Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Southampton 0 - 9 (NINE) Leicester City A Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

The legendary Tony Cottee! Another number 9 we were all very fond of!

I thought it was but then I thought his voice was too deep to be Cotee, so dismissed it…

He can come again I thought he was great 👍🏼 

15 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

I thought it was but then I thought his voice was too deep to be Cotee, so dismissed it…

He can come again I thought he was great 👍🏼 

Yes I agree with you he was great. I was also surprised by how sincere and enthusiastic both the commentators were and I think their reaction was very endearing because it was surely very similar to what we were all feeling. 

I have to say that all of the LCFC TV regulars are very good actually! Taggart and Elliott are very knowledgeable and Walsh has been good when he’s been on too. Totally agree about Cottee, he added value and it was great when he said he felt privileged to have seen the match!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Southampton 0-9 Leicester: Saints fan, 13, sees dream first game turn to nightmare
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/50192467

Every kid dreams of watching their team play for the first time, but for one young Southampton fan, his dream turned into a nightmare.

Tom Sherburn had travelled for four hours with his family from Somerset to watch his beloved Saints get washed away with every raindrop inside St Mary's as they succumbed to a 9-0 thrashing by a marauding Leicester.

It was not how his dad Mike had imagined things would pan out when he presented the 13-year-old with a voucher promising him his first ever visit to Southampton.

"He'd waited so long for it. Just walking to the ground, you could see his face light up at how fantastic it was going to be, with all the swirling rain and the lights and TV cameras and lots of people.

"It was wonderful. And that lasted 10 minutes," Mike, 43, told BBC Sport.

He'll be fine after about 3 years of councilling. 

• Haha 1

Travelling and just caught that on replay - jeebus.  We were clinical as hell, but Southampton really ought to be ashamed of themselves for that performance.  That's one where you almost wish you saved a few goals for when you really need them.

11 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

You realise this is false by definition? Only way goal difference can come in to play is with level points, which include the three won tonight. In that scenario, without the three points we aren't level....

You’re right. My mistake. I do believe the goals will be very important though. 

14 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Is it just me - I genuinely can't even remember half of the goals we scored tonight lol. We literally scored at the rate of one every 10 minutes.

Absurd!

i had to check on who scored our goals.

I can remember Perez and Vardy had hat tricks and Chilwell got the first and Maddison's free kick but for the life of me I couldn't remember Tielemans til I seen it again. :D