Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

1 hour ago, DerbyshireFox said:

I like the look of Eberechi Eze at QPR. Fits the profile of an up and coming young player, scoring goals from midfield. Has been linked with Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea I believe. Would have much better opportunities here

Ive said this guy earlier on! Fits the profile of the club much more than a zaha for example! stupid money! I read an article saying leicester have been scouting Eze along with a number of top clubs.  Brendan wants a winger and I actually think this guy is who he has in mind. Fingers crossed, although chelsea will make a move to now there free to sign players 

Edited by Heymister2015
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Unironically, I think we should sign Phil Jones to fill the Wes Morgan role for when Morgan is off this summer. Would be an excellent 5th choice.

You might get some :blink: Type Comments on this!!   But Why not....Jones ,is Not Automatic starter at Utd.though he signed a new contract in Febuary,so it seems utd also still want him on the backburner,at present I presume as a 2nd Choice & Utility player...!! He would be daft to leave,if they find a Good consistency this season

With also Cups possible CL seasons in Front of us He still wouldnt get 20 games (gametime) a season ( help with his Fitness-injury problems).We still should See young players emerging  if  Benkovic comes through,that would help but Jones as 3rd -5th choice,would IMO strengthen the deeper  squad..

Unlike some on here, I Rated him,a Good Club Profi though not IMO   England 1st teamer .Yes vor us  has a 4th- 5th Choice cover.

He also fills in.....Anywhere across the Bline  & DM.   Resting/rotating players, 75-80minute sub...!!!  He is still  only 27...He could still serve a Top club as cover..

Many on here didnt rate and were underwhelmed with the Evans signing....but hey-ho...!!

Now A.Kings gone we Need Another Gurner...:giggle:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Foxes04 said:

Gabigol wants to come to the Pemier League and would be an excellent backup for vardy

you have the Neymar connection to deal with, he's with his sister, struggled badly in Europe, would rather go for Morelos at Rangers personally.

What we really need is a goal scoring winger like Zaha at his peak, no idea who we could get though.

Now we seem to be laying out bigger Plans for the future,and aiming for an higher rate of consistency of what we were accustomed to...

Then even if Nacho,Barnes,Perez,Gray reach the hights we want to see...

Before season end,we have to be targetting Another out n out Nr 9...To slowly replace Vardy...That doesn't mean like for like,it could even should be, a striker

That even with successful potential of Nacho &Perez, he gives Rodgers a Plan B difference to (with) Vardy...!!!

I Hope he might be lurking already on our own books,One or two  Youngsters already prepared for the big nod,so they can be coaxed & groomed,for a more regular gametime.

Some of You might be tracking,and have Thoughts whether a Youngster or youngsters from the Academy side,is yet ready to make those First occasional steps.??

I still want us to Stay prudent and not buy, just for the sake of it..or pay mercenary Benchwarmers £90-130k+ like the so called "Top clubs" seemed to do!!

So players like Choudhury,Leshabela,Amartey still Need to be encouraged with actual gametime motivation..

these Next 3, games,would also the best Time to bring in new,Fresh Legs ,so we can Kick on again over the Christmas-new year period...

Praet,Choudhury,Nacho,Gray,Albrighton should be seeing more game time,either earlier subs,or starting games..

Before we buy anybody , I would prefer to see what if our potential quality latter named fringe players ,can Smoothly carry on our Momentum of point gathering,

und prove to themselves and us,they are consistently more than adequate when they are rotated into the side,and rightly compete to Keep their name on the

Teamsheet.

New faces are always Good and freshens up the team sheet and terraces,the Open question is ,are we in just for Stocking fillers,or someone

That bulges the Big sack..!!   Which Adds to & ups the teams quality.!

Matheus Pereira stats Vs Swansea: 1 goal and 3 assists. He’s now got 5 goals and 14 assists in 18 games. Taking the piss out of the championship, a lot of WBA fans rate him ahead of Barnes. The videos below remind me of Riyad. 

Link to goal:

Link to assists: 

Edited by Shane
  • Like 2

January could be the perfect opportunity city to get the key players in that we need given our form and position and football that we are playing.

We need to make it count. Not go crazy but buying 1 or 2 key players is a must.

Zaha would be good.

Haaland not impossible 

Bowen good goal ratio.

Fraser not impossible but expensive.

Punt on deloufeaou if spelt right as a back up 

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Can't understand anyone that would want Alfredo Morelos at Leicester. 

Not only is he unbelievably shite, he's probably the biggest cvnt to ever pull on a football shirt.Why would you ever want that disgrace representing your city?

Denise Wise apart....

Think the most important thing to improve the team in January would be to get them to play before bigger crowds at the KP. We are so much heading onwards and upwards a capacity of 32,500 really needs to be increased but sure  Top and his team are well aware of that

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Dunno if you are aware of how stadium expansions usually work, but very rare that you can build without closing off sections of the ground. 

Agree with your point, but doubt we’ll see any work begin until after next season at the earliest (with the training ground needing to be done first). Sure there is lots of work going on behind the scenes regarding an expansion but just because we don’t see it don’t mean it ain’t happening. 

Have no doubt about that and sure very soon this will be announced

11 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

If we do get CL football next season, Diego Jota would be fantastic to rotate with Vardy. 

Works hard but man can't hit a barn door. 

I like him as a support striker, he could play that Nacho / Okazaki role nicely or he'd be an upgrade on Perez in a 433 but he's nowhere near clinical enough to substitute Vards. 

Needs a lot of chances. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Works hard but man can't hit a barn door. 

I like him as a support striker, he could play that Nacho / Okazaki role nicely or he'd be an upgrade on Perez in a 433 but he's nowhere near clinical enough to substitute Vards. 

Needs a lot of chances. 

Perfect replacement for Perez or Barnes then :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Wasn't that great against us the other week, but i'd take Deulofeu, still quite young, can play anywhere in a front 3. Watford probably going down so he wouldn't want to stay around there, and hope Brendan can get his confidence and some consistancy back in his game.

Quite like the look of Connolly at Brighton aswell, looks like a younger Vardy, pacey, plays off the last man, gets into the channels and closes down like Vardy

10 minutes ago, Luttfox said:

Quite like the look of Connolly at Brighton aswell, looks like a younger Vardy, pacey, plays off the last man, gets into the channels and closes down like Vardy

Agreed about him - a player who can really make things happen.

I know we are all about the youth these days, but I wouldn't mind seeing a more experienced winger come in who is nearing the end of his career, but still fit enough to contribute. Main reason there being to have them to act as a bit of a mentor for our younger wingers to help them with their positioning and decision making. I don't have any names though, so over to rest of you for that one!

5 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

I would happily pay £30m for Maupay slightly annoyed we didn’t go for him when he was at Brentford he’s very Vardy esque.

30 million.... and you would happily pay it!? Thank god your not in charge of our recruitment. He’s average at best .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Pedro anyone ? Being linked with Villa .

Pedro the Chelsea player? No thanks. Not only are his best days behind him but he's also on about £110k a week.