Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton 0 - 9 (NINE) Leicester City A Post Match Thread

46 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

A hopefully very minor and insignificant point, but thought it was pretty unprofessional of Andre Marriner to only add 2 minutes injury time at the end of the second half. Yes, it was a humiliation and the game was long over but this wasn't a cup game, goal difference matters. There were 4 goals, one of which was a penalty, and 3 substitutions during the second half, so there should obviously have been more than 2 minutes added on.

Actually the penalty was during added time so forget that. Still, 3 goals and 3 subs should give more than 2 minutes.

I agree if we miss out on the title cos we didn’t get the 10th last night I won’t be happy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ealingfox said:

A hopefully very minor and insignificant point, but thought it was pretty unprofessional of Andre Marriner to only add 2 minutes injury time at the end of the second half. Yes, it was a humiliation and the game was long over but this wasn't a cup game, goal difference matters. There were 4 goals, one of which was a penalty, and 3 substitutions during the second half, so there should obviously have been more than 2 minutes added on.

Actually the penalty was during added time so forget that. Still, 3 goals and 3 subs should give more than 2 minutes.

Don't be such a dimwit. The vast majority of pastings, whether 8-0 or 4-0 when the losing team are getting toyed with see curtailed injury times. It's not like this was the first time.

What a bizarre thing to get worked up about.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Don't be such a dimwit. The vast majority of pastings, whether 8-0 or 4-0 when the losing team are getting toyed with see curtailed injury times. It's not like this was the first time.

What a bizarre thing to get worked up about.

I didn't say it was the first time and that it was minor and insignificant was literally the first thing I said. Not sure I'm the dimwit here or the one who's worked up. Cheers for the unnecessary aggression though.

Edited by ealingfox

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

My only regret about this game is that some of the performance and progress from this game could be a false dawn because of how immensely shit Southampton were.

we put 5 past Newcastle and 9 past Southampton if we destroy another team with similar score lines then I don't think its a fluke, plus the table says it all.

37 minutes ago, twister said:

Lampard has done a great job but I am getting wound up by this youth propoganda being thrown around them its bollocks, the bulk of the team is the usual roman spending loads of money. If they just played the youth team  players they would not be a top four side.

Last time I looked Kovacic cost 30 plus million, Keeper cost 70 million, starting spanish right back and left back cost 30 million combined, , Pulicic 40 million, Jorginho 52 million, William  30 Million

Yes the three or four academy lads involved Mount, Abarham and Tomori have done  very well but the bulk of the team was bought for huge money.

Well over 250 million pounds of talent.

I kinda agree. Plus they have Kante to come back. Overall I think Lampard has done great considering the circumstances he walked into. But I also think Sarri wasn't that bad. 3rd + Europa League trophy. 

1 hour ago, twister said:

Lampard has done a great job but I am getting wound up by this youth propoganda being thrown around them its bollocks, the bulk of the team is the usual roman spending loads of money. If they just played the youth team  players they would not be a top four side.

Last time I looked Kovacic cost 30 plus million, Keeper cost 70 million, starting spanish right back and left back cost 30 million combined, , Pulicic 40 million, Jorginho 52 million, William  30 Million

Yes the three or four academy lads involved Mount, Abarham and Tomori have done  very well but the bulk of the team was bought for huge money.

Fully agree with you, the media spins this as Chelsea having a hugely young team and being all kids, but as you've said a lot of their team either cost a lot or isn't a 'kid'.  

Exact same goes for how United are portrayed, they spin it as being a young side and Ole giving youth a chance, yet leave it less said of the £80mill spent on Maguire, £90odd mill on Pogba etc. 

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

They should've gone for him before Unai Emery.

Glad they didn't.

Seen you a couple of times reporting on LCFC recently on East Midlands Today (including on Friday), which you discussed the events at the club very well.

Will you be a regular on there, or were these just one-off interviews with them?

Edited by Wymeswold fox

1 minute ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Seen you a couple of times reporting on LCFC recently on East Midlands Today (including on Friday), which you discussed the events at the club very well.

Will you be a regular on there, or were these just one-off interviews with them?

I was just a "talking head" guest rather than reporting for them.

My face for radio should probably stay on the radio.

• Thanks 1

Just Watcher it again on MOTD. ...One could Think it can bet boring...

I have seen all goals with highlights..maybe 9 times..!!    

I will most likely Watch it again 2-3 times before Monday....

Just Great goals,including the Move for the penalty.....!!

I suppose the day will come when I tell my Great grankids..thats enough..I am getting bored now...:trumpet:

Oh my First grankid is still only 6...!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

My only regret about this game is that some of the performance and progress from this game could be a false dawn because of how immensely shit Southampton were.

The movement of the players is what's so impressive, Rodgers talked about the sheer intensity of training in pre-season creating autonomy in games and it becoming 2nd nature and he's right. Watch all the goals again and almost every one we're like wasps around a tin of fcukin Lilt

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, twister said:

We are kind of in the same boat re: money spent and the perception of a young side though. ~£80m midfield 3, ~£55m right side ~£50m on the bench. I know it's not quite the same but we get similar praise in that aspect and neither side's hardly Bilbao. 

• Like 4

To be fair Chelsea prior to this season were the worst team in the league for ignoring academy players. This season they have promoted about 4 to the first team + Hudson-Odoi and Loftus-Cheek to come back so it's big news. They look very exciting, they deserve a bit of praise.

Pulisic was £60m plus I think.

I would add to your point that whilst its good seeing Lampard play youth players, does anyone seriously think he wouldn't go out and spend £50m on a striker to play ahead of Abraham or a number 10 to play ahead of Mount or a centre back to play ahead of Tomori. Youth is getting a chance because he can't sign anyone. And the fans will forgive him for starting Abraham over Giroud because the latter has hardly been a 25 goal a season striker himself. The bans taken a little pressure of Lampard and given him some freedom. If there wasn't the ban and he started Abraham every week, anytime they lost or he didn't score there'd be questions on why he didn't sign a big name striker in the summer.

• Like 1