Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Burton Albion (Carabao Cup) A Match Thread

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

This is where our whole attack and wide players not currently playing international football will benefit us. They've just come off the back of a 2 week rest, we don't have to rotate for the sake of it. Ok, there's the risk of picking up injuries but I view this position we are in as a good chance to try and win the cup which we should try and do regardless of the league form.

Brendan Rogers going to watch Burton Albion play shows how seriously he is taking this competition..and i think think players like Vardy and Kasper would love to play in a Wembley final...and what it would mean to Top ...so i think we are going to give this comp 100 per cent this year. Man City will be concentrating on the Champions league..Liverpool on the Premier league...i will dissapointed if we dont at least make the final

• Like 2

Ward

Justin

Morgan

Soyuncu (Benkovic if fit)

Fuchs

Praet

Youri

Choudoury

Gray

Perez

Albrighton

get a strong bench just in case but this team should beat Burton. Keep Pérez playing to hopefully score some more goals for the confidence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drofmor55 said:

Brendan Rogers going to watch Burton Albion play shows how seriously he is taking this competition..and i think think players like Vardy and Kasper would love to play in a Wembley final...and what it would mean to Top ...so i think we are going to give this comp 100 per cent this year. Man City will be concentrating on the Champions league..Liverpool on the Premier league...i will dissapointed if we dont at least make the final

Semi-final or better would represent a decent cup run for me, depending on the draw we get. Decent that we’re taking it seriously though, first time in a while.

Start by beating Burton first though, which will be a tougher one than many expect.

"After Southampton" (one day in the future we will all stop saying that) does anybody really expect a first choice player to not want to play in this game and take a rest? I can't see it.

It's a lovely game to go into with such confidence. 

I'd start the team that's feeling like our default starting 11, 4-1-4-1, and bring players off  (hopefully, fingers crossed) if we have the game under control, rather than bringing players on if we haven't.

8 minutes ago, Koke said:

13th in League One and they drew 0-0 with 10 men Blackpool at the weekend. I don't foresee many problems here.

Woah, that's dangerous talk. 

Burton are more than capable of providing the odd shock here and there, their players will be well up for this, ours have to be as well. 

29 minutes ago, Cujek said:

Woah, that's dangerous talk. 

Burton are more than capable of providing the odd shock here and there, their players will be well up for this, ours have to be as well. 

6 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Delete this.

We should win. I dont see how that's controversial. Even if we dont it will be due to our lack of focus etc.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ashley said:

Same team as Friday night, we dont play until Sunday so we should be as strong as possible. 

It's a squad game now, we need to use it. Players on the fringes need to be reasonably match sharp if they're to be asked to do a solid job if called on to do so. We can afford to fit some of Allbrighton, Praet, Gray, Morgan, Iheanacho, James and Fuchs  in at some stage for all or some of the game and still win. If we didn't we wouldn't deserve to go any further anyway.

BAFC will be more than up for this and will play their strongest side possible.

It’s a tight pitch at the Pirelli and they will be in our faces for 90mins.

they have scored some decent team goals this season so are more than capable of causing a shock if we are not at our best.

We pick our strongest side, simple as.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rigga said:

BAFC will be more than up for this and will play their strongest side possible.

It’s a tight pitch at the Pirelli and they will be in our faces for 90mins.

they have scored some decent team goals this season so are more than capable of causing a shock if we are not at our best.

We pick our strongest side, simple as.

Agree. We can always change if 5 nill up at ht

On 26/10/2019 at 15:55, sm1 said:

Ward

Justin  Morgan  Caglar  Fuchs

Hamza

Albrighton Tielemans  Praet  Grey 

Perez

...absolutely amazes me, how, after all these years, we still spell Grays' name incorrectly!!!!

6 hours ago, Koke said:

We should win. I dont see how that's controversial. Even if we dont it will be due to our lack of focus etc.

Of course we should win, we should have beaten Wycombe, we should have beaten these in 2012.

The Titanic should have floated.

i am very confident we will win, but they are certainly capable of an upset, nothing is a given in football though.