Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton 0 - 9 (NINE) Leicester City A Post Match Thread

On 26/10/2019 at 23:35, East Langton Fox said:

I woke up this morning and wondered whether I’d dreamt it all. Got home at 2am   After the 140 mile trip home from the game, traffic a nightmare in southampton. We ran into jonny Evans at the services near Winchester. What a nice bloke, spoke to us and said the main issue was the conditions which were terrible.

a complete performance against a poor side but the team spirit is as good as 2015/16 and the quality even better. Harvey Barnes was electric. 
ive has good and bad times watching the City home and away for over 40 years and last night was one of those special nights, just pleased i’d got my two sons with me to share it.

... with all the accolades for the performance, it is strange that the conditions have not been mentioned to any extent!!!

You would think that with all the rain, wind and cold they would have wanted to get into a nice hot bath and begging to be substituted. The absolute joy on the players faces is amazing and beggars believe that it could have been done in those conditions.

Different class......!!!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hordriss said:

I honestly think he's our best manager since Koeman, but he's inherited a poor squad with some of them on big, long contracts. Also, his assistant left in the summer and hasn't been replaced which can't be helpful. 

He definitely gave us a lift when he joined, but there are some question marks this season.  The biggest issue though is that our squad isn't really good enough. It's pretty sickening when you see the talent that's gone and what we've replaced it with. 

I think I read Gao has a lot to answer for. When it's shit that high up, no manager really stands a chance. 

Of course I was extremely satisfied Friday for our display, not for the opponent. I'd have had to join a Forest, Cov or Derby board to gloat if it was one of those! There is about 18 teams In the PL above Southampton that deserve gloating over in my book! I didn't feel the need to gloat over Southampton. 

Can I ask a question please? I saw it on ESPN or somewhere and there was a good argument about my question. Do you think it was disrespectful for us to carry on after 5-0? 

I honestly don't believe it was and I think we showed you respect by playing on. How I see it is this: 

If we just stopped  at 5-0, we’d have had to still keep possession. That to me only leaves limited options, one of which is showboating. I think that's disrespectful in some ways. Against 10 men and 5-0 up, I do think it is disrespectful in that sense. Also, records are there do be broken. Just curious. ✌️

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ealingfox said:

Yan Valery was truly horrific. Absolute car crash from start to finish.

That, er, set-up? for Tielemans' goal was amateurish defending. It wasn't a difficult ball to cut out yet he just seemed to knock it along without any care in the world. And it was a key moment in the game- if they'd kept it 1-0 for 20-25 minutes you never know but to gift us a goal 5 minutes after a red card was terminal in the match.

Saw the ESPN commentary about our record all-time top flight away win... what a bunch of amateurs!!  Can not believe they can confuse themselves with their own questions and statements.

As to my opinion if it was disrespectful... no, we were not disrespectful for continuing to play. I thought the Saints team were disrespectful to their fans and their club for simply not trying.

Im sure that if this was to happen to us one day I would wish the opposition would answer our pleas for mercy.  But they shouldn’t.  It’s a sport, and over the course of a long season we may be glad we put Southampton to the sword the way we did

• Like 1

Neil Ashton said we were in a vindictive mood. Others have described us as ruthless, efficient, unforgiving, ferocious etc. These are the things I want City to be. Hopefully we will get a reputation being those things.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Koke said:

Neil Ashton said we were in a vindictive mood. Others have described us as ruthless, efficient, unforgiving, ferocious etc. These are the things I want City to be. Hopefully we will get a reputation being those things.

What's pleased me most about the two big wins this season is how well we've killed the game against ten men. Three goals within 15 against Newcastle, two in 10 the other night. We've struggled enough ourselves, and been resolute with ten for long periods, to know it isn't always straightforward.

• Like 1

On 26/10/2019 at 17:32, Koke said:

I'm still amazed a Premier League team lost 9-0 at home lol this is mental of epic proportions. How is this even manageable? Even on a truly awful day the result should be 4-0 or 5-0,. At worst. 9-0 is completely unacceptable.

because i wouldn't have angus gunn in our work's 6 a side game. and we don't even have a keeper.