Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

23 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Absolutely this, he wouldn’t cost a huge amount and he is on a par with the likes of Salah and Mane. As we’ve all said many times on here, if we want to be consistently a top 6/4 team we have to invest in some serious attacking quality. He would be ideal.

Steady lol 

You can't say a guy that's unproven outside of Holland is as good as those two yet, two guys who won the champions league last season and are top 10 ballon d'or finishers!

• Like 1

Regarding wingers we need someone who is going to make an immediate impact rather than one for the future.

i like the look of Trossard at Brighton who could be worth pursuing in the summer. Other than him we should be looking at players of the quality of Zaha, Felipe Anderson, Shakiri & Richarlison. 

whilst he looks a bit of a ****, Grealish could be a good shout too. 

if we maintain current form and finish in top 4 no reason why those sorts of players wouldn’t come to us 

Edited by Jazzy_Jeff

35 minutes ago, ALC Fox said:

I wouldn't mind Zaha and Adama Traore here to be honest. They'd cost a fair whack but it'd be one hell of a show of intent.

Would Adama Traore really be that great? Hes amazing at running. Kicking the ball not so much. Would end up being a more skillful Jeff Schlupp

• Like 2

(Realistically) I'd like to see three signings:

Jarrod Bowen - There is an Arjen Robben-esque style to his game, can't help but feel he'd be a perfect signing for us and I also want to see us continue signing and developing home grown talent. 

Aleksandr Mitrovic - Smashing it in the championship and seems another perfect fit for our team, and only 25. With integration and coaching could become a potential Vardy replacement in the long term. 

James Tarkowski - He's been a rock for Burnley at the highest level for a number of years now and I think he would improve further here if he is happy to be patient like Cags was. Potential Morgan replacement and home grown too. 

It would probably cost pretty much all of the Maguire money to sign them, but I'd say its a very good deal to indirectly swap Maguire for those three. We'd be an improved side. 

42 minutes ago, 4everfox said:

(Realistically) I'd like to see three signings:

Jarrod Bowen - There is an Arjen Robben-esque style to his game, can't help but feel he'd be a perfect signing for us and I also want to see us continue signing and developing home grown talent. 

Aleksandr Mitrovic - Smashing it in the championship and seems another perfect fit for our team, and only 25. With integration and coaching could become a potential Vardy replacement in the long term. 

James Tarkowski - He's been a rock for Burnley at the highest level for a number of years now and I think he would improve further here if he is happy to be patient like Cags was. Potential Morgan replacement and home grown too. 

It would probably cost pretty much all of the Maguire money to sign them, but I'd say its a very good deal to indirectly swap Maguire for those three. We'd be an improved side. 

I’m sorry but those are the type of players we’d have signed in 2014.. we need better quality! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

I’m sorry but those are the type of players we’d have signed in 2014.. we need better quality! 

Couldn’t agree more. We’re 2nd in the league. If we have ambitions of staying there for a number of years we need to start shopping upmarket. 

Well I don’t think that Zaha fits the Leicester model of acquisition and just can’t see us spending £80 odd million, after all that’s what we sell players for these days.

I do hope though that if we spend this window it’s on real exciting quality. I like the idea of a Zyech type acquisition that takes our profile and intent to that next level as oppose to buying say an established Championship player - though I’m not going to write off that approach as it’s worked before us. 

I kinda just want to be excited by a transfer window and if I’m honest that hasn’t happened for a while.

On 12/12/2019 at 07:57, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/12/11/wolves-prepare-january-swoop-salzburg-forward-hwang-hee-chan/

At that fee surely we’d be interested too? Is the right age profile and has Champions League experience. Salzburg are a dynamic team so he should be able to adapt relatively quickly. I’d even be happy with buying now and loaning back to Salzburg until the summer. Whilst he would offer something right now, our team isn’t desperate for signings until we have European games. 

I would be all over this. Not sending him back on loan however.

On 12/12/2019 at 02:57, StriderHiryu said:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/12/11/wolves-prepare-january-swoop-salzburg-forward-hwang-hee-chan/

At that fee surely we’d be interested too? Is the right age profile and has Champions League experience. Salzburg are a dynamic team so he should be able to adapt relatively quickly. I’d even be happy with buying now and loaning back to Salzburg until the summer. Whilst he would offer something right now, our team isn’t desperate for signings until we have European games. 

Id be absolutely gutted if anyone else in the prem, especially at that price, signed him ahead of us. i said he’d be a perfect for us earlier this season before they played liverpool...

would feel like a scout if we signed him! 

• Like 1