Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton 0 - 9 (NINE) Leicester City A Post Match Thread

1 hour ago, Hordriss said:

Southampton supporter here. I registered here a few years ago to send my congrats to you guys and girls after your title win. 

Just wanted to say, once the shock of the game had worn off, well done again. You have a superb team there and I hope you manage to give the "big boys" another bloody nose this season. 

And from the Saints perspective I hope it shocks the team and management into sorting themselves out!

You were badly let down by your players. The fans that stayed continued to sing and back the team and were given nothing. 

What do you think of Hassenhuttl? Rumours that he was going to be sacked after Friday, and the players looked like they'd given up which always creates scrutiny, but on Sky this morning a journalist said the board were right behind him. Have you improved since he joined?

1 hour ago, Corky said:

You were badly let down by your players. The fans that stayed continued to sing and back the team and were given nothing. 

What do you think of Hassenhuttl? Rumours that he was going to be sacked after Friday, and the players looked like they'd given up which always creates scrutiny, but on Sky this morning a journalist said the board were right behind him. Have you improved since he joined?

I honestly think he's our best manager since Koeman, but he's inherited a poor squad with some of them on big, long contracts. Also, his assistant left in the summer and hasn't been replaced which can't be helpful. 

He definitely gave us a lift when he joined, but there are some question marks this season.  The biggest issue though is that our squad isn't really good enough. It's pretty sickening when you see the talent that's gone and what we've replaced it with. 

2 hours ago, ithuriel said:

Christ, if that happened it would be funny as hell, feel a bit sorry for the Saints but Arsenal I'd be hitting their Facebook page to take the piss

Really hope we turn up against Arsenal. Obviously their fans will have no respect for us as we are Leicester city so if we turn them over good and proper could make for an excellent night of Arsenal fan TV, ya get me fam.

6 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Just watched the full 90 again. 

The second half was seriously boring.

Only 4 goals.

And there was half an hour between 7 and 8.

Shite.

Where did you watch it? Did you have it recorded? Desperate to watch the full coverage back on TV as it was a bit surreal at the game.

Where were you when Leicester beat Southampton 0-9?

Bleddeh 'ell, tell yer mate...I was in an 'otel wi' no cable/sat tv or wi-fi, missed the whole game...shucks.

Just watched the game via the links here, ta.

We were utterly, sensationally devastating. 

We appear to be like Lewis Hamilton, kings of the rain.

My suggestion here is, to install a sprinkler system high into the Kingpo that allows us to play all home games in a torrential downpour.

We'd just then have to train in ultra hot and dry conditions for the away games, in which, the opposition would seal their stadiums and shine us out with mega bright heat lamps to counter our wet-weather tactics. 

I think this is legal, although it's difficult to confirm. 

Eish, Chilwell delivered his true game and rose to the occasion and what about Perez arriving?, everybody 10 out 10.

15 hours ago, Hordriss said:

I honestly think he's our best manager since Koeman, but he's inherited a poor squad with some of them on big, long contracts. Also, his assistant left in the summer and hasn't been replaced which can't be helpful. 

He definitely gave us a lift when he joined, but there are some question marks this season.  The biggest issue though is that our squad isn't really good enough. It's pretty sickening when you see the talent that's gone and what we've replaced it with. 

No team deserves such a thrashing, but your players just weren't up for it from the very beginning. You could debate whether being able to play with eleven men for 90 minutes would've made a much bigger difference. I guess the score wouldn't have been that high. Then there's the theory that one of your players would've been sent off at some point, anyway...

But what your team lacked that Friday was belief more than anything, as soon as the second goal went in, you lot gave up. Two or three players come out of this with some sort of decency, Redmond or Ward-Prowse, for instance. The rest - sleeping beauties, waiting to be kissed. You also lack a leader figure on the pitch.

Attitude from most of your players was shocking, it felt as if they simply didn't want to be there.

In all fairness, I think at least two of those nine goals were unfortunate in the sense that a Saints players had a touch in it, unfortunately deflecting the ball straight in the path of a Leicester player.

I also think that your team isn't that bad, there's worse in this division still. I don't wish relegation on you lot, as there's nothing personal there. You can and should rebound from this sooner than later.

At least the squad has come clean with the result and will donate their wages to charity.

19 hours ago, Hordriss said:

How is Yoshida stills starter for you?, lol

Read somewhere that we scored more away goals (or maybe the same amount) in one game than Derby County managed in their whole sorry Premier League season last time they were up here.

Just when you thought things couldn't get much better...

26 minutes ago, Stoopid said:

Read somewhere that we scored more away goals (or maybe the same amount) in one game than Derby County managed in their whole sorry Premier League season last time they were up here.

Just when you thought things couldn't get much better...

They scored 8 away goals all season.

20 in total, let in 89 for a GD of -69.

no one put more than 6 past them though,

What would we have beat them by i wonder?

Would love a time machine and the power to make us play them.

Pep Guardiola quoted as saying "The Southampton players who lost 9-0 at home to Leicester City on Friday are "incredible professionals", says Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola."

I think he actually said " are, incredibly, professionals". Makes more sense to me!

11 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Pep Guardiola quoted as saying "The Southampton players who lost 9-0 at home to Leicester City on Friday are "incredible professionals", says Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola."

I think he actually said " are, incredibly, professionals". Makes more sense to me!

Must be their next game. Don't want to piss off the competition in the pre game presser. Wonder how long it took to come up with that talking point.:twitch: