Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton (A) pre match

3 hours ago, BrummieFOX said:

Why?

Possession based and run them in to the ground. Albrighton, Tielemans and Maddison all capable of the killer balls we need to Vardy. Praet the water carrier to keep the ball moving and Ndidi his usual self. 

Redmond always makes life difficult. Ward Prowse is quality and Ings is in excellent form, Djenpo and Cedric aren't match fit apparently. Expecting Saints to retain the three man central defence...in August and September the back four had more leaks than the White House. Djenpo and Cedric aren't match fit apparently, 

Last time we played these Puel was crucified for starting two DMs at home, Valery was sent off and despite Wif bundling one in, we couldn't break down a 2 goal deficit in the second half against ten men. Away at St Mary's, Maguire scored that opportunistic late strike to take the win. 

Guest An Sionnach
15 minutes ago, Xen said:

Ward-Prowse has played 202 PL matches. He's scored 4 direct free kicks.

Maddison has played 44 PL matches. He's scored 3 direct free kicks.

No doubt Southampton will try to avoid dangerous free kicks as well. Maddison's f.ks.are better than his penalties. As I said earlier total discipline around and in the box is essential tonight.

Nothing to add here except DON’T LET THEM SCORE FIRST … so here’s a matchday ditty to Ta Ra Ra Boom Dee Ay

They call him Vestergaard            

His mama had a laugh

He popped out half and half

Part donkey, part giraffe

Ha'penny Slab for Saints

Like Lurch in red stripe paint

Virgil Van Dijk he ain’t

(Nothing against him really ... he's all the "Slab" Saints could afford.  And Wilf better stay near him on corners.)

• Like 2

Bit random, and probably off topic a bit, but I’m in Amsterdam at the moment. Any idea what channels (if any) shows Premier League football? There’s a Eredivise game tonight unfortunately which I guess makes my chances even smaller! Always dodgy streams I suppose.

Not after bar recommendations as here with young family.

37 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Nothing to add here except DON’T LET THEM SCORE FIRST … so here’s a matchday ditty to Ta Ra Ra Boom Dee Ay

His mama had a laugh

He popped out half and half

Part donkey, part giraffe

Ha'penny Slab for Saints

Like Lurch in red stripe paint

Virgil Van Dijk he ain’t

(Nothing against him really ... he's all the "Slab" Saints could afford.  And Wilf better stay near him on corners.)

Normally I'd 'like' this, but I'm not comfortable with your rep points going above your post count.

Edited by turtmcfly
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Yeah this. Already blowing a gale down here there's no way we should be putting the ball in the air at all. 

Saints forum said 50+ mph winds and rain.  Wonder if that makes any difference picking the XI?

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

Saints forum said 50+ mph winds and rain.  Wonder if that makes any difference picking the XI?

Presumably not 50mph inside the stadium? Anyway, other than worrying about Ndidi's structural integrity, what difference could it make to the team picked?

1 hour ago, bmouth_fox said:

Bit random, and probably off topic a bit, but I’m in Amsterdam at the moment. Any idea what channels (if any) shows Premier League football? There’s a Eredivise game tonight unfortunately which I guess makes my chances even smaller! Always dodgy streams I suppose.

Not after bar recommendations as here with young family.

I watched us win the league in Amsterdam. :cool:

I googled Sports Bar and went to that. It had a few TV's so maybe one of them will show the Leicester game as there might be a few tourists in there who are more interested in the PL league than the Eredivisie.

40 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Normally I'd 'like' this, but I'm not comfortable with your rep points going above your post count.

I'm giving him a rep point, just to ruin your day :P

3 hours ago, Xen said:

Ward-Prowse has played 202 PL matches. He's scored 4 direct free kicks.

Maddison has played 44 PL matches. He's scored 3 direct free kicks.

Mods!!!

How are people still being allowed to come on here and state things as ridiculous as actual facts.

• Haha 3