Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Burton Albion (Carabao Cup) A Match Thread

Think we'll see a fair bit of rotation. Can only see 2 or 3 players retaining their place from last night's team. I'd certainly rest both full backs, Ndidi, Maddison and Vardy. 

It'll be interesting to see if he brings Iheanacho in from the cold - I think Perez will lead the line which would suggest some truth in Percy's article that Nacho may be loaned out in January.

Edited by LCCFox96

24 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Ward

Justin  Morgan  Caglar  Fuchs

Hamza

Albrighton Tielemans  Praet  Grey 

Perez

This is the side I expect we will see. I would switch Morgan/Caglar out for Benko -- It's a League 1 side, and it would be good to give him a chance...I don't know what's going on in training that has him pushed to the U23's, but he offers something the side is lacking, namely being as tall as an oak! I would hope we might want to start moving him to the bench instead of Morgan in the new year. But I don't think it will happen. I hope he makes the bench, though. I wouldn't mind seeing Leshabela and Hirst on the bench, too.

31 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

This is the side I expect we will see. I would switch Morgan/Caglar out for Benko -- It's a League 1 side, and it would be good to give him a chance...I don't know what's going on in training that has him pushed to the U23's, but he offers something the side is lacking, namely being as tall as an oak! I would hope we might want to start moving him to the bench instead of Morgan in the new year. But I don't think it will happen. I hope he makes the bench, though. I wouldn't mind seeing Leshabela and Hirst on the bench, too.

Yes, I too would like to see Benkovic. Has he been injured all this time or do we think that he may simply now be thought of as not good enough at this level?

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

Yes, I too would like to see Benkovic. Has he been injured all this time or do we think that he may simply now be thought of as not good enough at this level?

He's been playing with the U23's, so it can't be injury. Supposedly, he has had fitness issues coming off his injury last year.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I honestly can’t see why cup games, especially upto the quarter finals can’t be streamed on the clubs site.

It makes no sense to just not show them. 

There should be something this time I expect. Here in Oz they’re showing the Man City match live, and a recording of the the Leicester match afterwards on Bein Sport. Presumably somewhere they’ll be showing it live.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

He's been playing with the U23's, so it can't be injury. Supposedly, he has had fitness issues coming off his injury last year.

Played in the first 2 u23 games in August, with him going off at half time in the 2nd game, then he didn't play until the last 2 u23 games, so I imagine it was an injury keeping him out

Ideal game for him to play, if he doesn't, I would imagine it means he is very likely to go out on loan in January

Edited by moore_94

4 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Christ we’re going to lose this now aren’t we?

It would be typical wouldn't it. There's no scientific reason for it, other than it just being typical football. Team records one of the best results in their history, breaking yet another unthinkable set of records then loses to Burton Albion lol

Really, when it comes down to it we've got no excuse here. Our attitude's been spot on of late.

I'd rest Vardy and see how Perez looks in a true striker role, keeping Vardy on the bench for an "emergency break glass" situation.  Get Albrightron, Praet, Fuchs, Justin and Choudhury out there and maybe give Benkovic his first run-out for Soyuncu.

• Like 4

I can see the sense behind all of the selections above, and who knows who'll be right. But after Chilwell and Barnes finally clicked I'd like to see them build on that, and by the same logic I'd play Perez as a right sided striker again. The only payers that probably should be rested are Evans, Ndidi and Vardy, possibly one or two more, so I'd hope to see:

Ward or Schmeichel

Justin Morgan Benkovic Chilwell

Choudhury

Tielemans Praet

Perez Iheanacho Barnes

Subs: Jakupovic Soyuncu Fuchs Mendy Maddison Albrighton Gray

• Like 1

This is where our whole attack and wide players not currently playing international football will benefit us. They've just come off the back of a 2 week rest, we don't have to rotate for the sake of it. Ok, there's the risk of picking up injuries but I view this position we are in as a good chance to try and win the cup which we should try and do regardless of the league form.

• Like 1

I'd personally like to see us try out a different formation which we could maybe use later in the season if it works successfully. Maybe a 4-2-3-1 with Barnes as the 10 and Hamza/Praet as the pivot, or a 4-3-1-2 with Iheanacho/Perez as the strike partnership to prepare for the potential scenario where we have to play without Vardy. 

Vardy is absolutely the key to our season and should only play if absolutely necessary, I'd definitely rest him for this game.