Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Southampton (A) pre match

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Why is it all fine from Perez? Every single time hes played hes allowed Ricardo to play and or have better games. Perez brings a man with him everytime and Ricardo has the freedom to do what he does because of that. 

Perez not playing... Ricardo doesnt have that good of a game. 

Ricardo seemed to manage absolutely fine without him last season.

• Like 4

It is a bit early in the season and I realise we have been away at Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool but I'm a bit concerned re. our away form. We seem far more inhibited than we do at home and were poor 1st half  vs Chelsea, really pretty average at Man Utd and quite lucky to win at Sheffield Utd.

If we are to seriously challenge at the top then our away form has to step up a level or two and games like this need to be won. There is no easy game in this division. They haven't scored many at home and we haven't scored many away. I'm expecting a really tough game and a tight scoreline, 1-0 either way or 1-1.

There's a lot of confidence on here but I'm really not sure we are all that good away from home. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

The way to rod Praet in is to drop both wingers (or use one behind Vardy), have Ndidi  in front of the CBs and breaking play up, with Ricardo and Chilwell as wing backs, and a triangle of Praet, Maddison and Tielemans. 

Schmeichel

Evans         Cags

Ndidi

Ricardo                                     Chilwell

Praet 

Tielemans           Maddison

Perez

Vardy

Something like that. Am I mad? :) 

This will end up with Maddison drifting wide and being not very good once again. 

Love Praet but I'm afraid its impossible to get him in without dropping either Maddison or Tielemans.

I would start the 11 that started v Burnley.

13 minutes ago, KingKoala said:

I would play Perez over Albrighton for this game considering their expected set up of 3 CBs with height.

We should pass on the ground more than putting cross

49 minutes ago, Koke said:

This will end up with Maddison drifting wide and being not very good once again. 

Love Praet but I'm afraid its impossible to get him in without dropping either Maddison or Tielemans.

I would start the 11 that started v Burnley.

Unless there is a.mass injury/illness outbreak, I wouldn't have Perez near the bench, let alone the team.

There are an easy 6-7 midfield and attacking squad players ahead of him.in ability and effectiveness

1 hour ago, reynard said:

It is a bit early in the season and I realise we have been away at Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool but I'm a bit concerned re. our away form. We seem far more inhibited than we do at home and were poor 1st half  vs Chelsea, really pretty average at Man Utd and quite lucky to win at Sheffield Utd.

If we are to seriously challenge at the top then our away form has to step up a level or two and games like this need to be won. There is no easy game in this division. They haven't scored many at home and we haven't scored many away. I'm expecting a really tough game and a tight scoreline, 1-0 either way or 1-1.

There's a lot of confidence on here but I'm really not sure we are all that good away from home. Fingers crossed.

That's because we are yet to play 4-1-4-1 away from home, even vs Sheff Utd we had a mixture of 4-3-3 with Maddison on the wing and the diamond. 

I also have concerns about our away form but if we deploy our best system and personnel it should improve.

Big game on Friday, we've done well there in recent years and they're home form is pretty dire. Same team as vs Burnley IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, reynard said:

What do these games have in common? Maddison on the wing. 4-1-4-1 will be good.

Edited by Nicolo Barella
  • Like 3

26 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Keep it low, play it short, move it fast, no floated or whipped crosses.

(In fact no crosses at all)

image.png.f3a678d9e85d6e9868a9789647d88a48.png

If they play with three centrebacks we'll struggle to break through them with that set up. If we play Barnes over Praet we can make Perez and Barnes play more centrally inside in a regular 4-3-3, each forward has one centreback which will cause them more problems than letting an extra mid roam around.

48 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

We are absolutely Second half FC this year, conceded 6 and scored 5 in the first half, and conceded 2 and scored 11 in the second half

The fitness team deserve a lot of credit for this. Rodgers brought in his own man over the summer - Glenn Driscoll, and his work is clearly paying off. We are able to maintain our intensity and stamina in the second half of games and often finish strong or are able to up a gear past 60 minutes. Of course we need to be able to start like that too, like Liverpool under Rodgers did, but it's definitely the sign of a good team that we are able to pummel teams into submission over time. Against Spurs, Burnley even Liverpool we looked better and better as the game went on, though against Burnley after we went ahead we then threw away the initiative!

• Like 1

An alternative is to play 5 in a midfield arrow head, and no supporting striker with Vardy. So (say) Barnes and Albrighton wide with Maddison and the Belgians central. 

Ndidi? Hopeless, needs dropping, worse than Chilwell 

In other words, I found a rather large flaw in my plan pre-post, but thought I'd be honest and post anyway :)

I don't think we'll see a conservative approach (like other away games) this time. Top teams go away to struggling teams and impose their style of play on the game. The midfield 3 will be ndidi, tielemanns, and maddison. Take your guess on the wingers - I wouldn't be surprised to see Gray in for Barnes. 

10 hours ago, BoyJones said:

I went to the saints bournemouth game en route to the Milan Derby and sampdoria / Torino game. 

Saints played ok and looked quite good going forward, just their defence is mistake prone. 

Will be a tougher game than expected and they are due a win at home. Hopefully our quality will prevail, but this much is tougher than Sheffield Utd and Chelses imo. 

Cheers Geoff

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

They've not won at home yet but are yet to fail to score in a home game under Hasenhuttl.

They've been crap at home for ages Southampton.

Nailed on for this to happen now.....

It's the Leicester way :(

Edited by fox766

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

The fitness team deserve a lot of credit for this. Rodgers brought in his own man over the summer - Glenn Driscoll, and his work is clearly paying off. We are able to maintain our intensity and stamina in the second half of games and often finish strong or are able to up a gear past 60 minutes. Of course we need to be able to start like that too, like Liverpool under Rodgers did, but it's definitely the sign of a good team that we are able to pummel teams into submission over time. Against Spurs, Burnley even Liverpool we looked better and better as the game went on, though against Burnley after we went ahead we then threw away the initiative!

I assume you mean subbing on Morgan.

I'm not keen on this either.  It seems that Rogers will put on Morgan to see out the last quarter if we are facing an aerial threat and has put on a defensive mid like Mendy or Hamza to see out teams that play.  It has worked so far but if the opposition does get the equalizer then they have the momentum to go for a winner and we have fewer options to score ourselves.

That said, if we do take a lead late in the second half then the onus is on the oposition to try to seize the initiative and it is natural for us to try to protect what we have, so Burnley would have gambled and thrown everything they have at us anyway, regardless of Morgan coming on or not.

1 hour ago, fox766 said:

Nailed on for this to happen now.....

It's the Leicester way :(

Which one though, I'm taking them stopping their home run of goals under Hasenhuttl all day.

I'm really quite confident for this weekend. Possibly overly. Really think we'll win it.

19 minutes ago, murphy said:

I assume you mean subbing on Morgan.

I'm not keen on this either.  It seems that Rogers will put on Morgan to see out the last quarter if we are facing an aerial threat and has put on a defensive mid like Mendy or Hamza to see out teams that play.  It has worked so far but if the opposition does get the equalizer then they have the momentum to go for a winner and we have fewer options to score ourselves.

That said, if we do take a lead late in the second half then the onus is on the oposition to try to seize the initiative and it is natural for us to try to protect what we have, so Burnley would have gambled and thrown everything they have at us anyway, regardless of Morgan coming on or not.

I don't have a problem with Morgan coming on, as he did a good job against Sheffield United. But we lost all our composure on Saturday and Soyuncu looked lost. Whereas for the entire game we had comfortably been pinging it between our back 4 when in possession, we started losing it rapidly and it kept coming back to us. At that point we needed our experienced players to get their foot on the ball and keep it, and only Praet really did this.

We will learn from the experience, but we were lucky to get away with the win in the end thanks to VAR. It's to be expected from a young team I suppose, as for example Youri needs to realise in those scenarios he has to be less risky as his poor play led to the cross for the goal that almost was.

• Like 1