Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

40 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Would they really improve us though? I’m not entirely convinced! Need to trim the squad and make minor, quality additions.

The pool has to who would improve us getting smaller by the game.

Long may it continue.

2 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

Mendy, Iheanacho and Benkovic out on loan.

Young striker and a first team starter winger in please. 

Wonder how much Edouard at Celtic would cost and if he’d be willing to come and play second fiddle. 

Are you Chris Sutton?

Just now, pmcla26 said:

I could see him being shifted out wide if he made the step up. Think he’d be lost in the midfield in the number 10 role at the top level.

Yep don't get me wrong I don't think he's ready for a team like Leicester right now. But I think he's a bit Barnes-esque in that he probaby will be ready quite soon, a bit like Justin James for us. 

If we are in Europe we will be playing two games a week so will need to rely on some new players for many games. Think we will need a blend of experience and youth to do that (think a Jonny Evans style signing will be made for example). Of course that assumes we get into Europe, but it's looking good so far!

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

A lot of us thought we would be in for him in the summer, but I think the fact that no-one in the Premier League brought him is quite telling.

- Che Adams

- Neal Maupay

- Daniel James

- Adam Webster

- Jack Clark

All of these players were signed from the Championship during the summer, but no one went for Bowen. Perhaps Hull are asking for a fee that is too expensive, but given Brighton spent 20m on Webster, I feel like it's maybe telling that Premier League scouts don't think he's good enough? Hard to say really, I haven't seen the player enough to say.

One player from the Championship I do think is the business is Ebrechi Eze of QPR. Pace, power, tall, strong, technique and vision. He can use both feet too. He will for sure go to someone in the Premier League and I hope it's to us!

Two friends of mine who are QPR fans say he's better than Maddison was for Norwich during the season we signed him. Obviously they would say that, but the player was given the 10 shirt and a new contract this season to keep him there for this season and to secure a big fee for him if they can't get promoted. "Best player we've produced in 20 years" is the phrase I was told! He usually plays on one of the flanks, but to be honest is more of an all purpose attacking midfielder. Drifts through the lines and makes things happen. Could play as a 7, 8, 10 or 11.

Good post. Not sure about this QPR winger mind, I’m really desperate for us not to stockpile another potentially average winger. I know this boy could be class but I’d rather we spent a bit extra to go and get a top top operator. Don’t want to be left with another winger with similar ability to Gray and Albrighton in particular. Want someone to come in and get us 12 goals and propel us to the next level.

For me Zaha would just be an absolutely unreal signing but can’t see it happening or us spending that sort of money on him. That sort of acquisition would be fantastic though.

Edited by TJB-fox

4 hours ago, RobHawk said:

Positionally RW and back up striker are the 2 key areas of the squad to consider right now imo. 

Looking ahead to next season LB and CB are also considerations with the possibilities of losing Wes and Fuchs. 

As for names, not a sausage but we don't want to many changes imo

Hard to think of anything to improve this current squad, but I think RH has this about spot on.  Perez, Grey and Albrighton are all premier league quality, but a world class RW and the guy who could eventually take over from Jamie are the only things we could consider.  If Wes was to retire early, which I doubt a CB, or maybe give Benkovic a chance and when Fuchs leaves/retires a Left back.  Otherwise don't mess with perfection.  Also handcuff Brendan Rodgers to his desk.

40 minutes ago, Billy Big Balls said:

Some of the close control in this video is incredible! 

If that video doesn't show you why he's the dog's bollocks, I don't know what will! Both Bowen and Eze are in the current team of the season for the Championship, but in this match they both came up against one another, and you can see the gulf in class IMO (even though i quite like the look of Bowen too). It's not just his close control, he has the ability to find space, beat a man and his passing is fantastic. This guy is a great decision maker which is the hardest thing to do in football.

After the success of players like Mount, Maddison, James and Abraham the Championship will be raided big time for it's best players this season. This guy will go for sure, but someone else might well pay more than we are willing to, if we are even interested at all. I suspect we will be!

@pmcla26 I've heard good things about that lad on loan from Liverpool at Reading too, though I don't think he's quite in the same bracket as Eze. That said Harry WIlson was great in the Championshp last season and has looked good in the Premier League so he might well be able to make the step up too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, smiley said:

Jarrod Bowen From Hull city. Would need a bit of time but would be a great signing imo.

How much time would he need? 

Maddison came straight in from the Championship.

Barnes had fairly little Championship experience.

Choudhury had limited L1/Championship experience.

Bowen is 22, almost 23.

He's scored 46 goals in 105 games since summer 2017.

As a winger.

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

One player from the Championship I do think is the business is Ebrechi Eze of QPR.

Early days for him but looks to have something about him.

1 hour ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'd go for Ryan Fraser.

Another talented player, I like him.

4 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Before Friday I would have said another winger like many on the forum. But both Perez and Barnes were sensational on Friday. Perez will get the headlines but Barnes for me was electric and playing in a way I have not seen from him before. His interchange with Chilwell was magnificent, he was beating players for fun and that pass for the Perez hat trick, oh my word!

But at the same time having another top quality winger that can finish would not go amiss, even if they are largely a bench player who is slowly introduced with a view to playing regularly next season. Basically someone who can come off the bench to provide 5 goals / assists could be the difference between 4th and 5th, so I think we should go for it. And I am pretty sure we will! Top won't mind dishing out some of that Maguire cash after seeing how good we have been so far.

....can you envisage us signing Karamoko Dembele!!!

Not too sure what input Rodgers has had on his development or the risk of uprooting a sixteen year old, to another country and away from his close family ties. Purely speculative but..........!!

• Like 1