Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Burton Albion (Carabao Cup) A Match Thread

1 minute ago, Corky said:

On Soccer AM, Fuchs mentioned something about Tuesday so I'd imagine he's playing.

Ward

Justin

Soyuncu

Morgan

Fuchs

Choudhury

Praet

Perez

Maddison

Albrighton

Vardy

Id rest Vardy and Maddison and utilise Gray and Nacho 

53 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Two after the lord mayors show coming now, Burton and Palace away. Need to keep on the gas and professional, forget last nights result now - a freak. 

BR seems likely to insist on that, top guy at the helm. 

Understandably spirits on here are very high, and you certainly can't argue with a 9-0 win away from home in a P/L match!

But taking into account an utterly dire Southampton set up and performance, we have to keep our feet firmly planted on the ground, otherwise we'll all be moaning like crazy if we lose to Burton or Palace!

It also makes me mad to think we lost 1-0 to a terrible Man Utd side, and if we'd shown the same drive there as we did last night we'd be sitting on 23 points now.

So I'd play a strong side v Burton. We don't play until next Sunday, so plenty of time for recovery and rest. Nothing like winning to keep spirits and confidence high. Also to show intent to the opposition that we really take the cup seriously. Burton love a cup game, so I think they will set up strong.

I'd go:

Kasper

Justin

Morgan

Soyuncu.

Fuchs.

Choudhury

Barnes

Praet

Maddison

Albrighton

Vardy.

Subs: Tielemans, Gray, Perez, Ndidi, Ricardo, Ward, Evans.

The ‘fringe’ players who play in this will be desperate to impress and stake their claim on a first team place.

I wouldn’t be scared to make quite a few changes.