Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

6 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Given the hyper-inflation in terms of transfers between EPL clubs and the fact Everton reportedly had an £80m bid knocked back a matter of months ago I don't think the price for Zaha is ever going to be realistic.

Shopping in the EPL market should be a last resort for Leicester imo, very hard to find value and all your recent successes have been imports from abroad or the championship.  If it ain't broke don't try and fix it.

Agreed, the only way to get quality players from other PL squads is nabbing them on their way down a la Evans. It's a result of everyone, even former minnows, being flush with cash.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sh204 said:

Highly unlikey but Thomas Lemar from Atletico Madrid is available for transfer. 

Could be a potential loan signing like Tielemans was but this time with a right to buy clause.

He's obviously done at Madrid and if an elite club don't come in for him which is likely looking how he's flopped then we would be a credible option for him.

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2019/atletico-madrid-want-to-rid-of-thomas-lemar/

• Like 2

On 10/12/2019 at 22:34, Billy Big Balls said:

Ajax have just been knocked out of the champions league so maybe a January move isn't off the cards. It's not like winning the Dutch league for the however-manyth time in a row is really worth sticking around for. 

This is the type of signing that could take us to the next level! 

Exactly this. We are the best option for him to come to a club where he's guaranteed to play week in week out. He won't get into the Liverpool or Man City front three on a regular basis. 

If we can pull this off, and keep this squad together for a few years, we can challenge on a regular basis. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/12/11/wolves-prepare-january-swoop-salzburg-forward-hwang-hee-chan/

At that fee surely we’d be interested too? Is the right age profile and has Champions League experience. Salzburg are a dynamic team so he should be able to adapt relatively quickly. I’d even be happy with buying now and loaning back to Salzburg until the summer. Whilst he would offer something right now, our team isn’t desperate for signings until we have European games. 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/12/11/wolves-prepare-january-swoop-salzburg-forward-hwang-hee-chan/

At that fee surely we’d be interested too? Is the right age profile and has Champions League experience. Salzburg are a dynamic team so he should be able to adapt relatively quickly. I’d even be happy with buying now and loaning back to Salzburg until the summer. Whilst he would offer something right now, our team isn’t desperate for signings until we have European games. 

Big rumours today that minamino has a 7.25m release clause as well. Know liverpool are keen but both are fantastic players 

4 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Big rumours today that minamino has a 7.25m release clause as well. Know liverpool are keen but both are fantastic players 

Another excellent player. Have been very impressed by that team and think their coach will end up in either the Bundesliga or Premier League quite soon. 

Leicester would be a better fit for both players as they will get more game time. Be interesting to see if there is any interest from us in any of that Salzburg team.

• Like 1

Salzburg have several attackers that look quality, that Daka impressed me in a few CL games too but seems quite inconsistent. I'd like us to go for both Minamino and Hee-Chan, we'd be phenomenal with them pair.

Lemar is a curious one, his career really could nosedive if he doesn't get the next move right. No doubt he'll end up at Arsenal and not do a lot but we'd be the perfect club for him, just wonder if his style of play fits in or not? I must admit, for a player of his reputation I've not seen that much of him.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Salzburg have several attackers that look quality, that Daka impressed me in a few CL games too but seems quite inconsistent. I'd like us to go for both Minamino and Hee-Chan, we'd be phenomenal with them pair.

Lemar is a curious one, his career really could nosedive if he doesn't get the next move right. No doubt he'll end up at Arsenal and not do a lot but we'd be the perfect club for him, just wonder if his style of play fits in or not? I must admit, for a player of his reputation I've not seen that much of him.

All the reports suggest Minamino is heading for liverpool it seems

7 minutes ago, les-tah said:

All the reports suggest Minamino is heading for liverpool it seems

Is this not just stupid click bait rubbish to appease the millions of Liverpool fans that had never heard of him before he played them and now they think he's amazing because he had a good game? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Is this not just stupid click bait rubbish to appease the millions of Liverpool fans that had never heard of him before he played them and now they think he's amazing because he had a good game? 

Surely he would look at shaqiri and realise that he would want to play more than 10 times in a season in all competitions as never getting in ahead of their front 3. 

9 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Surely he would look at shaqiri and realise that he would want to play more than 10 times in a season in all competitions as never getting in ahead of their front 3. 

Also.. The Thais/King Power would love a new Asian face for marketing purposes

Edited by les-tah
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, North Leeds Fox said:

I really hope he doesn't go to Liverpool tbh he'll never get a kick. Nobody is dislodging Mane and Salah any time soon. 

If Liverpool really are interested it's only because he's got a £7m release clause and they cynically just want to buy him to sell on for profit. 

We should be all over that really. Try and actually appeal to his desire for first team football. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

I really hope he doesn't go to Liverpool tbh he'll never get a kick. Nobody is dislodging Mane and Salah any time soon. 

If Liverpool really are interested it's only because he's got a £7m release clause and they cynically just want to buy him to sell on for profit. 

We should be all over that really. Try and actually appeal to his desire for first team football. 

Seems to be reported all over that he is off to liverpool which is mad from him if he wanted to play loads. I'd imagine he will sit on the bench and sell shaqiri for 3 times that in jan. 

25 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I’m not saying Lemar is a bad player, but we really should be looking for better output than 3 goals in 60+ games for a side of Atlefico’s quality. 

I doubt he’d wanna come here but I wouldn’t be overly keen on him either, he’s a old fashioned style run down the wing and cross it type of winger, so can’t see him getting enough goals or assists to be effective in a front 3. He seems to prefer playing in a midfield 4 on the left. 

Yeah he has mainly played wide left but in his peak year at Monaco I do recall him being compared with the likes of Mahrez as a skilful genius. I think we do need a left footed winger but one that cuts in from the right.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I’m not saying Lemar is a bad player, but we really should be looking for better output than 3 goals in 60+ games for a side of Atlefico’s quality. 

I doubt he’d wanna come here but I wouldn’t be overly keen on him either, he’s a old fashioned style run down the wing and cross it type of winger, so can’t see him getting enough goals or assists to be effective in a front 3. He seems to prefer playing in a midfield 4 on the left. 

The entire reason Leicester would be in with a shout of getting Lemar would be because of his record at Atletico being poor, if he was pulling up trees he'd be unattainable for obvious reasons.  A player with better output, who plays regularly in the Atletico side wouldn't go to Leicester, that's not a dig just a harsh reality.

The theory behind a signing such as this is your signing a player who has bags of potential, still at a good age, who hasn't had the best time of it lately but with a manager who has a proven track record of developing players you can get him firing again.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah he has mainly played wide left but in his peak year at Monaco I do recall him being compared with the likes of Mahrez as a skilful genius. I think we do need a left footed winger but one that cuts in from the right.

He's a tidy playmaker, I really liked him at Monaco. He could function as a more traditional winger but was equally comfortably keeping the ball moving round the centre of the park. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Just thinking about this more, it appeared that liverpool were favourites for Ryan Fraser but I presume this signing would change that. Could leave us as a good option for him