Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

It’s a question for six weeks time. 

However I’m fairly certain any player brought in will be with an eye on the following; taking advantage of a contractual situation or bed them in ready for next season. 

Would say I’d be very surprised if you’d sign a player who would be in European competition with his club past January. Take someone like Haaland, he’d stay with Salzburg and have a go at the Europa 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

It’s a question for six weeks time. 

However I’m fairly certain any player brought in will be with an eye on the following; taking advantage of a contractual situation or bed them in ready for next season. 

Would say I’d be very surprised if you’d sign a player who would be in European competition with his club past January. Take someone like Haaland, he’d stay with Salzburg and have a go at the Europa 

Haaland will only be playing in the Europa league. It’s like saying that a player over here win’t be willing to join us because he wants to stay with his club and play in the League Cup

Get a striker in. It still seriously worries me how reliant we can be on Vardy - if he gets injured it's a huge miss given how good he is.

We're covered quite well in all other positions, especially midfield now we've seen that Praet can be quite comfortable at this level and Choudhury will no doubt keep Ndidi on his toes.

I wonder if we'll be in the market for a left-back as we can't rely on Fuchs forever.

Thing is, I don’t think we need a winger as such, but a versatile Forward who can play wide and centrally if needed. Albrighton is too much of a standard Winger, whereas Barnes and Perez fit the mould of versatile Forward. Gray is just, well, Gray.

So, another forward is needed in January. Bringing in a versatile player makes it easier to “replace” Vardy if needed as they may still get game time when Vardy is fit

I think we’ve got enough cover at CB for this season but need to get someone else in for Morgan in the summer.  I’ll be interested to see how some of our loanees get on this season as, if they do well (for example Luke Thomas) it might help us fill the squad without having to buy players

Edited by car1os

15 minutes ago, 49er said:

Unfortunately, that strategy han’t worked well with the likes of Nacho, Amartey and Kaputska

Neither were signings like Silva and Slimani, etc. Any signing can go wrong but we seem to be improving in this respect.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

1 minute ago, 49er said:

Haaland will only be playing in the Europa league. It’s like saying that a player over here win’t be willing to join us because he wants to stay with his club and play in the League Cup

It’s nothing like that. A Europa League with Salzburg would be a huge scalp. In the same way a Championship club winning the League Cup would be a huge achievement. 

46 minutes ago, 49er said:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

43 minutes ago, DrezZone said:

I'd actually quite like this signing.

41 minutes ago, 49er said:

I like the guy’s attitude and his will to win and give it his all wherever he has player. Always seems to get on the end of crosses

I’d love him here. BUT...

i’d  actually say his attitude is the worst thing about him. one of the best strikers of the last 20 years but a complete melt. 

He’s just said that no one will even remember MLS when he’s left and you might think he’s right, but he’s still got to play half a season with players he’s basically just called nobodies and forgettable.

Cant imagine he’d get on well with Vardy.

Edited by MPH

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Get a striker in. It still seriously worries me how reliant we can be on Vardy - if he gets injured it's a huge miss given how good he is.

We're covered quite well in all other positions, especially midfield now we've seen that Praet can be quite comfortable at this level and Choudhury will no doubt keep Ndidi on his toes.

I wonder if we'll be in the market for a left-back as we can't rely on Fuchs forever.

Can’t Justin play either side?

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

I’d love him here. BUT...

i’d  actually say his attitude is the worst thing about him. one of the best strikers of the last 20 years but a complete melt. 

He’s just said that no one will even remember MLS when he’s left and you might think he’s right, but he’s still got to play half a season with players he’s basically just called nobodies and forgettable.

Cant imagine he’s get on well with Vardy.

I see him as a Cambiasso- type of signing. As regards Vardy, I think that they could get on well. Both have a degree of cockiness and a bit of a nasty side. Vardy does not seem to like players or managers he does not rate. I do not think that Zlatan would fall into this category

Another striker above all else.  As long as Vardy's on song fine but any injury/suspension hits us hard.  We need to be ready without Vardy down the road in any case.

A winger would also be good but if Perez can build on Friday then it's less of a concern. There is a good spread of goals across the midfield. It's not like when we had Mahrez and only he was scoring.

I'm hoping we don't "need" anyone. I see Benkovic played 90 mins for the U23's on Friday and after his rave reviews at Celtic I'm hoping he gets fit enough to put some pressure on Evans and Soyuncu whilst solidifying the 3rd best CB that Morgan currently holds.

The one area that we could possibly improve is a wide attacking forward but Barnes is on an upwards curve and Perez showed in the last game that he can actually play and be a proper goal threat so we're not too reliant on Vardy. Hopefully Perez will be that 10 goal, 10 assists man per season.

The rest of the team can barely be improved on for a club like ours. Although I'm never averse to bringing in top young talent at any point. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

A winger is the only player that gets in our 11 right now. Yes we won 9-0 but still far to inconsistent out wide. I also wouldn’t risk bringing in more than 1 as that could upset the apple cart and the team morale looks great at the moment.

Draxler looks to be on his way out of PSG this January so they can bring in players so I’d love a signing like that!

Edited by les-tah

25 minutes ago, 49er said:

I see him as a Cambiasso- type of signing. As regards Vardy, I think that they could get on well. Both have a degree of cockiness and a bit of a nasty side. Vardy does not seem to like players or managers he does not rate. I do not think that Zlatan would fall into this category

cambiasso has a great attitude and didn’t publicly humiliate his team or team mates. attitude is part of what helps a team bond.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gerard said:

I'm hoping we don't "need" anyone. I see Benkovic played 90 mins for the U23's on Friday and after his rave reviews at Celtic I'm hoping he gets fit enough to put some pressure on Evans and Soyuncu whilst solidifying the 3rd best CB that Morgan currently holds.

The one area that we could possibly improve is a wide attacking forward but Barnes is on an upwards curve and Perez showed in the last game that he can actually play and be a proper goal threat so we're not too reliant on Vardy. Hopefully Perez will be that 10 goal, 10 assists man per season.

The rest of the team can barely be improved on for a club like ours. Although I'm never averse to bringing in top young talent at any point. 

Definitely think that if Benkovic can get consistent games for the u23s, there’s no need to replace any CB until the summer. I believe that’s when Morgan is retiring/ leaving?