Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Burton Albion (Carabao Cup) A Match Thread

Think we should start a fairly strong XI as some have said but I'd rest Vardy, maybe only to the bench.

We're not overly strong in terms of strikers and it only takes one dodgy tackle to injure him in a game where he's not as much of a necessity to start. Iheanacho or Perez starting up front should be strong enough.

Although I do like Fuchs, I do wonder if it's opportunity to see what Justin is like as a left-back (seeing as he's played there before and he's already had a barnstorming debut for us on his preferred side) and then put Mitchell Clark in at right-back.

Then we can have Fuchs on the bench as cover if things go awry in one of those areas.

16 minutes ago, Rigga said:

I don’t want to see any changes at all..

absolutely no need..

we had a ‘training session ‘ last Friday and don’t play again until Sunday.

Have a feeling you’re going to be fuming when you see the team sheet 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

Although I do like Fuchs, I do wonder if it's opportunity to see what Justin is like as a left-back (seeing as he's played there before and he's already had a barnstorming debut for us on his preferred side) and then put Mitchell Clark in at right-back.

Then we can have Fuchs on the bench as cover if things go awry in one of those areas.

Clark isn’t ready for first team yet imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

U23s have a game tonight, so if Clark gets a game, it'll be with them.

I do agree with wanting to see JJ play though.

2 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I get the clamour for Perez up top on his own; but he's started to show some value from wider areas and at some point, I think we'd all like to see Nacho as a real option up front.

Got to be worth a try tonight starting Nacho up front (just make sure Vardy is on the bench).

Hope we see both Choudhry and Praet start. Would like to see JJ get another start too.

U23s play as well though, so lots of players are going to be seeing some sort of action.

That's not a bad shout actually, I really don't want us to give up on Iheanacho yet. With Praet and Hamza the likely two guaranteed CM's, it could be more of a 4-2-3-1 formation tonight and the 3 behind Iheanacho could be Albrighton, Gray and Perez

Ward 

Justin  Morgan  Soyunucu Fuchs 

Choudhury 

Praet            Maddison 

Gray                                         Albrighton

Iheanacho 

:) if Benkovic is fit then I hope he starts though over calgqr

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Come on boys, there's a trophy waiting for us here if we get a spot of luck with the Semi Final draw. 

We need to get through the quarters first 

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Claude was also trying to force Jamie Vardy out of the club. 

Really? No surprise he lost his job. Should have sent Puel straight to the nuthouse.