Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton 0 - 9 (NINE) Leicester City A Post Match Thread

35 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

We won a match, a top flight match, by 9 goals away from home - the biggest away victory ever since 1888 or whenever the football league started - and you're saying we shouldn't celebrate it?

If someone got me this for Christmas then it'd be a welcomed addition to my LCFC DVD collection.

writing my letter to Santa as we speak. Gutted that I did not actually record it at the time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

We won a match, a top flight match, by 9 goals away from home - the biggest away victory ever since 1888 or whenever the football league started - and you're saying we shouldn't celebrate it?

If someone got me this for Christmas then it'd be a welcomed addition to my LCFC DVD collection.

There's a difference between celebrate and memorialize. :) To each his own.

If I buy a dvd its going to be about a trophy or even a season of finishing 2 points short of the title. Certainly not beating someone within an inch of their lives.

No pleasure in that for me.

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

Madness considering we don't produce season review anymore.

Sad as that's something I'd actually want to have. Provided we make the Champions League. :ph34r:

I watched it live (spazzing with the sheer joy of it), and recorded it, too.  Watched it again (pretty much joy).  Then watched several of our goals one more time.  Lovely.  But not worth watching the whole 90’ against a demoralized ten man side over and over.

Then I erased it.  Onward and upward.  We still have Everton home May '16 and (most of) Sevilla home on the cable DVR, but that’s it for “permanence” for me… and when we cut the cord, those will be gone too.

More power to those who would enjoy the DVD, though.

On 18/12/2019 at 12:09, Walkers said:

Why do people get offended over the most smallest and harmless of things?

Because 'Spursfan69' over on a Tottenham Hotspur forum will call it "small time" and some of the absolute snowflakes on here will take serious offence to it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Oxfordfox83 said:

Of all the people on the forum to praise the construction “most smallest”, I really wasn’t expecting it to be you...

Proof, therefore, that I can overlook such things because I understood the point being made.

Interesting though that I get pulled up on other peoples' mistakes, whether I point them out or not.

11 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Because 'Spursfan69' over on a Tottenham Hotspur forum will call it "small time" and some of the absolute snowflakes on here will take serious offence to it.

Pretty much this, there seems to be a weird obsession with not celebrating achievements because, god forbid, is comes across as 'Spursy', ie, akin to our great historical rivals Spurs....

Also ironic that the title race thread had a heap of posts about how Liverpool will collapse under the pressure we bring whilst we slated Spurs fans for thinking the same thing in 2016.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Proof, therefore, that I can overlook such things because I understood the point being made.

Interesting though that I get pulled up on other peoples' mistakes, whether I point them out or not.

It’s like watching your local bobby walk past a mugging and just shrug. Faith in humanity waning... 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

My god that is poor. Anyone who buys that should get their season ticket revoked. 

What are your thoughts on the old classic matches DVD they use to sell? 

I mean I wouldn't buy the Southampton one, but its only a keepsake of a record breaking night in the history of English football.

I don't get the over reaction. 

8 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

What are your thoughts on the old classic matches DVD they use to sell? 

I mean I wouldn't buy the Southampton one, but its only a keepsake of a record breaking night in the history of English football.

I don't get the over reaction. 

I don’t either. 

I’ve still got the VHS of the Oxford United/Tony James/not being relegated to Division 3 game from 1991 somewhere, they sold it in the tiny club shop at Filbert Street. It’s no biggy. The Southampton game IS historic, we did a good thing and if people want to buy it as a memento then why should it worry anyone else? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Like 4