Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton 0 - 9 (NINE) Leicester City A Post Match Thread

7 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Which of our players got assists? I know Barnes and Chilwell got a couple each maybe but what about the others. 

Tried googling but cant seem to find it :( 

Chilwell two, Tielemans one, Barnes one, Albrighton for the penalty, one was from a free-kick, one a rebound from the keeper and two were "set-up" by Southampton players.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ScouseFox said:

btw angus gunn has got to be one of the worst footballers in the history of the game. as amazing as we were i think we would've won 4 or 5-0 if they had a fu cking cardboard cut out in goal instead of him. 

Agree with this. Maddison's free kick was the most 'obviously going to happen' things I've ever seen. It's so central yet he is stood SO far to the left, Maddison couldn't believe his luck. 

27 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

Which of our players got assists? I know Barnes and Chilwell got a couple each maybe but what about the others. 

I'm re watching and Tielemens got a lovely one two assist with Perez for Perez's first goal. 

And might I add.. shit though Saints were, we were unplayable at times. Absolutely dominated down both wings. Tielemens and Ricardo, and Barnes and Chilwell are threats to any team. Then you have two strikers with hatricks and Ndidi and Madders in the middle - plus two solid as rocks CBs.  Plus a very strong bench. I'm mildly optimistic to say the least.

1 minute ago, trabuch said:

I'm re watching and Tielemens got a lovely one two assist with Perez for Perez's first goal. 

And might I add.. shit though Saints were, we were unplayable at times. Absolutely dominated down both wings. Tielemens and Ricardo, and Barnes and Chilwell are threats to any team. Then you have two strikers with hatricks and Ndidi and Madders in the middle - plus two solid as rocks CBs.  Plus a very strong bench. I'm mildly optimistic to say the least.

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Tielemans for Ayoze’s first

vardy, tielemans and Chilwell had no assist for their first half goals

Cheers guys - ran out of reps to thank you.

@trabuchAlso re-watched tbis morning, fantastic performance by everyone really. Apart from the obvious link up play with Ben & Harvey you notice how well Ndidi played and also the simple but class performance from Soyuncu. Still buzzing from the game!

• Like 2

Also, being in Gran Canaria for the last 8 days. 

I've seen Leicester win twice, scoring 11 goals. 

England win egg chasing 1/4 and semi finals. 

And being away with 6 Arsenal fans, trying not to look happy when they lost to Sheff U on Monday, was great. 

Only Pepe's late free kicks soured it a bit on Thursday. 

If Carlsberg did holiday football matches 🍺🍺🌴🌴😄😄🦊🦊

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Were there any Swans last night? 

No!! The Bloody Weather Made them veer-off flight...then a fox got to 9 of them..!!!

.A guy from Turkey,forced a duck on Soton,

Team on south coast,get goosed..

Even the rabbits got in the act...2 hattricks.....Bloody magic!!!

I'm still amazed a Premier League team lost 9-0 at home lol this is mental of epic proportions. How is this even manageable? Even on a truly awful day the result should be 4-0 or 5-0,. At worst. 9-0 is completely unacceptable.

3 hours ago, Suzie the Fox said:

FPL has it as

Chilwell 2

Barnes 1

Tielemans 1

If you count spilled shots as assists like FPL does, then barnes got 2

Edit: i did an oopsie, FPL also counts Vardy's won freekick as an assist

Edited by Nicolo Barella
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

My only regret about this game is that some of the performance and progress from this game could be a false dawn because of how immensely shit Southampton were.

You do not win 9-0 away from home in arguably the best league in the world unless you are a proper team. Enjoy it for what it is. I sit opposite a Spurs fan and hope they get battered by Liverpool so I can laud it all week over him. 

A hopefully very minor and insignificant point, but thought it was pretty unprofessional of Andre Marriner to only add 2 minutes injury time at the end of the second half. Yes, it was a humiliation and the game was long over but this wasn't a cup game, goal difference matters. There were 4 goals, one of which was a penalty, and 3 substitutions during the second half, so there should obviously have been more than 2 minutes added on.

Actually the penalty was during added time so forget that. Still, 3 goals and 3 subs should give more than 2 minutes.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 2