Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton 0 - 9 (NINE) Leicester City A Post Match Thread

6 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Watched Pompey quite a bit over the years. Even going in disguise, you feel threatened in their own end by some of their 'senior' fanbase. Millwall loved the 6:57 crew because they were the only travelling firm to actually take it to them at the den. Like Leicester, a large contingent of knuckle draggers. 

Pompey supporters are however amongst, if not the, most loyal and fervent in the country...unlike Saints. 

I was shocked when I had to work on a navy ship down there how scummy the place is , it was like being in the welsh valleys on a Friday night lots of inbred types with Sovs and chains drinking Stella till it leaks out without control 

13 minutes ago, OadbyBlue said:

The women’s World Cup is farrr from the “highest level”😂😂 would help if the keepers actually attempt to save the ball

For arguments sake, it's the highest level of women's football. Unless they can move into the men's game, it's the pinnacle.

13 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

For arguments sake, it's the highest level of women's football. Unless they can move into the men's game, it's the pinnacle.

Its the highest level of women’s football the same way the Papua New Guinean league is the highest level of Papuan football😂 doesn’t mean it’s any good, you can tell from watching it’s a very low standard

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, OadbyBlue said:

Its the highest level of women’s football the same way the Papua New Guinean league is the highest level of Papuan football😂 doesn’t mean it’s any good, you can tell from watching it’s a very low standard

But its still the highest level of that game, what's difficult to grasp about that? There is no higher stage for a female footballer.

4 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Tell some of these Yank morons the significance of the game this weekend FFS 

Too busy obsessing over the average Christian Pulisic. Oh hold on, it was ok when he celebrated his Premier League hat trick, though.

32 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

But its still the highest level of that game, what's difficult to grasp about that? There is no higher stage for a female footballer.

The guy was tryna make out that because in name it’s the “World Cup” it is more prestigious than the men’s premier league

Going back to the game, a few thoughts:

1) I think if anything it underlines rather than contradicts the idea that for the most part we haven’t played that well this season.

In an attacking sense we’ve played large sections of the season without an effective left side. Chilwell and Barnes both have enormous potential and are bound to be inconsistent. They were both superb on Friday and whether they can maintain some decent form may be the difference between us finishing 3rd and 7th this season. Friday demonstrated what we’re capable of with everybody performing to their potential. Back in 2015/16, every player seemed to be playing to their maximum every week, I really think Friday was the first time we’ve put together more than a half of a sustained team performance.

2) Tielemans has scored two goals in the last two games where time has seemed to stand still for him in the penalty area. In a frantic, fast-paced league he seems to have all the time in the world. That’s the difference between good midfield players and great ones. 

3) Beating 10 men is hard, we’ve seen that under countless managers before Rodgers. Since he came in there have been 4 games with a first half red card - we’ve beaten Arsenal 3-0, Newcastle 5-0 and Southampton 9-0 and beaten Burnley 2-1 with 10 players ourselves. That is all about tactics and having a plan to deal with specific (and fairly unlikely) situations.  That we’ve been able to execute those plans so effectively is of massive credit to Rodgers.

5 hours ago, Unabomber said:

Why are Americans crying because we celebrated a 9-0 away premier league win. Do they not realise A. How hard that is and B. Vardy would celebrate having a shit if he had away fans watching him. 

I'm not crying:mad::@:devil: I celebrated every goal:celebrate:. My only regret, as an American, is that we didn't hit Double figures.

This match is like a sugar high for me. I absolutely loved wolfing it down but its been hard for me to savor over the past few days,

It was an unreal event. If there's anything I hope the players retain from this its the confidence level. Belief is everything.

2 minutes ago, Hordriss said:

Southampton supporter here. I registered here a few years ago to send my congrats to you guys and girls after your title win. 

Just wanted to say, once the shock of the game had worn off, well done again. You have a superb team there and I hope you manage to give the "big boys" another bloody nose this season. 

And from the Saints perspective I hope it shocks the team and management into sorting themselves out!

I suppose that, if anything, it might be your watershed moment that saves your season. Better now than after 20 games. Hope that you beat Man City. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

I suppose that, if anything, it might be your watershed moment that saves your season. Better now than after 20 games. Hope that you beat Man City. 

Thanks.  I don't think there's much chance of that, and to top it off we have two games in a row against them!! 

But, at least we can't be worse than we were on Friday!!

Not to take credit away from your guys though - Leicester showed some brilliant attacking movement, and that combined with a back line that was static and ball watching, you get a hatful of goals! 

28 minutes ago, Hordriss said:

Thanks.  I don't think there's much chance of that, and to top it off we have two games in a row against them!! 

But, at least we can't be worse than we were on Friday!!

Not to take credit away from your guys though - Leicester showed some brilliant attacking movement, and that combined with a back line that was static and ball watching, you get a hatful of goals! 

Please don't let Man City break our record.

• Like 1