Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Jarrod Bowen

image.png.dcf7e4527bea1bad57d4bee6eccc3ae5.png

These stats are impressive and pretty consistent.

Is there something wrong with him? Why has no-one from the Prem taken a punt?

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

No pace, I guess clubs are worried he's Knockaert Mk. II

Pace is not everything. Look at Tielemans, he is world class, but about as slow as dial up broadband

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Across the next 2 windows I personally can see the club strengthening in 5 positions especially if we qualify for Europe to manage the workload of games.

Striker £20/£25m - the club is In desperate need of decent back up for Vards. For me if we qualify for Europe it gives us the opportunity to buy another potential first choice forward with rotation of games key to keeping both forwards happy. Few realistic options I can think of are Morelos (Rangers), Zapata (Atalanta), Martinez (Atlanta).

Winger £25/£40m - the recent form of Harvey has been really promising of late to be honest & if Perez can kickstart his season now then brilliant. However for me quality in depth is still an issue out wide. Ziyech (Ajax) would be my marquee signing across the two windows, if that’s not possible we should look at Silva (Benfica) or Hee-Chan (Salzburg).

Attacking central midfielder £20/£30m - Olmo (Zagreb) would be my first choice, if not Olmo then Lopez (Marseille) or Cantwell (Norwich). 

Left back £15m-£25m - One of these three, Roussilon (Wolfsburg), Willems (Newcastle), Lewis (Norwich).

Centre back £20m-£30m - one of these four Lascelles (Newcastle), Tah (Leverkusen), Konaté (Leipzig), Upamecano (Leipzig).

This leaves you with a net spend of £100m/£150m which seems a lot but bare in mind we’ve still got the £80m in the bank from Maguire which leaves you down to a net spend of £20m/£70m then your likely to have the departures of Slimani £10m, Gray £20m, Mendy £5m. With the Maguire money included then brings you to a net spend of +£15m/-£35m. There is no reason then why we can no longer challenge for the top 6 on a consistent basis.

It will be interesting to see how Perez gets on tonight if he's played as a striker with Vardy absent. If it goes well I can't see us going for a striker or winger in January. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WestLothianFox said:

Pace is not everything. Look at Tielemans, he is world class, but about as slow as dial up broadband

I wouldn't say he's slow, just that he isn't fast. And it's much easier to be less pacy the further back the pitch you are positioned in the modern game. A winger with no pace? Can you think of a good one right now that isn't old? Maybe an old fashioned "lump" e.g. Rondon can get away with it, but Bowen isn't one of those.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, les-tah said:

You play too much Football manager. These guys are being touted for the most elite clubs in europe not leicester unfortunately lol 

Youri Tielemans was a golden boy nominee and touted by Europe’s elite... 

Whilst I agree they are unlikely; let’s aim high. We are a fantastic club with genuine ambition to be part of the elite; dream big!

2 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Across the next 2 windows I personally can see the club strengthening in 5 positions especially if we qualify for Europe to manage the workload of games.

Striker £20/£25m - the club is In desperate need of decent back up for Vards. For me if we qualify for Europe it gives us the opportunity to buy another potential first choice forward with rotation of games key to keeping both forwards happy. Few realistic options I can think of are Morelos (Rangers), Zapata (Atalanta), Martinez (Atlanta).

Winger £25/£40m - the recent form of Harvey has been really promising of late to be honest & if Perez can kickstart his season now then brilliant. However for me quality in depth is still an issue out wide. Ziyech (Ajax) would be my marquee signing across the two windows, if that’s not possible we should look at Silva (Benfica) or Hee-Chan (Salzburg).

Attacking central midfielder £20/£30m - Olmo (Zagreb) would be my first choice, if not Olmo then Lopez (Marseille) or Cantwell (Norwich). 

Left back £15m-£25m - One of these three, Roussilon (Wolfsburg), Willems (Newcastle), Lewis (Norwich).

Centre back £20m-£30m - one of these four Lascelles (Newcastle), Tah (Leverkusen), Konaté (Leipzig), Upamecano (Leipzig).

This leaves you with a net spend of £100m/£150m which seems a lot but bare in mind we’ve still got the £80m in the bank from Maguire which leaves you down to a net spend of £20m/£70m then your likely to have the departures of Slimani £10m, Gray £20m, Mendy £5m. With the Maguire money included then brings you to a net spend of +£15m/-£35m. There is no reason then why we can no longer challenge for the top 6 on a consistent basis.

Decent post but I disagree that we'd be able to sign Zapata, Olmo, or either RB Leipzig centreback. Isn't Silva 16 and with a big tendon injury right now?

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Decent post but I disagree that we'd be able to sign Zapata, Olmo, or either RB Leipzig centreback. Isn't Silva 16 and with a big tendon injury right now?

16 as In age? Not heard about any injury’s but haven’t looked much up just going off what I’ve seen In the past. Blessed technically & has that dog attitude when it comes to winning the ball back which we all know BR loves.

With regards to other players it’s always hard to say whether we would have a chance or not. A lot of these lads have a dream about playing in the premier league & there guaranteed a pay rise coming to England.... never say never.

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 21:04, MPH said:

cambiasso has a great attitude and didn’t publicly humiliate his team or team mates. attitude is part of what helps a team bond.

Not particularly well liked within the squad though, thought he was a cut above according to what I have heard. Vardy also states in his book that they did not get along at all. Zlatan is everything that this squad does not need. Arrogant, prima-donna's not welcome here

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

16 as In age? Not heard about any injury’s but haven’t looked much up just going off what I’ve seen In the past. Blessed technically & has that dog attitude when it comes to winning the ball back which we all know BR loves.

With regards to other players it’s always hard to say whether we would have a chance or not. A lot of these lads have a dream about playing in the premier league & there guaranteed a pay rise coming to England.... never say never.

Whoops, looks like the Silva I'm talking about is a different Silva in Benfica lol

With regards to the others, Olmo is already really highly rated and I imagine will go to a club further up the ladder like Atletico Madrid. Zapata would probably not give up CL football to be 2nd choice in the PL, and the two RB Leipzig centrebacks are probably just as good and more expensive than our current centrebacks, seems weird to sign them. 

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Not particularly well liked within the squad though, thought he was a cut above according to what I have heard. Vardy also states in his book that they did not get along at all. Zlatan is everything that this squad does not need. Arrogant, prima-donna's not welcome here

Thing is, he was. Probably masterminded the great escape.

• Thanks 1

General confession

i have no idea who these other players are being referenced on here…. I dedicate way too much time to following football, but, people's ability to develop an intimate knowledge on the talent of Wolfsburgs back up CDM is quite overwhelming / remarkable…

I just get excited when I see a new name on transfer talk and simply trust that they’re amazeballs

• Like 1

Someone that would just slot into the team would be nice. I’m thinking Ryan Fraser or Dwight McNeil.

Ziyech would be the obvious choice due to his goal scoring and playmaking ability and he would take us to the next level. 

Come summer id be looking at grealish or Eze.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Someone that would just slot into the team would be nice. I’m thinking Ryan Fraser or Dwight McNeil.

Ziyech would be the obvious choice due to his goal scoring and playmaking ability and he would take us to the next level. 

Come summer id be looking at grealish or Eze.

Grealish probably won't leave Villa, after sticking with them this long I doubt he'd leave after his first season with them in the PL.

https://www.football-espana.net/81661/barcelona-and-leicester-eye-brazil-defender-rodrigo-caio

Barcelona are eyeing a deal for Flamengo central defender and Brazil international Rodrigo Caio, according to Marca.

Central defender Caio joined Flamengo in January after having spent the entirety of his professional career at his hometown club Sao Paulo, making 277 first-team appearances and he has won four caps for the Brazil national team.

The defender has previously torn his anterior cruciate ligament and has suffered several fitness issues over the years, causing him to miss out on the 2018 World Cup.

Indeed, in the summer of 2015 it was reported the defender had signed with Valencia in a €12.5m deal but it was reported he failed two medicals and the deal collapsed.

The 26-year-old is said to have been on the shortlist of watched players for Barcelona for a number of years and Eric Abidal is said to be a fan of his.

Caio will be playing in this year’s Copa Libertadores final and Barcelona are said to face competition from Leicester City for any potential signing next year.

A report in El Mundo Deportivo last week also claimed of Barca’s interest in him alongside Gremio forward Everton.

I’d have said RW and a striker but seeing the shape Nacho has got himself in and hearing all the positives from his effort and performance in training, just a winger.

We’ll need to spend next year though, we need a big squad if we’re going to win the champions league 🎣 . I’m not talking about spending what we’ve accumulated in sales either, I’m talking proper spending.

4 hours ago, weller54 said:

Bowen just scored an individual beauty against Fulham.. Spend some of the Maguire money on this guy.. What would he cost in January.. 20m?

If we're looking at a striker from the Championship I'd pick Karlan Grant at Huddersfield, did quite well last year in this league too.

• Like 1