(  Swansea (a) also being a strong contender) . A comfortable 2 or 3 -0 win will help erase the memory but think a 2-2 could be the outcome after our customary stodgy and aimless first 15 minutes

Had to google it but now I've learned a new word!  :)

• Thanks 1