Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Burton Albion (Carabao Cup) A Match Thread

I think it will be a very similar team to the last round, should be able to have a few of the starting 11 on the bench or rested and be able to get through. Always a risk though lol

Ward

Justin

Morgan

Soyuncu

Fuchs

Choudhury

Tielemans

Praet

Gray

Perez

Albrighton

• Like 1

This may sound a bit strange but for me this is about how we react to what happened at Southampton. Sometimes it is easier to follow great failure than it is to follow high success. I just hope we have our feet on the ground, don't strut around believing too much in our own hype and play a strong team.

I don't want any chance of a sense of schadenfreude to be present after the match.

Burton will take this seriously and would like nothing more than to claim a top league scalp.

I hope the squad have come down from Friday night. The next three matches will say a lot about how our season will take shape. Let's start with a win in the cup.

• Like 1

Always strive for improvement. We want 10.

Difficult one with who to pick because the temptation must be there to rotate the squad, but at the same time its a massive opportunity in this cup so why take any chances. Really want to give Benkovic an opportunity but does he play with Morgan? That would be on the risky side. I'd be tempted to give some of the international players a rest, apart from Praet who hasn't started since. Keep the front 4. in to continue some momentum. Play with the right attitude then we are too good not to win, but Burton will be up for it.

Ward

Justin

Morgan

Benkovic

Fuchs

Choudhury

Praet

Maddison

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

Subs: Jakupovic, Ricardo, Soyuncu, Ndidi, Gray, Albrighton, Iheanacho

Vardy shouldn't play, he's nowhere near finished with his career but we should be very delicate with playing him when necessary. Just like he retired from nationals in order to preserve his club career, we should help him do the same. 

If I had to guess, I'd say Ndidi, Evans, Vardy, and Chilwell would surely be rested, with  Schmeichel, Ricardo and one of Maddison/Tielemans also being probable. 

Barnes Iheanacho Perez

Tielemans Hamza Praet

Fuchs Soyuncu Benkovic J. James

Ward

Is what I would like. Probably Morgan and Gray play though, over Benkovic and Iheanacho. 

• Like 1

Leicester City predicted line-up: Brendan Rodgers could ring changes against Burton

Brendan Rodgers could freshen up his Leicester City side for the Carabao Cup tie at Burton and reward the players that defeated Luton in the previous round.

Despite rotating heavily for the match at Kenilworth Road, City’s back-up players made light work of the Hatters, winning 4-0.

At Luton, Danny Ward and James Justin made their first appearances of the season, while Wes Morgan, Christian Fuchs, Demarai Gray and Marc Albrighton were handed rare starts.

The Carabao Cup quarter-final draw details Leicester City fans need to know
All six are expected to be involved at the Pirelli Stadium, when City take on the League One Brewers for a place in the quarter-final.

Caglar Soyuncu could complete the back-line to give Jonny Evans a rest, the Northern Ireland international playing in every match this season.

That could also be the case for Youri Tielemans, who has started every game so far.

In his place, Dennis Praet is likely to feature, while Hamza Choudhury could swap in for Wilfred Ndidi. James Maddison could start though, the playmaker left out for the game at Luton.

Predicted Leicester City line-up to face Burton in the fourth round of the Carabao Cup
Up front, Ayoze Perez could get the nod, as he did at Kenilworth Road, although Kelechi Iheanacho will be pushing for a start after his goal-scoring cameo in the last round.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-city-predicted-line-up-3477449

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Vardy can play all cup games now, the international breaks allow for his recovery. 

International break doesn't magically allow him to play Friday - Tuesday - Sunday and avoid all injuries. He still needs recovery time and Id be fine with him sitting this out 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

Vardy can play all cup games now, the international breaks allow for his recovery. 

I’ve never been an advocate of resting a player to avoid injury (not fatigue). However, we’re in a precarious position of being on the verge of something great and we’re also going to be heavily reliant on Vardy. Tonight’s game can be won by rotating Vardy, avoiding any needless injuries. 

That isn’t taking the cup lightly, we can still play a strong side and progress. 

• Like 1

On 27/10/2019 at 08:31, Steve Earle said:

I can see the sense behind all of the selections above, and who knows who'll be right. But after Chilwell and Barnes finally clicked I'd like to see them build on that, and by the same logic I'd play Perez as a right sided striker again. The only payers that probably should be rested are Evans, Ndidi and Vardy, possibly one or two more, so I'd hope to see:

Ward or Schmeichel

Justin Morgan Benkovic Chilwell

Choudhury

Tielemans Praet

Perez Iheanacho Barnes

Subs: Jakupovic Soyuncu Fuchs Mendy Maddison Albrighton Gray

Im liking a few totally different teams and although I'd like to see perez up top, there is certainly some merit in this one in terms of helping the first teams aims.

7 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I’ve never been an advocate of resting a player to avoid injury (not fatigue). However, we’re in a precarious position of being on the verge of something great and we’re also going to be heavily reliant on Vardy. Tonight’s game can be won by rotating Vardy, avoiding any needless injuries. 

That isn’t taking the cup lightly, we can still play a strong side and progress. 

Play Perez up top -- Vardy tends to get at least one red card a season, so it would be good to see Perez lead the line in anticipation. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Vardy shouldn't play, he's nowhere near finished with his career but we should be very delicate with playing him when necessary. Just like he retired from nationals in order to preserve his club career, we should help him do the same. 

If I had to guess, I'd say Ndidi, Evans, Vardy, and Chilwell would surely be rested, with  Schmeichel, Ricardo and one of Maddison/Tielemans also being probable. 

Barnes Iheanacho Perez

Tielemans Hamza Praet

Fuchs Soyuncu Benkovic J. James

Ward

Is what I would like. Probably Morgan and Gray play though, over Benkovic and Iheanacho. 

I think you're spot on. Whilst Vardy isn't at the stage that he needs to be wrapped up in cotton wool, just because of our own ambitions as supporters, neither is it reasonable to believe that he can play every league and cup game this season without the potential risk of injury or fatigue. Some on here, if playing a none league club would churn out the same worn out old favourites like 'they'll be well up for it's or 'we can't take it for granted'. Any lower division team 'would' be up for it and we shouldnt take anything for granted BUT ... you have to manage your squad and individual matches. I'd sooner Vardy sit on the bench now than for a crucial run in match hoping for a European place. If Perez, Iheanacho or another aren't capable of scoring against lower league opposition then it doesn't bode well for the Premiership or Europe does it, so better to find out now before January and find out how we'd manage without Vardy if forced to. The same with certain positions all over the pitch. The resting of the players named by Nicola Barella, for the reasons given, makes absolute sense to me. Should Vardy or other players get  injured later in the year and their replacements look like strangers to the first team or not match fit, don't be surprised or criticise if they haven't even been afforded some kind of live match opportunities against teams like Burton (no disrespect to them intended). If ultimately we did lose, these things happen, we'd have learned something about the caperbilities and deficiencies of our squad and there are bigger fish to fry, it would hardly be the end of the world. We need to know. It is a young squad learning curve and there have to be priorities like it or not. Mine would overwhelmingly be Premiership (potentially Europe), FA Cup and this one. You of course try for all three, but don't scupper all of them through an unwillingness to learn about the strength or fragility of the squad as a whole or pure nieve greed.

• Like 3