Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton (A) pre match

I wonder if Brendan's winger woes will bring about a mild positional change for this game?

Schmeichel 

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Chilwell 

Tielemans Ndidi Maddison

Perez Vardy Barnes 

I'd like to see Perez and Barnes given an opportunity of attacking a bit closer to Vardy. 

It could help them both knock a goal in each. 

Keep Chilwell back a bit, try and ease the pressure on him. 

I just hope the players aren't as confident as most are on here. There are no easy games in this league and we have o be up and fight for every point in every game. Yes, I agree that we should set up to attack, but need to do the basics of hunting down from the front and chasing back as a pack and then let our class show. Get it right and yes we could make a statement, not have our game heads on and it is going to be like going to the dentist! I trust Brendon to kick their butts if they start off badly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Guest Eamonn
On 19/10/2019 at 23:51, TK95 said:

Keep it going lads! Would consider Albrighton for Perez but largely unchanged.

I agree. I can't see how to get Praet in a  without unbalancing the team, even though he deserves to start.

The way to rod Praet in is to drop both wingers (or use one behind Vardy), have Ndidi  in front of the CBs and breaking play up, with Ricardo and Chilwell as wing backs, and a triangle of Praet, Maddison and Tielemans. 

Schmeichel

Evans         Cags

Ndidi

Ricardo                                     Chilwell

Praet 

Tielemans           Maddison

Perez

Vardy

Something like that. Am I mad? :) 

• Sad 1

Guest Eamonn
3 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

The way to rod Praet in is to drop both wingers (or use one behind Vardy), have Ndidi  in front of the CBs and breaking play up, with Ricardo and Chilwell as wing backs, and a triangle of Praet, Maddison and Tielemans. 

Schmeichel

Evans         Cags

Ndidi

Praet 

Perez

Vardy

It's interesting.  it's quite a change, though, for a team that's doing pretty well.  Ricardo and Chilwell would be quiite exposed.

4 hours ago, Danny Clender said:

I wonder if Brendan's winger woes will bring about a mild positional change for this game?

Schmeichel 

Ricardo Soyuncu Evans Chilwell 

Tielemans Ndidi Maddison

Perez Vardy Barnes 

I'd like to see Perez and Barnes given an opportunity of attacking a bit closer to Vardy. 

It could help them both knock a goal in each. 

Keep Chilwell back a bit, try and ease the pressure on him. 

It's all fine apart from Perez. Time for Albrighton to get a chance with Perez on the bench. Had he not cost 30m and been the one signing down to the recommendation of the manager I doubt very much he'd have started so many games. Whilst it's early days and I'm not writing him off it's time to think more of the team and not the individual. He'll get another chance I'm sure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's all fine apart from Perez. Time for Albrighton to get a chance with Perez on the bench. Had he not cost 30m and been the one signing down to the recommendation of the manager I doubt very much he'd have started so many games. Whilst it's early days and I'm not writing him off it's time to think more of the team and not the individual. He'll get another chance I'm sure.

Why is it all fine from Perez? Every single time hes played hes allowed Ricardo to play and or have better games. Perez brings a man with him everytime and Ricardo has the freedom to do what he does because of that. 

Perez not playing... Ricardo doesnt have that good of a game. 

• Like 3

Praet played right side of midfield for Belgium the other week in a 442 so wonder if he could just come in for Perez and played Maddison slightly further forward. He also got a lot of praise for his performance. From glimpses so far he looks a very good player.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, January47 said:

Praet played right side of midfield for Belgium the other week in a 442 so wonder if he could just come in for Perez and played Maddison slightly further forward. He also got a lot of praise for his performance. From glimpses so far he looks a very good player.

We should just play him in the right, no change in formation required.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Let's give Fuchs a chance too 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Schmeichel

Evans         Cags

Ndidi

Praet 

Perez

Vardy

I'll be honest I think Perez is playing a bit too wide in that diagram. Looks like he is in the stands! lol

In all seriousness there's something to be said for starting this way, because whenever Praet comes on / starts, he's looked good (other than against Sheffield United), whereas none of our wingers have been consistently good for 90 minutes yet. That said given our league position I'd probably argue "if it ain't broke, don't fix it."

• Haha 1

big game this. 

playing first on a weekend gives you a chance to go hard and get a win, and these type of "winnable" away games will be the difference between having a pretty good season finishing 6th/7th/8th and having an unreal season and maybe challenging the whole way for the top four. 

we did well to win at sheff u which was a similar game, if we win this i will start getting excited by what's going on this season, especially if we can then cheer on a few other "top 6" teams dropping points over the weekend. if we don't win this it'll all be a bit meh. 

• Like 1

I went to the saints bournemouth game en route to the Milan Derby and sampdoria / Torino game. 

Saints played ok and looked quite good going forward, just their defence is mistake prone. 

Will be a tougher game than expected and they are due a win at home. Hopefully our quality will prevail, but this much is tougher than Sheffield Utd and Chelses imo.